Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geno Smith

+2
IrishJets1129
LRJets
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Geno Smith Empty Geno Smith

Post by LRJets Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Carson Palmer was just traded to Az. New HC Bruce Arians was gushing. Is he nuts? I
have respect for Arians, but Palmer?

He won 12 games in the last 3 seasons with 50 INTs.

Looks like a chance Geno Smith might be on the board when the Jets pick at

Do they go for Smith, or follow the common sense route and go for a DL or
OL?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Geno Smith Empty Re: Geno Smith

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 am

I don't want Geno no way would rather have the Jets take a QB, in the later Rd's, Ryan Nassib or Tyler Wilson,
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 am

I just mentioned the faint possibility of Smith possibly being available at #9. I didn't opine as to my
choice. At this point we need so much, I wouldn't know where to begin.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:I don't want Geno no way would rather have the Jets take a QB, in the later Rd's, Ryan Nassib or Tyler Wilson,

Jets need a QB who has enough arm strength to overcome playing in Northeast bad weather. I don't think either of these two guys have that arm strength from what I can see. Remember Nassib played indoors at home. Even Sanchez doesn't have a cannon for an arm although it is average at best. If the Jets are going to take a QB they should get someone who can zip the ball. Smith would be a good choice, although I don't see him lasting to #9, EJ Manuel and Mike Glennon are big guys with huge arms. I think they have a better shot at making it in the NFL, especially in NY, than Nassib or Wilson, plus they should be available after the first round.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:13 am

I'll give a name QB, Teddy Bridgewater Louisville 2014 NFL Drafts. Jets are going to have a bad season anyway they could finish the season having picking within top 5 picks in 2014 drafts. This will be Mark Sanchez last dance with the Jets if he doesn't do better next season he out of here. If they don't get the 1st pick they might have to trades up to get Bridgewater or they could take DE, Jadeveon Clowney can't go wrong with any of those to picks. 2014 NFL Dafts Can't wait.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:I'll give a name QB, Teddy Bridgewater Louisville 2014 NFL Drafts. Jets are going to have a bad season anyway they could finish the season having picking within top 5 picks in 2014 drafts. This will be Mark Sanchez last dance with the Jets if he doesn't do better next season he out of here. If they don't get the 1st pick they might have to trades up to get Bridgewater or they could take DE, Jadeveon Clowney can't go wrong with any of those to picks. 2014 NFL Dafts Can't wait.

Haven't seen him play, but heard he's going to be a good one. To get the first pick they'd really have to be awful, and I think the Jets will have a good enough defense that they will be "in" most of their games this season. I really don't see the Jets finishing much worse than they did last year, maybe 6-10.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Have you seen next year Schedule it a lot harder then it was last season? Jets Defense is not going to be better then it was last season even know it wasn't that good last season they have lost alot of players on Defense. Just don't see the defense winning the game for the offense unless they happens to score a lot on defense. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:Have you seen next year Schedule it a lot harder then it was last season? Jets Defense is not going to be better then it was last season even know it wasn't that good last season they have lost alot of players on Defense. Just don't see the defense winning the game for the offense unless they happens to score a lot on defense. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets defense was 13th in points allowed and that's with all the turnovers, "3 and outs", and no Revis. That's not a bad record. The players they are losing were getting long in the tooth and can be replaced by younger hungrier talent, some of which is already on the bench: McIntire, Bellore, Davis to name a few. With Coples, Wlikerson and Ellis, they have a pretty solid front line. Harris is still a prime ILB. If they get a top pass rushing OLB in the draft, they should be decent on D.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Defense lines might be ok but the defense of backs is what I'm really worry about. No Bell No LaRon. I think Antonio Allen might be ok the other haven't see enough of them. The Pats killed the Jets 2 years ago or so throwing the ball in the middle of the defense. Jets will needed to address Safeties in the drafts.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Defense lines might be ok but the defense of backs is what I'm really worry about. No Bell No LaRon. I think Antonio Allen might be ok the other haven't see enough of them. The Pats killed the Jets 2 years ago or so throwing the ball in the middle of the defense. Jets will needed to address Safeties in the drafts.

If the Jets draft an OLB that can rush, as many of the mock drafts indicate, then it will ease pressure on the D backs and make them more effective. But that's a pretty big "IF".

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:09 pm

LRJets wrote:

Carson Palmer was just traded to Az. New HC Bruce Arians was gushing. Is he nuts? I
have respect for Arians, but Palmer?

He won 12 games in the last 3 seasons with 50 INTs.

