Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home for the Holidays

Go down

Home for the Holidays Empty Home for the Holidays

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am

--- Pressure on Lovie Smith may be building. And that's hard to believe considering the Bears were just a 7-1 team. But after losing four of five games, Smith's seat very well could be heating up. Chicago has only made the postseason once in the past five years. An offense that added several weapons in the offseason has been inconsistent.

On Wednesday, Smith wouldn't speculate on his future. His contract with the Bears runs through the 2013 season.

"Why in the world would we be talking about a contract with Green Bay week here?" Smith said. "What I can talk about is I'm excited about playing the Packers again. We need to. They've had our number for a while. It's your division opponent, your rival, you need to beat them. All we're talking about is that. And for me or anybody else to talk about anything that's just related to that person, we don't do it that way."

Quarterback Jay Cutler wouldn't get into any specifics on his coach, either. He said the pressure goes beyond Smith.

“Everybody’s playing for their job at this point," Cutler said. "It’s not just Lovie. It’s myself. It’s the offensive line. It’s receivers. You get to this point in the season and you have to band together. We just have to figure out ways to win. That’s the most important thing, is just wins.”

Added Smith: "We've had moments where we had a six-game streak and lately we haven't played our best ball. But then you put all that aside and you just concentrate on what you have to do right now. There is a sense of urgency because, No. 1, we're playing a team where if we don't beat them, they win the division."

By now, you've probably seen or heard [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at Green Bay's defensive backs. He's calling Sunday the biggest game of his career, adding "it's personal."

Straight out of the Viqueens playbook... Welcome everyone to that time of the year... Yes, the Bears SuperBowl in finally here! Such a festive feel in the air, don't you think...and why--who can't appreciate that wonderful crackling sound of Lovie and Cuntler's chestnuts roasting over an open fire... Come on--sing it with me...Jack Frost nip-ping at your assssssss... Laughing

It'll be sad to see it go... What fond memories I've had--sitting in anticipation of the poor-man's Brent Favre readying to deliver his next magical gift with a bright-red bow to the Pack to assure that victory is always just beyond his team's reach...and who will ever forget that ever-present baffled look on Lovie's face--as Mucus drivels down his nostrels into his mouth and he pulls that condom-tight black hat ever tighter to make sure those tender ear-lobes are at least saved from the chill of the Cuntler nuclear winter he yet again finds himself experiencing...Mmmmmm...Although its been said--many times, many wayyyyyyyyys... How special it all feels. In fact, I think I'm going to just go ahead and bust into a nice fruit nut loaf, I'm so fucking overwhelmed... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Home for the Holidays Empty Re: Home for the Holidays

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:19 pm

That was so beautiful HD .......... it made me even prouder to be wearing my January 12, 1997 Packers NFC Championship sweatshirt that is - believe it or not - already almost 16 years old. As a celebration of your prose........I'll be wearing my 2010 NFC Championship Game Bears-Packers black t-shirt. Are we not Packers fans or what ? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

As Lambeau Field is quiet on Sunday......the fans will be everywhere watching in deep intense spirit. After all as we all know "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"

GO PACK GO !!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down