Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good enough, I guess

5 posters

Go down

Good enough, I guess Empty Good enough, I guess

Post by MB20 Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

But, really- fuck Crosby. He's in the bottom third of kickers in this league. I sure as shit hope our season doesn't come down to him having to make a kick, because he ain't doing it.

Anyway, with those injuries, a lot of teams lose this game, so there's that. 6-3 isn't too terrible right now.

I liked how the offense didn't miss much at all after Bulaga left. I hate that Bulaga had to leave. Why doesn't the fucking Injury Fairy go visit those lucky douchebags down the road? Fucking ridiculously healthy pretenders...

The slow, white guy- gets 'em every time.

Not the greatest game for the secondary. I don't understand why Capers refuses to blitz out of the secondary anymore. I hope he does this when the division games start- it could work well since it sure as hell isn't on film.

Percy should feel flattered to be compared to Randall Cobb Laughing Really, though- Cobb is fucking good. I can't believe he fell to us in the 2nd round.

Jermichael Finley- the 2013 starting tight end of the Oakland Raiders. Maybe Reggie knows how to get the goods from this manchild.

DD, I love you, but you're cooked. Please retire with dignity the instant this season ends. What a gift first down the refs gave him today.

Rodgers was kind of "off" today, and still had 4 TD passes. Even the INT wasn't his fault. We're lucky.

Bringing Jordy back was stupid. Really stupid. Why rush him back, and you have guys like Shields who allegedly got "kicked in the shins" and has now missed 2 games? Something's really hinky with the way this team handles injuries.

But, injuries notwithstanding, there's something here that I just don't like. I think there's a lot of sloppiness in both the play and the coaching. 3rd-and-1 on offense and 3rd-and-10+ on defense are situations that we just get killed on, and there is no reason for it. I think those are huge coaching failures. Our TEs, despite Crabtree's catch, drop way too many passes.

I'll take it. But, this team really needs to get healthier and much better to get to the places we'd like for them to go.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Good enough, I guess Empty Re: Good enough, I guess

Post by milani Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Nelson did not re-injure the hamstring. It was a foot sprain.

Matthews going out really put the defense in trouble. They fought through it but a better offense than Arizona would have stomped us.

What really is the killer to our 3rd and short offense is NO Kuhn. Rodgers was right. There is no alternative to giving it to the back and no blocking. May just as well line up in a 5 wide formation.

Was not pretty at all. Hope we can heal. We face some potent offenses and physical defensive lines after the bye.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Oh, and seeing Colledge and the stupid amount of money the Cardinals paid him made me wonder how that team managed to yank the thumb out of its proverbial ass long enough to get to a Super Bowl. Nice to see him suck in a way that benefited us for once.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 am

MB20 wrote:But, really- fuck Crosby. He's in the bottom third of kickers in this league. I sure as shit hope our season doesn't come down to him having to make a kick, because he ain't doing it.

Anyway, with those injuries, a lot of teams lose this game, so there's that. 6-3 isn't too terrible right now.

I liked how the offense didn't miss much at all after Bulaga left. I hate that Bulaga had to leave. Why doesn't the fucking Injury Fairy go visit those lucky douchebags down the road? Fucking ridiculously healthy pretenders...

The slow, white guy- gets 'em every time.

Not the greatest game for the secondary. I don't understand why Capers refuses to blitz out of the secondary anymore. I hope he does this when the division games start- it could work well since it sure as hell isn't on film.

Percy should feel flattered to be compared to Randall Cobb Laughing Really, though- Cobb is fucking good. I can't believe he fell to us in the 2nd round.

Jermichael Finley- the 2013 starting tight end of the Oakland Raiders. Maybe Reggie knows how to get the goods from this manchild.

DD, I love you, but you're cooked. Please retire with dignity the instant this season ends. What a gift first down the refs gave him today.

Rodgers was kind of "off" today, and still had 4 TD passes. Even the INT wasn't his fault. We're lucky.

Bringing Jordy back was stupid. Really stupid. Why rush him back, and you have guys like Shields who allegedly got "kicked in the shins" and has now missed 2 games? Something's really hinky with the way this team handles injuries.

