Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow...

4 posters

Go down

Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow... Empty Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow...

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 pm

The Peyton Manning era in Indianapolis will end Wednesday.

USA TODAY's Jim Corbett confirmed that the quarterback will be released by the Colts after speaking with Manning's brother, Cooper.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[color:6e32=#fff]
Peyton Manning, pictured following the Colts' Super Bowl XLI victory over the Bears, will be released from the team.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[color:6e32=#666]By Donald Miralle, Getty Images
"Peyton and I talked today and had a good chat,'' the eldest Manning brother said by phone from his home in New Orleans. "He's going through kind of an emotional time right now. Until it was over, he was a Colt through and through."

The Colts will release the four-time NFL MVP, opting not to pick up his $28 million roster bonus and leaving him free to sign with any team. The team will announce the move Wednesday in a press conference attended by team owner Jim Irsay and Manning, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow... Empty Re: Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow...

Post by Stampede Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Women, children, and grown men will openly weep in the streets tomorrow ......I know we all will on this board, right?.....It sucks......Greatest of all time......Peyton will be the most highly sought out free agent in the history of mankind.......He could make several teams instant Super Bowl contenders......Can you imagine him throwing to Marshall down in Miami?.....How about Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona?.......Wherever he winds up I wish him the best.....He's everything a pro is supposed to be about and he will forever be the face of Indianapolis .........One more win last season and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.....Long live the mighty Colts!

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow... Empty Re: Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 am

Stampede wrote:Women, children, and grown men will openly weep in the streets tomorrow ......I know we all will on this board, right?.....It sucks......Greatest of all time......Peyton will be the most highly sought out free agent in the history of mankind.......He could make several teams instant Super Bowl contenders......Can you imagine him throwing to Marshall down in Miami?.....How about Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona?.......Wherever he winds up I wish him the best.....He's everything a pro is supposed to be about and he will forever be the face of Indianapolis .........One more win last season and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.....Long live the mighty Colts!

When I think of Indianapolis I see moving trucks, and not the sight of a horseshoe on the side of the helmet. That will always represent the Baltimore Colts to many of us old timers, just as it does to many of the Baltimore players, including the late Johnny Unitas, the best Colt QB ever. I think he took his last breath with nothing but disdain for the name Irsay.

Manning may or may not play football this year, and if he does he won't be the old Manning, he'll be the older and rusted up Manning. I hope one of the Pats opponents in the AFCE get him. That will set that team back another few years and a whole lot of money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:02 am

Stampede wrote:Women, children, and grown men will openly weep in the streets tomorrow ......I know we all will on this board, right?.....It sucks......Greatest of all time......Peyton will be the most highly sought out free agent in the history of mankind.......He could make several teams instant Super Bowl contenders......Can you imagine him throwing to Marshall down in Miami?.....How about Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona?.......Wherever he winds up I wish him the best.....He's everything a pro is supposed to be about and he will forever be the face of Indianapolis .........One more win last season and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.....Long live the mighty Colts!

I cannot invision him playing for another team. He is the reason the Colts have respectability today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:40 pm

PatsRBest........Is that you Rags?......I hope Peyton goes to Miami and kicks your ass twice a year......

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Stampede wrote:PatsRBest........Is that you Rags?......I hope Peyton goes to Miami and kicks your ass twice a year......

I think Miami is a good option for him. They have a fairly solid core, not rebuilding at all. Another I keep hearing about is Arizona. No way does he go to the Jets with all that drama, Houston keeps getting mentioned as well, I just dont get that either. They are a solid team with Matt Schuab.

