Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A changing of the order

2 posters

Go down

A changing of the order Empty A changing of the order

Post by duck Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 am

Look around the league today. There were some eye-opening developments in the NFC.

For starters, our biggest nemesis, the New York Giants, just got punked badly by the Falcons. If the season were to end today they would NOT be in the playoffs. The Redskins and Cowboys leapfrogged over them and they need help to get a playoff spot.

Next, look who is presently holding the #6 seed. It's not the Bears anymore... it's the Vikings. Given the fact that the Packers presently occupy the #3 spot, they would host either of these two teams at Lambeau for the wild card game. I'm good with that.

We almost caught a break in New England tonight as the Niners almost produced one of the most shocking collapses in NFL history. However, it's even money that Seattle will beat them at home next week, giving the Packers a solid chance to move to the #2 seed.

Finally, what's up with Seattle? After we lost the Immaculate Deception game to them, I really wanted to see them in a rematch. Now, I don't know. They look like the proverbial "hot team" to me right now.

Things are starting to get interesting. I love this time of year in the NFL.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

A changing of the order Empty Re: A changing of the order

Post by milani Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Niners' -Pats contest was a 15 round heavy weight bout. One had to win. It is just amazing to see how good they both are. You compare that to most of the other games and the football is clearly at another level.

The Pats had not faced such a defense all season and they got busted in the mouth before they woke up and decided it was time to show the world who they are. The Niners thought this would be another get ahead and slow the game down and walk away and then the dike collapsed. But they were tough enough to get some help from special teams and a back up DE.

In the end the turnover battle went 4-2 in favor of SF and it followed the Ringo script.

I'd rather play any other opponent in the post season except these two.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm

milani wrote:Niners' -Pats contest was a 15 round heavy weight bout. One had to win. It is just amazing to see how good they both are. You compare that to most of the other games and the football is clearly at another level.

The Pats had not faced such a defense all season and they got busted in the mouth before they woke up and decided it was time to show the world who they are. The Niners thought this would be another get ahead and slow the game down and walk away and then the dike collapsed. But they were tough enough to get some help from special teams and a back up DE.

In the end the turnover battle went 4-2 in favor of SF and it followed the Ringo script.

I'd rather play any other opponent in the post season except these two.

That's just a very long-winded way of saying that Belichick made a decision that brought his prospects for completing the comeback and winning the game down to a single play when he didn't need to... They may still have lost--but his game-management decision ability failied him right when his team needed it most...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down