Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning from an Injury

3 posters

Go down

Returning from an Injury Empty Returning from an Injury

Post by milani Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:47 pm

It may not be the basis for statistical analysis but it seems like when players are injured the Packers are one of the teams that err extremely to the side of caution and keep players from returning literally until 100 % physically.

I see other teams doing just about everything to get a player back on the field as soon as they can stand and gut it out.

The Bears, Steelers,Vikings, and Giants are prime examples. This does not apply to concussions. Even Michael Vick has been thrown onto the field when by our standards he'd be out for sure.

Last year we know Jennings was hurt in the Raider game and there was no reason to put him on the field in the last game with everything sewn up. But when he did come back in January he was full of rust and played a sub par game. This must depend a lot on the medical staff of each team.

Since Favre was his own doctor that must explain being on the field every week and even throwing a TD 40 seconds after suffering a concussion.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Returning from an Injury Empty Re: Returning from an Injury

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Despite the last couple of years..........Favre is still a PACKER. Wore my jersey to the bars last month and received multiple positive comments about the #4. Two years ago people sneered at me in Titletown. Wonder what his Packers Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be like?
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:32 am

In many ways, Favre was absolutely amazing. Even though it wasn't always in the best interests of the Green Bay Packers, his capability and willingness... make that eagerness... to play through a plethora of serious injuries is unparalleled in NFL history. What, 17 years of consecutive starts (including playoffs)?? -- is simply absurd.

As we've discussed over and over, he's an asshole and his ego eventually turned off even his most loyal fans (including myself). With Rodgers at the helm I haven't missed Favre one iota... that is, until the Giants Sunday night game in which I wished for the old gunslinger who would just say, fuck it, and take his chances throwing into the teeth of that defense whether his receivers were completely open or not.

Favre had moxie and he had guts. And he was a charismatic leader with a fucking great arm.

Green Bay was lucky to have him for so many years, regardless of how ugly things turned out in the end.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down