Back to top Go down

Colts are going to release Peyton Manning tomorrow... Empty PEYTON MANNING, THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Post by wyckedheart8 Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 pm

No, I cant agree that Peyton Manning is the greatest of all time, he has lost more playoff games then he has won and GREAT QB's dont do that unless they were trapped in a seriously bad franchise most of their career, now is he a top 10 of all time, yea I'll go that far and teams will be doing what they can to get Manning for the next couple years AFTER their team doctors are done with him because they arent about to offer him the millions his agent will be asking for until they get the A-OK and they will be fighting over the years as well because you know he is going to want a guarentee in everything and more years then he is going to be able to give as his health goes, this should be interesting, the only owner that I think would be willing to grab him before the doctors give him the thrice over would be the Redskins owner
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 pm

BTW, Washington has a ton of cap space to go after Manning.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Miami will get him, because his wife said that would be her choice of places to move to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Heres my take. If he gets solid protection...and has recivers...he will make a run at the SB. He really has something to prove and hes got what it takes to prove it. I personaly think hes nuts for staying in the game. But hes a winner...and wants more. I wish him all the luck. He may very well make it to seattle and get a signed blank check .
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Manning is not dumb enough to go to a city without a dome or good weather, especially with the state of his neck. New York, especially with his brother playing there, would be a marketing dream, but he is going to go where his career will last the longest. Good fits would be Dallas, San Fran, Minny, Miami, Jacksonville, Arizona...just my opinion. If he goes to a team that plys 4-8 gamkes in cold weather, he won't last that long. He has always played in a dome, with a fast ground. I think part of the reason he chokes in the playoffs is because he is not a good bad weather QB.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Both Miami and Arizona are pitching that they'll sign Reggie Wayne along with Peyton.........Can you imagine him throwing to Marshall and Wayne or Fitzgerald and Wayne?.......Forget about it........And Wicked, your take on Peyton is the most fundamentally flawed flawed piece of trash I've ever read on these boards.....Several teams are ready to put out a blank check right now sight unseen......Even Todds Seahawks are saying they'll pay whatever it takes to get him.

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 am

No, I cant agree that Peyton Manning is the greatest of all time, he has lost more playoff games then he has won and GREAT QB's dont do that unless they were trapped in a seriously bad franchise most of their career, now is he a top 10 of all time, yea I'll go that far and teams will be doing what they can to get Manning for the next couple years AFTER their team doctors are done with him because they arent about to offer him the millions his agent will be asking for until they get the A-OK and they will be fighting over the years as well because you know he is going to want a guarentee in everything and more years then he is going to be able to give as his health goes, this should be interesting, the only owner that I think would be willing to grab him before the doctors give him the thrice over would be the Redskins owner[/quote]

As a Pats fan I can't agree either. In his career Manning is 7-12 against the Pats, including 1-2 in the playoffs. He was mostly a one game and out playoff QB until they changed the rules to favor his passing game. Things could have been worse too if daddy didn't get him into his own expansion division in 2001.

I have to admit that I'm enjoying the dog and pony show that we're witnessing now, and have been since the season ended. I'm sure Eli wasn't too happy about big brother stealing his thunder during SB week though, but he's probably used to that. Deep down that could be what drives Eli.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 am

Stampede wrote:Both Miami and Arizona are pitching that they'll sign Reggie Wayne along with Peyton.........Can you imagine him throwing to Marshall and Wayne or Fitzgerald and Wayne?.......Forget about it........And Wicked, your take on Peyton is the most fundamentally flawed flawed piece of trash I've ever read on these boards.....Several teams are ready to put out a blank check right now sight unseen......Even Todds Seahawks are saying they'll pay whatever it takes to get him.

Nobody is saying that Peyton isn't great, of course he is. I don't understand why Indy fans get so worked up when fans of other teams don't agree that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread though. Especially fans of teams like the Pats and Steelers, teams that have done pretty well against him.

I understand that Indy hasn't been a hotbed of
pro sports activity, so their football fans can be forgiven for
elevating the guy to lofty heights, but the notion that he's the
greatest QB of all time is simply ridiculous.

Thinking that Manning is special because of the amounts of money that some desperate team is willing to spend in a suddenly open market is the fundamentally flawed thinking. What makes him special now is that he's fallen into a perfect storm with his release. I'm sure Brees, Rodgers or Brady would demand just as much attention in the same situation, maybe even more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down