Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOLY IRONY, BATMAN!

3 posters

Go down

HOLY IRONY, BATMAN! Empty HOLY IRONY, BATMAN!

Post by LRJets Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm

The TimTebow-led Denver Broncos 2 games ago beat the Mark Sanchez-led New York Jets, and now Tim Tebow is traded to the Jets to become the back up to Mark Sanchez.

Only in Jets Land.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

HOLY IRONY, BATMAN! Empty Re: HOLY IRONY, BATMAN!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Like I said in that other thread.

I feel this is a bad move for the Jets. Sure they got him cheap and his salary 1.1mil next year is cheap as well, but what purpose does this guy serve besides a specialty package player?

The Jets may have just put them into the same popularity contest BS that the Broncos were dealing with. Tebow is at best a very mediocre QB. He's a FB or a TE trying to play QB. 46% completion percentage??? This move is a head scratcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Got a feeling we are going to see Tim Tebow in alot of mix plays Wildcat and Don't be to surprise to see him as a TE, with alot of people about him being a TE, and to see him in some running plays.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:25 pm

I think the Jets should trade Cromatie this guy a little bit of a trouble maker he ran his fat mouth too on Twitter plus if the Jets are going to clean up the Locker room issue then what better then to trade this jark. Jets can get back their 4th or a 5th rd for him.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:56 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:I think the Jets should trade Cromatie this guy a little bit of a trouble maker he ran his fat mouth too on Twitter plus if the Jets are going to clean up the Locker room issue then what better then to trade this jark. Jets can get back their 4th or a 5th rd for him.

Trade Cro? You are completely out of your mind. The strongest part of the Jets defense is the pass coverage, and Cromartie is a BIG part of that. With him and Revis on the edges and Wilson in the Nickle, the Jets have arguably the best CB package in the league.

If Landry stays healthy and the Jets draft Barron, they will be able to pretty much turn teams into one dimensional opponents forcing them to rely heavily on the run. Not too mention the sacks / QB pressures that are generated due to good coverage.

Cromartie doesn't like Tebow as a QB, and that sentiment is pretty widespread throughout the football world. He's a tough kid, he's a fighter, but he hasn't displayed anything to make you believe he will become a good passer. Cromartie, while he has his occasional hiccup on the field is a damn good corner back.

Trading him away would only hurt the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:03 pm

not so fast denver wants cash...wont happen

Back to top Go down

Post by RickC Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:I think the Jets should trade Cromatie this guy a little bit of a trouble maker he ran his fat mouth too on Twitter plus if the Jets are going to clean up the Locker room issue then what better then to trade this jark. Jets can get back their 4th or a 5th rd for him.
No way, besides, Cro is right.
RickC
RickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 pm

massjet wrote:not so fast denver wants cash...wont happen

I thought so too, stupid fuckers did it though. Paying half of the 5 mil that Denver Advanced Tebow. So the Jets gave a 4, and a 6, plus 2.5Mil for Tebow and a 7... WTF?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down