Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irony, Favoritism, or Ironic Favoritism?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Irony, Favoritism, or Ironic Favoritism? - Page 2 Empty Re: Irony, Favoritism, or Ironic Favoritism?

Post by guppy Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am

George1963 wrote:If you re-read my comments, I didn't say
"nobodys talking about it". I said the discussion would be "different"
if the Pat were involved. If it was the Pats instead of the Ravens,
doing the same things, people would be screaming "referee favoritism",
Goddell took care of his boy Kraft, cheaters, game was fixed, blah,
blah, blah. However, since it was a team other than the Pats, the
discussion is vastly different in nature and tone. That is my only
point. When the Pats are involved, emotion and irrationality replaces
objectivity.

If you mean by the media, no. The discussion would be about the same. Particularly among the media that are in business relationships with the league and have a vested interest in them not looking bad.
If you mean among the "haters", then yea. Because the league does do things to favor the Patriots, Goodell does take care of Kraft, and the Patriots have cheated.
The only thing I'm curious about is why the Patriots didn't go into clutch and grab mode themselves. I mean, I'm convinced they had a let the boys play thing going just like they did years ago. There's no other reason the officials would have been letting all the stuff go on that they did unless they were told to. And you'd think when BB saw the way the wind was blowing he'd have his guys join in.
The only thing I can think of, and you can take this as busting balls if you want, is that they're not good enough.
They have trouble enough trying to cover clean, all of a sudden telling them to start doing it dirty, which I would think is a skill all it's own, would be too much for them.

This is so full of shit - the part about favoritism. My point is validated. I agree it is not the media, it is the "haters". Fine. The "haters" are completely full of shit and unintelligent to boot. Do you have a tape of any meeting of top league officials at NFL headquarters where they are all sitting around a conference room table, and at the end of the meeting they all stand up and say, "OK, Gentlemen, its settled and we are all in agreement. We will order our game officials to favor the New England Patriots in games because its in our interest as a league to help that particular francise. But let us all be clear. The "favoritism" that we all hereby agree to show and grant to the New England franchise, we have no need or desire to show any such similar favoritism to any of the other 31 franchises. We'll leave those other lesser 31 franchises to sink or swim on their own. Everyone here agree? Good. Its unanimous then. The memo outlining this special league policy will go out by tomorrow. This will really be good for our league. And won't Mr. Kraft, who we all love dearly, be oh so pleased. OK, now let all go get some lunch."
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Irony, Favoritism, or Ironic Favoritism? - Page 2 Empty Re: Irony, Favoritism, or Ironic Favoritism?

Post by George1963 Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 am

This is so full of shit - the part about favoritism. My point is
validated. I agree it is not the media, it is the "haters". Fine. The
"haters" are completely full of shit and unintelligent to boot. Do you
have a tape of any meeting of top league officials at NFL headquarters
where they are all sitting around a conference room table, and at the
end of the meeting they all stand up and say, "OK, Gentlemen, its
settled and we are all in agreement. We will order our game officials
to favor the New England Patriots in games because its in our interest
as a league to help that particular francise. But let us all be clear.
The "favoritism" that we all hereby agree to show and grant to the New
England franchise, we have no need or desire to show any such similar
favoritism to any of the other 31 franchises. We'll leave those other
lesser 31 franchises to sink or swim on their own. Everyone here agree?
Good. Its unanimous then. The memo outlining this special league
policy will go out by tomorrow. This will really be good for our
league. And won't Mr. Kraft, who we all love dearly, be oh so pleased.
OK, now let all go get some lunch."

Do I have any tape? Jesus.
No I don't. What I have is Kraft saying publicly how he feels about a game being, or not being , flexed and it happens just like he wants it. What I have is Kraft saying publicly that playing 4 games on the west coast is kind of a hardship. Wouldn't it be nice is we could play 2 back to backs out there and it happens. Didn't happen for the Bills, Phins, or Jets that year btw. Or anybody else who's ever been in that situation.
What I have is Kraft saying publicly that he'd like to play in London and it happens. As the visitor. Again. I also have him saying he'd like to be the permanant visiting team in that game, so we'll see if the league gives them 7 road games every year. What I have is the Patriots rarely playing a team coming off its bye when simple math would tell you they should play one every year. What I have is the division schedule. Remember back in the day when the east would work with the northern teams going to Miami early in the year to play in the heat and Miami coming north late it the year for the cold. Not always, every game. The Phins have certainly played in September in NE and the Bills have played in Miami in December, but it averaged out to cold weather teams there first week in October, Miami in the North in the middle of November. Still is that way. For the Jets and Bills. The Patriots average Nov 14 for both games since the realignment and have played in South Florida in September exactly once. I have that. I have the Patriots having the two toughest (Manning wasn't with the Broncos when the schedule was made) home games on their schedule this year, against a dome team and a warm weather team, in December. I have Goodell sending his security guys to Foxboro in 2001 to get BBs tapes with orders to destroy them on site before he even knew what was on them. I have....ah hell, what's the point? If you're going to say that I don't have a tape of NFL officials talking about doing favors for the Patriots so they don't, there's no point in talking to you.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah Gup....the meaningful game in week 15 , Crying or Very sad Jets-Chargers was flexed from Sunday night (National) to 1 p.m. local.
NE slotted in that Sunday night.
Was that a Kraft "suggestion"?Smile
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:57 pm

