Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanked and sent home...

2 posters

Go down

Spanked and sent home... Empty Spanked and sent home...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't know--I thought those Devils were really kinda cute this year... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Spanked and sent home... Empty Re: Spanked and sent home...

Post by ~Sheila~ Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:34 pm

_HD_ wrote:I don't know--I thought those Devils were really kinda cute this year... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They were playing great when the season first started and then they fell apart.
Go Rangers, Go! Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 pm

I"m sorry... I was too busy being in awe of the 7th-place kick-ass Minnesota Wild, with their minus goal differential cleverly disguising the true powerhouse they are. When's the parade?

The Devils got precisely what they deserved this year. If Lou doesn't offload his surplus defensemen, get at least one legit top-6 forward and groom Marty's successor, he should just retire. I'm glad their season is over- I wouldn't have wanted to feel obligated to watch that shit for one minute longer than necessary.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:33 pm

MB20 wrote:I"m sorry... I was too busy being in awe of the 7th-place kick-ass Minnesota Wild, with their minus goal differential cleverly disguising the true powerhouse they are. When's the parade?

LMAO! Parade? What--to christen the fucking snow angel here? This shit is over the top. Seriously.

The Devils got precisely what they deserved this year. If Lou doesn't offload his surplus defensemen, get at least one legit top-6 forward and groom Marty's successor, he should just retire. I'm glad their season is over- I wouldn't have wanted to feel obligated to watch that shit for one minute longer than necessary.

Parise is an interesting player. He looks white-collar...and has white-collar finesse--but that mofo fills his plate with good, hard, old fashioned crash the net-- blue-collar work ethic. Forecheck...backcheck--makes no difference... His throttle is mashed from the moment he steps omto the ice. You want to talk about a true 200' player--that's Zach Parise. No--you're right...he's not going to be confusing any netminders into thinking he's Alex Ovechkin--but Zach is the type of player who truly leads by example. The cliche is ridiculously overused--but here's a player who truly does inspire the best game from those around him. I'd load the fucking boat with every player I could find like this--and when all the seats were filled--the Captain's ass can go for a splash and a long swim to fit one more... Cool

The first mate can stay aboard, though... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:I"m sorry... I was too busy being in awe of the 7th-place kick-ass Minnesota Wild, with their minus goal differential cleverly disguising the true powerhouse they are. When's the parade?

LMAO! Parade? What--to christen the fucking snow angel here? This shit is over the top. Seriously.

Parise is an interesting player. He looks white-collar...and has white-collar finesse--but that mofo fills his plate with good, hard, old fashioned crash the net-- blue-collar work ethic. Forecheck...backcheck--makes no difference... His throttle is mashed from the moment he steps omto the ice. You want to talk about a true 200' player--that's Zach Parise. No--you're right...he's not going to be confusing any netminders into thinking he's Alex Ovechkin--but Zach is the type of player who truly leads by example. The cliche is ridiculously overused--but here's a player who truly does inspire the best game from those around him. I'd load the fucking boat with every player I could find like this--and when all the seats were filled--the Captain's ass can go for a splash and a long swim to fit one more... Cool

The first mate can stay aboard, though... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We'll see if you're still saying that after the postseason. It's never been his specialty. The Devils sorely missed him this regular season. However, he was more like a third-line grinder in the playoffs instead of the marquee guy he's supposed to be.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

First Matt Cullen...then Dany Heatley...now Pominville gets his eggs scrambled--the guy they can least afford to lose...

No worries, MB...Parise will be watching the bulk of the playoffs in his easy chair--just like you...

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Yay...they made it!!! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm

_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

First Matt Cullen...then Dany Heatley...now Pominville gets his eggs scrambled--the guy they can least afford to lose...

No worries, MB...Parise will be watching the bulk of the playoffs in his easy chair--just like you...

Really? I thought that win over the Kings pretty much made you guys mortal locks to make it, no?

And, I really don't hate Parise. I just really didn't like how he spewed the whole "I want to be a Devil for life" bullshit when it was obvious from the minute he got to RFA that he was bookin' his ticket on the first train to leave town when his one-year tender expired. Anyone else in his position would have done the same fucking thing in the end, but his disingenous-ness really made him come off looking bad IMO.

I REALLY didn't like how badly Lou fell asleep at the wheel during the whole process... first by thinking he could buy Parise's loyalty by giving him the captaincy, and then compounding the error by having NO backup plan for the obvious eventuality that Parise was a goner. For as great as he was, he has done more to fuck this franchise over in the past year than I ever could have imagined. He needs to retire post haste.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:17 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:Yay...they made it!!! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sweet! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Really? I thought that win over the Kings pretty much made you guys mortal locks to make it, no?

Not mortal locks but that huge V put them in charge of their own destiny. The bottom line is they need to win one of their final two--either tonight at home against the Oilers or tomorrow night in a back-to-back on the road against the Avs and they're in as they take the tiebreaker with Columbus. Obviously tonite is their night...

Western Conference

TeamGPPts
1.z-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4675
2.y-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4766
3.y-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4759
4.x-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4758
5.x-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4757
6.x-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4757
7.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4754
8.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4653
9.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]4753

And, I really don't hate Parise. I just really didn't like how he spewed the whole "I want to be a Devil for life" bullshit when it was obvious from the minute he got to RFA that he was bookin' his ticket on the first train to leave town when his one-year tender expired. Anyone else in his position would have done the same fucking thing in the end, but his disingenous-ness really made him come off looking bad IMO.

I agree. He should have just kept his mouth shut, let it play out--and talk about what a fabulous place NJ was to play all those years after the fact...

I REALLY didn't like how badly Lou fell asleep at the wheel during the whole process... first by thinking he could buy Parise's loyalty by giving him the captaincy, and then compounding the error by having NO backup plan for the obvious eventuality that Parise was a goner. For as great as he was, he has done more to fuck this franchise over in the past year than I ever could have imagined. He needs to retire post haste.

Yeah--sounds like he's becoming tired/lazy... I'd move him out, too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down