Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morris Claiborne likely out until late July *

Go down

Morris Claiborne likely out until late July * Empty Morris Claiborne likely out until late July *

Post by KeithUCF Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 pm

IRVING, Texas -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first-round pick [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who is recovering from left wrist surgery to repair ligament damage, probably won't practice with the team until training camp in late July.

Rookies, injured players, quarterbacks and wide receivers will practice at Valley Ranch for a few days before the team leaves for training camp in Oxnard, Calif., in late July.

Claiborne, who is wearing a brace during organized team activities, had hoped to return for the mandatory minicamp tentatively scheduled for June 12, but he said that's doubtful.

"I don't like it, but I know it's what's best for me in the long run and what's best for the team," Claiborne said Wednesday afternoon following the second day of OTAs. "I'm not trying to rush it. I'm just going to take my time and do what the trainers have me doing in the meantime."

Claiborne will wear a brace for two more weeks, then undergo therapy and if he gets cleared by team doctors, should be ready to practice in late July.

"You love to have him out here now," secondary coach [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said. "He's missing valuable reps. He's doing a good job staying in it mentally and standing behind a guy and having good questions. There is no way you can make up for the time you missed, it's tough."
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down