LRJets wrote:Yeah Gup....the meaningful game in week 15 , Crying or Very sad Jets-Chargers was flexed from Sunday night (National) to 1 p.m. local.
NE slotted in that Sunday night.
Was that a Kraft "suggestion"?Smile

Ask George. He's the all-knowing one with greater insight into the league than the rest of us. So how were Jets-Chargers the meaningful game that week? A couple of 6-9 teams? Are you on the B.S. "Only NE, and nobody else, gets special league 'favoritism'" bandwagon too?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 pm

George1963 wrote:This is so full of shit - the part about favoritism. My point is
validated. I agree it is not the media, it is the "haters". Fine. The
"haters" are completely full of shit and unintelligent to boot. Do you
have a tape of any meeting of top league officials at NFL headquarters
where they are all sitting around a conference room table, and at the
end of the meeting they all stand up and say, "OK, Gentlemen, its
settled and we are all in agreement. We will order our game officials
to favor the New England Patriots in games because its in our interest
as a league to help that particular francise. But let us all be clear.
The "favoritism" that we all hereby agree to show and grant to the New
England franchise, we have no need or desire to show any such similar
favoritism to any of the other 31 franchises. We'll leave those other
lesser 31 franchises to sink or swim on their own. Everyone here agree?
Good. Its unanimous then. The memo outlining this special league
policy will go out by tomorrow. This will really be good for our
league. And won't Mr. Kraft, who we all love dearly, be oh so pleased.
OK, now let all go get some lunch."

Do I have any tape? Jesus.
No I don't. What I have is Kraft saying publicly how he feels about a game being, or not being , flexed and it happens just like he wants it. What I have is Kraft saying publicly that playing 4 games on the west coast is kind of a hardship. Wouldn't it be nice is we could play 2 back to backs out there and it happens. Didn't happen for the Bills, Phins, or Jets that year btw. Or anybody else who's ever been in that situation.
What I have is Kraft saying publicly that he'd like to play in London and it happens. As the visitor. Again. I also have him saying he'd like to be the permanant visiting team in that game, so we'll see if the league gives them 7 road games every year. What I have is the Patriots rarely playing a team coming off its bye when simple math would tell you they should play one every year. What I have is the division schedule. Remember back in the day when the east would work with the northern teams going to Miami early in the year to play in the heat and Miami coming north late it the year for the cold. Not always, every game. The Phins have certainly played in September in NE and the Bills have played in Miami in December, but it averaged out to cold weather teams there first week in October, Miami in the North in the middle of November. Still is that way. For the Jets and Bills. The Patriots average Nov 14 for both games since the realignment and have played in South Florida in September exactly once. I have that. I have the Patriots having the two toughest (Manning wasn't with the Broncos when the schedule was made) home games on their schedule this year, against a dome team and a warm weather team, in December. I have Goodell sending his security guys to Foxboro in 2001 to get BBs tapes with orders to destroy them on site before he even knew what was on them. I have....ah hell, what's the point? If you're going to say that I don't have a tape of NFL officials talking about doing favors for the Patriots so they don't, there's no point in talking to you.

No there isn't any point in talking to me. Not with the above crap anyway. I have no respect for your incesent anti-NE ramblings, which by own words is all born out of the fact that you "despise" NE, and you have only one agenda. Further, I am truly laughing at the sentence where you say Goodell sent his security guys to Foxboro in 2001 to get BB's tapes "with orders to destroy them on site before he even knew what was on them." Where can I gag? Right there. Right there. By actually typing that sentence and seriously trying to pass it off at truth (I assume you're serious and not joking) you might as well hang a sign around your neck that says, "I'M A LIAR, AND HAVE NO CREDIBILITY. DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY." Dude, for your information, the tapes were played publically on the NFL Network. I remember them being played, and then Chris Carter and Mark Schlereth commenting on them as to what they showed. I know because I watched that segment on TV. The tapes were pretty innocuous and bland. The camera focused on a sideline coach holding fingers in the air, and then a shot of the scoreboard (simple things you could see anyway from any seat in the stadium). Yes, they were later destroyed. But not until after they were played publicly on TV for the press. The fact that you said there were "orders to destroy them ON SITE (in Foxboro) before knowing what was on them" is beyond far out. It says to me one thing: EVERYTHING that comes out of your mouth as related to the Pats must be either be assumed to be false, or judgment as to truthfulness must be withheld until actual proof of truthfulness is provided. Falseness must be assumed first before truthfulness from you. You're nothing but a one-trick-pony, with one agenda, in which you'll say just about anything to try to support. Good luck with your team next year. I know I'm going to enjoy mine. We have enough player, coaching and organizational talent and know-how that we'll be in the playoff hunt again. We don't need, and we don't get, league "favoritism". And we don't need Luck. Keep feeding your hate if thats what it takes to make yourself feel better.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Ask George. He's the all-knowing one with greater insight into the league than the rest of us. So how were Jets-Chargers the meaningful game that week? A couple of 6-9 teams? Are you on the B.S. "Only NE, and nobody else, gets special league 'favoritism'" bandwagon too?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gup....I was teasing with you. I did prefer the Jets on that Sunday night instead of at 1 p.m. I'm aware the Jets were 6-9 at the time. No need for a briefing. And here I admired your sense of humor in the last two weeks.
Now you morphed into Fern!
Bring it back.
And yes I'd take NE's success in this century over probably any team.
Bandwagon? Gup...I'm a Jets fan. I wasn't a bandwagoner when Namath was drafted. I was suffering the year before. Born and raised in NY, anyone a Jet instead of a Giant is the "Anti-Bandwagoner".Neutral
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:24 am

