Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peyton Manning now the all time leader...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Peyton Manning now the all time leader... - Page 2 Empty Re: Peyton Manning now the all time leader...

Post by George1963 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm

AAAHHH! I did' bbb your thought because I discount them, just because I donT know how to quote them and address them individually with this infernal device.
And hell, now all I can remember from your last post, which I can't see, is if I was being sarcastic about Brady being better than Montana. Not at all. Not close. I think what you might be on is the most team success.
Was Eli the best qb in the NFL in 2007?
Has he been the best in the league in the last 5 year?
Of course not. That's Brady. Or P Manning. Or Rodgers.
There's not a one of them who's ever won dick without a lot of luck, and not one of them who's even close to the best NFL QB I've ever seen.
But if playoff W/L is the final measure, sure. I can learn to live in a world where Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Dan Marino.
Can't like it, but I can live in it.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Peyton Manning now the all time leader... - Page 2 Empty Re: Peyton Manning now the all time leader...

Post by guppy Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am

and not one of them who's even close to the best NFL QB I've ever seen.

Who's that?

But if playoff W/L is the final measure, sure. I can learn to live in a world where Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Dan Marino.
Can't like it, but I can live in it.[/quote]

Well, I get your point, but Mark Sanchez to Dan Marino is apples to cumquots. Mark got to 6 playoff games (winning 4) and Marino played in 18 games (winning Cool. So ya, winning percentage is something, but Sanchez doesn't meet the minimum number of games necessary to be part of the comparison. I'll just say arbitrarily that you have to have played in at least 10 playoff games to be part of the discussion. (I guess I just proclaimed Bart Starr the greatest ever, since he played 10 games and was 9-1 (.900) which is the highest %.) Also, there is something to be said for playing good enough to get your team into the post season in the first place. Manning has played in 20 games, which is the 5th most all time (after Favre, Brady, Elway and Montana), and I can see him easily passing Favre, Elway and Montana before he's through. Its all academic and just for fun anyway because they all will have busts in Canton.

So what is your frustration with the iPad? It can't be because it is your brother's iPad and he has a Patriots background on his home page, can it? LOL.

I don't have a tablet, but I'm thinking of buying a Micorsoft Surface this weekend. You heard any feedback about those?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 am

Marino won 8. I have no idea why the computer put a smiley face in there. Must have hit a wrong keystroke.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 am

LRJets wrote: I'll say this about Brady vs Montana. Brady is not a better playoff QB than Montana -- yet.

Gup...Maybe Brady isn't a better playoff QB than Montana, but he's not inferior. Just last year's SB proved that. Did he not play good enough to win? He sure did. I always get nervous when Brady gets the ball. For years. It's always, if not a TD, it could be a good gain. I've seen him do his stuff with countless different receivers over the years. A lot of different lineman.

Like PM, he is not arrogant, he's a hard worker, and both have tremendous passion. I'd be curious to see how BB would do without him and vice-versa. I think TB would fare better, and BB is an all-time great coach.

p.s. I get sick of their winning ways, but I only have respect for them. Crying or Very sad

LR, Pats fans know and realize we are lucky and fortunate to be enjoying this era with this QB and this Head Coach. We know that someday it will be over, and in the future we'll be talking about these as "the good old days".
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 am

So what is your frustration with the iPad?
It can't be because it is your brother's iPad and he has a Patriots
background on his home page, can it? LOL.

Nah, I just hate the thing. No Pats background, but he was down here to see the new place and he has this ratty magnetic bumper sticker thing with three Lombardi trophies on it that's gone from car to car for the last 7 years that he finally had to put in the trunk after about the fifth time somebody took it off and threw it.
Lotta Panthers fans here still sore.

I don't have a tablet, but I'm thinking of buying a
Micorsoft Surface this weekend. You heard any feedback about those?

Micorsoft? Never heard of it but I'll tell you this;
No matter how good a deal you think you're getting, never buy a knock-off.
I have a Rolecks watch that doesn't keep time for shit.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 am

George1963 wrote:So what is your frustration with the iPad?
It can't be because it is your brother's iPad and he has a Patriots
background on his home page, can it? LOL.

Nah, I just hate the thing. No Pats background, but he was down here to see the new place and he has this ratty magnetic bumper sticker thing with three Lombardi trophies on it that's gone from car to car for the last 7 years that he finally had to put in the trunk after about the fifth time somebody took it off and threw it.
Lotta Panthers fans here still sore.

I don't have a tablet, but I'm thinking of buying a
Micorsoft Surface this weekend. You heard any feedback about those?

Micorsoft? Never heard of it but I'll tell you this;
No matter how good a deal you think you're getting, never buy a knock-off.
I have a Rolecks watch that doesn't keep time for shit.

LOL
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2