Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARD TALKING TO TEAM ABOUT COMING BACK

Go down

WARD TALKING TO TEAM ABOUT COMING BACK Empty WARD TALKING TO TEAM ABOUT COMING BACK

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Hines Ward said in January that he is willing to take a pay cut to remain with the Steelers for another season and now he’s taking that message to the team.

Ward met with coach Mike Tomlin this week and has met with team president Art Rooney II as well in an effort to express how much he’d like to stay in Pittsburgh. Ward slipped down the depth chart last season and his playing time doesn’t figure to increase without an injury to one of the Steelers lead receivers. Still, Ward is willing to pare down his $4 million salary and thinks he can still be a contributor on the field. That leaves the ball in the Steelers’ court.

“We have so many issues, we’re $30 million over the cap,” Ward said to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We have to figure a way to get that down. My cap number is not huge if I restructure. There’s like 10 other guys they have to get. They really didn’t say. It wasn’t good, it wasn’t bad. We were just talking.”

Ward passed on the chance to say much — “I don’t have anything negative to say, I’d just rather not say anything.” — about departed offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and his decision to cut Ward’s playing time last season. Ward also offered no insight into his plans if the Steelers decide not to bring him back next season.

It wouldn't be the worst thing if Ward was to return for another season in Pitt, he would be a great slot guy (but really needs to get back into tip top shape) and he has experience out the wazoo to share with that young talented group of WR's, especially teaching them how to break off crisp sharp routes without losing a couple steps at the same time and that can only be coached by someone with Wards experience and who would be better teaching that young group how to get away with those little push-offs and so fourth without getting flagged, remember you aren't trying to win unless you are cheating and getting caught only hurts your team, just ask Michael Irving who was one of the best at the art of the push-off, I don't think there isn't a team in the NFL that wouldn't like to have Cries Ward on there team for at least one or two years in the slot and teaching their young WR's.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

WARD TALKING TO TEAM ABOUT COMING BACK Empty Re: WARD TALKING TO TEAM ABOUT COMING BACK

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Whines ward needs to find his rascal and get out. Freakin old stiff.

Back to top Go down