Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rule that costs the Steelers the game

Go down

The rule that costs the Steelers the game Empty The rule that costs the Steelers the game

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Dec 9, 5:01p[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Play-

The play in question occurred when Roethlisberger threw a pass into his own lineman and the loose ball was recovered by the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a touchdown.

The Rule-

1. The officials are taught to let the play go and fix it under review if necessary

2. If the play is not 100 % definitive under review, let the call on the field stand

The Problem-

If the refs are to lean on the side of caution and allow all ‘close’ plays to continue, the review should not have to be 100% to overturn, it should be whichever side is above 50% in evidence.

First of all, I thought the replay showed definitively the pass was forward, but that’s beside the point. The announcer stated the ball appears to be moving forward but the play has to be definitive to overrule the call on the field.

Does no one else see the problem here?

For example:

1. An official may be 60% sure the ball was moving forward but let the play continue so it can be reviewed.

2. The official then may have been 60% sure the ball was moving forward under review, but as he could not be 100% confident, he has no choice but to let the call on the field stand.

Why?

Because it is assumed the officials were unbiased when calling the play originally. However, it is clear; the refs are taught to be biased on the side of letting ‘close’ plays continue. Therefore the review should be whichever side the official is more confident the play resulted in.

This rule quite possibly cost the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the football game.

Back to top Go down

The rule that costs the Steelers the game Empty Re: The rule that costs the Steelers the game

Post by RLON39 Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm

It was a forward pass, clearly, but the Steelers screwed this game up. If you focus on this call and the non-interference call during Antonio's drop, the Steelers were still grossly outplayed.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The rule that costs the Steelers the game Empty Re: The rule that costs the Steelers the game

Post by RLON39 Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:18 pm

GROSSLY OUTPLAYED....AT HOME...AGAINST AN INFERIOR OPPONENT.....WITH ONE OF THE WORST HEAD COACHES IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL IN NORV. THE CHARGERS WERE EVEN MISSING MORE THAN HALF OF THEIR STARTING OFFENSIVE LINE!!!

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

RLON39 wrote:GROSSLY OUTPLAYED....AT HOME...AGAINST AN INFERIOR OPPONENT.....WITH ONE OF THE WORST HEAD COACHES IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL IN NORV. THE CHARGERS WERE EVEN MISSING MORE THAN HALF OF THEIR STARTING OFFENSIVE LINE!!!

I know. It sucks...I hate it as much as you.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm

This is the worst Steeler performance since opening day of 2011...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

It's funny that there is one person here who actually goes out of his way to negatively rate every single post I make...pathetic...lol.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

RLON39 wrote:It's funny that there is one person here who actually goes out of his way to negatively rate every single post I make...pathetic...lol.

What the hell happened to your rating? Gesh! Someone has been busy clicking you down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
RLON39 wrote:It's funny that there is one person here who actually goes out of his way to negatively rate every single post I make...pathetic...lol.

What the hell happened to your rating? Gesh! Someone has been busy clicking you down.

I've been working it back up. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I'll be happy to just break even...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down