Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peyton coming back strong

3 posters

Go down

Peyton coming back strong Empty Peyton coming back strong

Post by Stampede Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Reports say he's coming around and throwing hard......I understand the business side of the NFL but I don't see how Irsay can let him go now.....Try and rework his deal but Irsay can't just cut him loose......Peyton brought this this team from laughing stock to perineal contender.....His presence is the reason we got a new stadium, which brought us a Super Bowl, and he was a huge part of the revitalization of downtown indy ......Peyton goes beyond football in this state and to release him at this point would be an injustice ......

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Peyton coming back strong Empty Re: Peyton coming back strong

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Stampede wrote:Reports say he's coming around and throwing hard......I understand the business side of the NFL but I don't see how Irsay can let him go now.....Try and rework his deal but Irsay can't just cut him loose......Peyton brought this this team from laughing stock to perineal contender.....His presence is the reason we got a new stadium, which brought us a Super Bowl, and he was a huge part of the revitalization of downtown indy ......Peyton goes beyond football in this state and to release him at this point would be an injustice ......
I don't disagree with how you feel. But, just as we Steelers fans have witnessed Hines Ward leave.... the business side of the game is catching up with these guys. Let's not forget their part in this... the huge mega salaries have left teams with no other options but to release the very people who have had a ahnd in their success. Sad, but a fact in the modern NFL.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:34 pm

I can understand your feelings about Hines but that's apples to oranges dude......Youre comparing a role player to the face of a franchise......A certain first ballot hall of famer to somebody that may not even make the hall.....Your great grandchildren will hear of Peyton Manning, but I doubt they'll ever know who Hines was.....

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Stampede wrote:I can understand your feelings about Hines but that's apples to oranges dude......Youre comparing a role player to the face of a franchise......A certain first ballot hall of famer to somebody that may not even make the hall.....Your great grandchildren will hear of Peyton Manning, but I doubt they'll ever know who Hines was.....
Dam... I asked a serious question and you came back with some form of sick love story. LOL.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:57 pm

foghorn wrote:
Stampede wrote:I can understand your feelings about Hines but that's apples to oranges dude......Youre comparing a role player to the face of a franchise......A certain first ballot hall of famer to somebody that may not even make the hall.....Your great grandchildren will hear of Peyton Manning, but I doubt they'll ever know who Hines was.....
Dam... I asked a serious question and you came back with some form of sick love story. LOL.

What was the question?.....I just reread it and I still don't see it.

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Stampede wrote:
foghorn wrote:

What was the question?.....I just reread it and I still don't see it.
Do you think Peyton is going to play QB for the Colts this coming season?
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I think the Colts owner has burnt that bridge. He needs to act like a owner and not some teenage kid with a toy. He needs to stop the tweeter bull crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I think its up to him if he comes back here or not.......He's going to have to restructure his contract in order to do so though......Irsay has already said as much.....The ball is in Peytons court.....He'll have to be the one that decides how this plays out......Consider this though, Peyton has already made $175 million from the Colts......He made $26 million last year and didn't take a snap.....He makes another $15 million a year in endorsements......If Peyton truly wants to finish his career with the Colts like he claims he's going to have to take a pay cut.......

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Stampede wrote:I think its up to him if he comes back here or not.......He's going to have to restructure his contract in order to do so though......Irsay has already said as much.....The ball is in Peytons court.....He'll have to be the one that decides how this plays out......Consider this though, Peyton has already made $175 million from the Colts......He made $26 million last year and didn't take a snap.....He makes another $15 million a year in endorsements......If Peyton truly wants to finish his career with the Colts like he claims he's going to have to take a pay cut.......

I hope for your sake Stamp that if Peyton can make a turnaround, that he stays a Colt. I cannot see him playing for any other team.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 am

I personally think it would be sad to see Peyton move on, and in general I love comebacks. Manning will have a much harder time of it if he has to make a comeback within a new system. He may go out the wrong way, and that would be a shame. Luck is no slam dunk as a prospect...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 am

Keep an eye on arizona I think that they will make a move to get Manning. Irsay has made it plain in his actions that Manning is gone he's fired or let go everything that was the Mannings Colts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alt="" /> Stick one in Poutin'; he's done. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 pm

RLON39 wrote:I personally think it would be sad to see Peyton move on, and in general I love comebacks. Manning will have a much harder time of it if he has to make a comeback within a new system. He may go out the wrong way, and that would be a shame. Luck is no slam dunk as a prospect...

I know there's no sure thing but everyone is raving that Luck is the most pro ready QB to come out since Elway.....They claim he's more ready than Peyton himself was.......As much hype as RG3 has gotten nobody expects him to go before Luck.....Luck is also a type A personality like Manning......The thing that gets me is that all year long the Colts have said they had enough maneuverability to have them both on the roster, now they act as if its impossible.......Had we of won just one more game last year we wouldn't even be having this discussion and I'm sure Peyton would have definitely been back here next season ......

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:17 am

Stampede wrote:
RLON39 wrote:I personally think it would be sad to see Peyton move on, and in general I love comebacks. Manning will have a much harder time of it if he has to make a comeback within a new system. He may go out the wrong way, and that would be a shame. Luck is no slam dunk as a prospect...

I know there's no sure thing but everyone is raving that Luck is the most pro ready QB to come out since Elway.....They claim he's more ready than Peyton himself was.......As much hype as RG3 has gotten nobody expects him to go before Luck.....Luck is also a type A personality like Manning......The thing that gets me is that all year long the Colts have said they had enough maneuverability to have them both on the roster, now they act as if its impossible.......Had we of won just one more game last year we wouldn't even be having this discussion and I'm sure Peyton would have definitely been back here next season ......

If Irsay and Manning play it smart and work together, they both can make out like bandits, even if Manning never takes another snap in the NFL. If he does come back I'd like to see him go to the Jets or Fins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down