Ike Taylor, Troy Polamalu is coming back this week...

Go down

Ike Taylor, Troy Polamalu is coming back this week...

Post by diehardsteersfan on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:11 am

Possibly Ryan Shazier and Jarvis Jones too.  Question is, do we want any of these guys back in a starting role on this team?

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Re: Ike Taylor, Troy Polamalu is coming back this week...

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Polamalu is still one of the best leaders you guys could have on the field if he's ready he should be in there. Shazier is a weak link.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Dmounts wrote:Polamalu is still one of the best leaders you guys could have on the field if he's ready he should be in there. Shazier is a weak link.

Polamalu misses a lot of tackles especially in the running game, Shazier is just learning the defense so his mistakes are acceptable.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:31 pm

May be so but Polamalu has earned the respect of the team.They will play harder with him in there. Late in the season Shazier should know the defense. That makes him a weak link.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Dmounts wrote:May be so but Polamalu has earned the respect of the team.They will play harder with him in there. Late in the season Shazier should know the defense. That makes him a weak link.

You are debating a Steelers fan who hasn't missed a single game in the last maybe 15 years.  Polamalu has been playing the weak link this whole entire year.  Yes, he has had a splash play here and there but overall, he has been the key liability on this defense.  Respect counts for nothing until a persons career is over in my mind.  If you play bad, get off the field- if you aren't going to get over the bad play, retire.  That's the way it should always be or then you are letting your entire team down.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:45 pm

I'll give that I haven't seen but a hand full of steeler games, but when I do I see the team surrounding him for leadership.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:48 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Dmounts wrote:May be so but Polamalu has earned the respect of the team.They will play harder with him in there. Late in the season Shazier should know the defense. That makes him a weak link.

You are debating a Steelers fan who hasn't missed a single game in the last maybe 15 years.  Polamalu has been playing the weak link this whole entire year.  Yes, he has had a splash play here and there but overall, he has been the key liability on this defense.  Respect counts for nothing until a persons career is over in my mind.  If you play bad, get off the field- if you aren't going to get over the bad play, retire.  That's the way it should always be or then you are letting your entire team down.
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu has missed the past two games and four of the last seven while dealing with multiple injuries, including a sore knee. He practiced last week before being a surprise inactive against the Bengals. 

There are some who believe the Steelers should bench Polamalu but players on the team think that's absurd.

Free safety Mike Mitchell had more than one word, none of them flattering, for whoever is buying into the ever-growing narrative that the Steelers have to steer away from playing Polamalu in Saturday's AFC wild-card game against the Ravens. 

“That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard,” Mitchell said. “That's absurd. It just shows the disrespect that some people have, and they have no clue about our game.”
Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau only could muster a snicker. Cornerback William Gay blurted, “Ha!” 

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Dmounts wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu has missed the past two games and four of the last seven while dealing with multiple injuries, including a sore knee. He practiced last week before being a surprise inactive against the Bengals. 

There are some who believe the Steelers should bench Polamalu but players on the team think that's absurd.

Free safety Mike Mitchell had more than one word, none of them flattering, for whoever is buying into the ever-growing narrative that the Steelers have to steer away from playing Polamalu in Saturday's AFC wild-card game against the Ravens. 

“That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard,” Mitchell said. “That's absurd. It just shows the disrespect that some people have, and they have no clue about our game.”
Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau only could muster a snicker. Cornerback William Gay blurted, “Ha!” 

The underlined tells me all I need to know about Mr Polamalu.  A "surprise inactive" was not a surprise to me because he misses way too many tackles.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:46 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Dmounts wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

The underlined tells me all I need to know about Mr Polamalu.  A "surprise inactive" was not a surprise to me because he misses way too many tackles.
He will play this week... simply because he ALWAYS has a big game versus the Ravens. They hate him and he never fails to give them a reason to. LOL.
Admin
Admin

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Dmounts wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

He will play this week... simply because he ALWAYS has a big game versus the Ravens. They hate him and he never fails to give them a reason to. LOL.

I'm thinking that Tomlin will let him play in a few plays because this will be his last game if we lose.  Still, I do not see him coming back next year.  I love the guy but he's just not the same player anymore.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Dmounts wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

I'm thinking that Tomlin will let him play in a few plays because this will be his last game if we lose.  Still, I do not see him coming back next year.  I love the guy but he's just not the same player anymore.
I agree, but feel all great fighters have at least one more fight in them.... I just hope Troy can deliver one tonight.
Admin
Admin

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Dmounts wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:

I agree, but feel all great fighters have at least one more fight in them.... I just hope Troy can deliver one tonight.

Of course, I'd love to see him play like he has in the past during the playoff games.  My biggest concern is him giving up the big running plays because he is unable to wrap up and tackle the guys.  Or being 10 feet back from the receiver unable to cover him during passing plays.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down