LRJets wrote:Ask George. He's the all-knowing one with greater insight into the league than the rest of us. So how were Jets-Chargers the meaningful game that week? A couple of 6-9 teams? Are you on the B.S. "Only NE, and nobody else, gets special league 'favoritism'" bandwagon too?
Gup....I was teasing with you. I did prefer the Jets on that Sunday night instead of at 1 p.m. I'm aware the Jets were 6-9 at the time. No need for a briefing. And here I admired your sense of humor in the last two weeks.
Now you morphed into Fern!
Bring it back.
And yes I'd take NE's success in this century over probably any team.
Bandwagon? Gup...I'm a Jets fan. I wasn't a bandwagoner when Namath was drafted. I was suffering the year before. Born and raised in NY, anyone a Jet instead of a Giant is the "Anti-Bandwagoner".Neutral

I don't mind teasing LR. I'm all for it. I've got more huge NY sports fans friends than you can imagine. I met em all in school, and they became life long friends. We've had a friendly NY-Boston rivalry thing going on for over 35 years now. So I'm all good with all of that and our sporting back and forth. But some of the anti-Pats nonsense coming from our other friend from South Carolina is just intolerable. I now consider everything he says as suspect. Where is Frank when you need him? I'll talk to you on the Jets board and/or the Pats board. But I'm done with him. The difference between me and him is that I can both praise and criticize the NE Patriots for play on the field when warranted. He cannot. All he is interested in is unfounded conspiracy theories that have little to nothing to do with actual play on the field.

Here, just to show you that I'm all about good natured ribbing, here through my boundless generosity is a special picture of mine that I am willing to share with you LOL:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:22 am

Gup....George is probably one of the most knowledgeable posters around. The good thing is, he doesn't trash talk for the sake of. Anything "anti" with him is backed up by facts.
Understand, he was a Browns fan and has a deep dislike for BB for some reason. So do some Jets fans. Boy does BB get around.Laughing
Ironically, (as per the thread title), BB did some damage in his past to tick fans off before he was the NE coach. I never got ticked at BB for his Patriot success, it stemed from how he resigned from the Jets after 24 hours, and oh yes, the Jets were the stars in Spygate.
Other than that..may he keep on bringing the team to the finish line, but not crossing it lately.Wink
For you....pirat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 pm

[quote="LRJets"]Gup....George is probably one of the most knowledgeable posters around. The good thing is, he doesn't trash talk for the sake of. Anything "anti" with him is backed up by facts.

Disagree. He plainly said Goddelll sent a security team to Foxboro to destroy the tapes "ON SITE" without even knowing what was on them. You call any part of that statement factual? His statements are agenda driven. Not fact driven. I'm the one who is more interested in what takes place on the field (See visual represenation below). He is more interested in conspiracy theories and assumptions.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:36 pm

LRJets wrote:What's up LR? I see that every detail of Brady's kick, as well as the dollar amount of the fine it drew were of major concern of you guys. Not sure if you're advocating that $10K was an injustice or what?

Good to "see" you Gup.

Again, it's not the dollar amount of the fine. That's "Toddian" thinking. It's that the amount of each infraction was the same. (Actually Gore's fine was $500 more for wearing socks too low?) Brady kicked Reed. Not quite the same as "an attire violation". Either way the outcome of that game was not affected.

Unlike last night's game.

The NFL has morphed into the NBA with the "non call" with 1:46 left in the game. Simms (who I love) played company man so as the referrees could not be criticized and affect the outcome of the game.

It might have affected the outcome of the game.

We'll never know. I do know only one receiver was targeted so it was not a non call, but a call that should have been called.

lmao. hONESTLY, WHY WOULD ANY OF US CARE HOW MUCH THEY ARE FINED? SO IT CUTS INTO THERE BAR TAB A BIT....I DONT GIVE A FUCK. IT ALL GOES TO CHARITY ANYWAYS.....SO....BIG DEAL. FINE THE F OUT OF THEM!!!
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2