But, injuries notwithstanding, there's something here that I just don't like. I think there's a lot of sloppiness in both the play and the coaching. 3rd-and-1 on offense and 3rd-and-10+ on defense are situations that we just get killed on, and there is no reason for it. I think those are huge coaching failures. Our TEs, despite Crabtree's catch, drop way too many passes.

I'll take it. But, this team really needs to get healthier and much better to get to the places we'd like for them to go.

Really good post, MB. You summed this game up really well and spelled out where the Packers are at this juncture in the season. Man, do they need that bye week. I just hope the injuries to Nelson and especially Matthews don't linger on.

I think we all need to step back a bit, reflect on all the bad shit that's happened to the Pack so far this season in terms of injuries, bad calls, etc. -- and be thankful that we're 6-3, currently positioned for a playoff spot, and in control of our destiny. Could be a whole lot worse.

A couple of guys I'm fed up with are Crosby and Finley. I wouldn't shed a tear to find them missing from the 2013 roster. I think it's time for Driver and Saturday to ride off into the sunset too. I'm sure liking Cobb, Jones and our young DBs however (even though they didn't particularly distinguish themselves this game).

It was nice to see the Packer running game be so productive. Green, Starks, Rodgers and even Cobb all put up decent numbers. I think we have a real battle for the feature running back position brewing between Green and Starks... and this is a good thing. I think Starks is the more gifted runner but I think Green is going to win the spot based on ball security and pass protection.

Anyone else notice how this season Rodgers often starts out games a little bit wild and then settles down quickly? Remind you of anyone? Hard to believe that Rodgers has 4 TDs and almost a 100 QB rating and yet publicly admits to this being an "off" day for him.

Another deja vu... does Crabtree's TD remind you of anything? I recall a Super Bowl in which the Packers were in control of the game, the other team fought back to within a score and then -- BOOM! -- one play and the Pack had its commanding lead back. That play was huge because you could sense the Packers' energy fizzling. Who knows what would have happened had we not gotten the quick strike?

Time for some rest and then bring on the rest of the division. I still think the Packers overtake Da Bears and we win the NFC North.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm

MB20 wrote:

DD, I love you, but you're cooked. Please retire with dignity the instant this season ends.

[/quote]

Um, yeah. I know I've gone on record as thinking it was a wise decision to keep the old guy around as a security blanket, but that was based on the perception that he could still get the job done in some fashion. But sadly, the game really looks to have passed him by. More specifically, his hands seem to be gone. Drops more than he catches. Not good... As the saying goes, there's the quick and the dead, and "Quickie" ain't quickie no mo.
I guess there's an argument that his timing is off due to a lack of reps, and having to come in off the bench to catch 3-yard bullet passes 1 or 2 times a game is setting him up to fail, but man, I've seen enough. The dude looks done.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Those 3rd and short debacles we saw even yesterday with the Cardinals not much of a run stopping team was sickening. Do we have to put Raji in there as a blocker or find Jerome Bettis? This is getting old.

As for Crabtree he has 6 catches this season. He did drop a first down toss yesterday earlier. Larry McCarren mentioned after the game that the reason he gets so open is that no one is paying any attention to him. Had Finley been lined up where he was yesterday the corner would have gone with him. The Cardinals had safety coverage on the 2 outside receivers and the right corner was lined up by Crabtree and assumed it was going to be a run or a toss in the flat and just plain let him go.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Hard to believe our passing game did as well as it did with Jennings and Nelson out, Driver and Finley worthless, Boykin raw and Crabtree ignorable.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Actually, the Cardinal coverage on our first 3 TDs was very good. Jones and Cobb just made sensational catches with of a pass that was put in a place they had to go up and get.

Crabtree, he had the slam dunk.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 am

Duck,

Boykin #11 did look raw out there. But he did run his routes........maybe Boykin will step it up as Jones has. I stand fully corrected on my assertion awhile back (last season I suppose) to just let Jones go. My oh my how Jones has stepped it up now that Driver has eroded. I still predict though......that DD will be valuable in a playoff game. For some reason he is not catching the ball with his hands anymore :>) :>) . Too much dancin' maybe.

As for Crabtree......at least he is out there playing full blast and doing the best he can. Best TE play last Sunday was #82's hit on the special teams play. That set the tone for the fans to get a grip and GO PACK GO the entire game. As usual.......almost nobody left the game early. A gorgeous sunny day in Titletown.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down