Looks like a chance Geno Smith might be on the board when the Jets pick at

Do they go for Smith, or follow the common sense route and go for a DL or
OL?
Go for smith, he might win a game or two more then Sanchez because of his legs, I just dont see him running into his OL-Men and putting the ball on the ground, but Geno Smith isnt even the best QB in the 2013 draft, I think Florida St QB Manual is even if they have him going in the 2nd round.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:26 pm

[quote="wyckedheart8"]
LRJets wrote:

......I think Florida St QB Manual is even if they have him going in the 2nd round.

I like him too. A few weeks ago he was projected in the 4th round. He had a good bowl game and Senior Bowl. Don't know what happened at his pro-day, but he must be moving up.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Seen a Mock drafts they have Jets taking QB Matt Barkley in the 2nd Rd. Do we really need another USC QB? last pass 10-15 years ever QB's that gotten drafted out of USC didn't really make it into the NFL.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Seen a Mock drafts they have Jets taking QB Matt Barkley in the 2nd Rd. Do we really need another USC QB? last pass 10-15 years ever QB's that gotten drafted out of USC didn't really make it into the NFL.

I don't like that pick either. Barkley seems to me to have a good arm, but not a great one. If you're going to take a QB in the first round, get a guy who can stretch the field.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 am

Of cause that what very NFL Teams want a QB's that can stretch the field like Brady, Manning and Rodgers and a Brees can do that real well. If the Jets do take a QB, I think they are better off taking one of these QB's not saying they are going to be the next Brady, Manning or Rodgers but down the road they can get better. With are QB's Ryan Nassib, Tyler Bray or Mike Glennon. I kinda of like Tyler Wilson alot but should be gone in the 1st Rd's or the top of the 2nd Rd's. I think the Jets should able to land one of those QB's in the 3rd rd.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:Of cause that what very NFL Teams want a QB's that can stretch the field like Brady, Manning and Rodgers and a Brees can do that real well........

How about Jamarcus Russell? Apparently he is seeking a second chance in the NFL. He has been working under the guidance of Jeff Garcia (who is also working with Mark Sanchez.) Reports are that he is back in shape with a new attitude to keep his weight down and to do whatever it takes. He defines what a big QB is, and has an arm to go with it. Reportedly, the Jets are interested.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:42 pm

wassejet wrote:
IrishJets1129 wrote:Of cause that what very NFL Teams want a QB's that can stretch the field like Brady, Manning and Rodgers and a Brees can do that real well........

How about Jamarcus Russell? Apparently he is seeking a second chance in the NFL. He has been working under the guidance of Jeff Garcia (who is also working with Mark Sanchez.) Reports are that he is back in shape with a new attitude to keep his weight down and to do whatever it takes. He defines what a big QB is, and has an arm to go with it. Reportedly, the Jets are interested.

Would be great for the Jets to acquire someone like him.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 pm

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interested in Russell. get real dude.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:55 pm

"IrishJets1129"]NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interested in Russell. get real dude.

Ummm...don't think she's a dude.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:06 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interested in Russell. get real dude.

Just reporting what I read.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by NY JETS1 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 am

LRJets wrote:"IrishJets1129"]NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interested in Russell. get real dude.

LOL! She's far too pretty to be a dude. As for Geno I was in favor of the Jets drafting him but in the last couple of weeks I heard a lot of negitives about him from the NFL talking heads. The Jets best bet is to get a pass rusher, with a good pass rush the Jets can get by with average safeties.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 am

[quote="NY JETS1"][quote="LRJets"]"IrishJets1129"]NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interested in Russell. get real dude.

LOL! She's far too pretty to be a dude. As for Geno I was in favor of the Jets drafting him but in the last couple of weeks I heard a lot of negitives about him from the NFL talking heads. The Jets best bet is to get a pass rusher, with a good pass rush the Jets can get by with average safeties.
And that brings us back to the topic of this thread. With the other teams acquiring QBs recently, (I doubt if KC is going to add a 2nd relatively high priced QB), Geno just might be on the board at #9.
Do we pick him, or a well-needed pass rusher or an O-lineman?
To be or not to be,..............
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 pm

LRJets wrote:"IrishJets1129"]NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interested in Russell. get real dude.

It was meant for Wassejet not Sheila. I think she make a reply to Wassejet
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ok.....gotcha.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Get this Straight Jets are NOT going to draft Geno Smith with the 9th pick in the 1st Rd's! OK GOTCHA!
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next