Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years...

Go down

Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years... Empty Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

They're averaging 2.64 yards per carry. Now it appears that all running backs are conceding that Rashard Mendenhall will return to his starting role once he's ready to return. With this offensive line still yet to prove that they are physical enough to open up a hole, I'm doubting that anything will change with his return.

Back to top Go down

Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years... Empty Re: Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years...

Post by foghorn Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:They're averaging 2.64 yards per carry. Now it appears that all running backs are conceding that Rashard Mendenhall will return to his starting role once he's ready to return. With this offensive line still yet to prove that they are physical enough to open up a hole, I'm doubting that anything will change with his return.
I bet that there is some serious work going on with O-line this week and the start of next. They simply HAVE to get much better... or this teams season will go down the crapper quickly. It isn't that hard to defend a one dimensional offense. While neither Redman or Dwyer have shown much yet. I have my doubts as to how much Mendy can help. A running back HAS to have some room to work. So far, this line has given none. They aren't much better in pass blocking from past years, but Ben is getting the ball out quicker and using check downs and dumps offs to avoid sacks. If he were to work the deep pass.... I feel he'd be sacked more often as there is not enough bang from this o-line to allow him to look long very often.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years... Empty Re: Steelers' run game off to its worst start in 62-years...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm

foghorn wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:They're averaging 2.64 yards per carry. Now it appears that all running backs are conceding that Rashard Mendenhall will return to his starting role once he's ready to return. With this offensive line still yet to prove that they are physical enough to open up a hole, I'm doubting that anything will change with his return.
I bet that there is some serious work going on with O-line this week and the start of next. They simply HAVE to get much better... or this teams season will go down the crapper quickly. It isn't that hard to defend a one dimensional offense. While neither Redman or Dwyer have shown much yet. I have my doubts as to how much Mendy can help. A running back HAS to have some room to work. So far, this line has given none. They aren't much better in pass blocking from past years, but Ben is getting the ball out quicker and using check downs and dumps offs to avoid sacks. If he were to work the deep pass.... I feel he'd be sacked more often as there is not enough bang from this o-line to allow him to look long very often.

Once again, I find myself in agreement with you. Imagine that. scratch Surprised Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
foghorn wrote:

Once again, I find myself in agreement with you. Imagine that. scratch Surprised Smile
LOL... and to think I didn't blame it ALL on Tomlin! lol!
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm

TASK wrote:
foghorn wrote:
foghorn wrote:

YES .. ITS CALLED "SPIN" ... ITS WHAT YOU AND DIE DO WHEN FACED WITH THE FACTS .. YOU BOTH SPIN AND BULLSHIT YOUR WAY AROUND PLACING THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS , ON THE HEAD COACH WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MESS.

Task, you're stepping in it...deep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 pm

foghorn wrote:
foghorn wrote:

Amazing. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 pm

TOMLIN'S a GOD I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Dmounts wrote:TOMLIN'S a GOD I love you

He's just a man who happens to have sunrays that come down from God. Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am

HAHA...YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT TEH OFFENSIVE LINE...ITS TEH FUCKING BACKS..GET OVER IT..TEHY ARE DEADBEAT SCRUBS THAT SHOULD NOT BE STARTING OR USED A LOT ON ANY TEAM..TEHY ARE ABSOLUTE NOBODYS TAHT WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME MUCH LESS HAVE AN NFL CAREER OUTSIDE OF THSI JOKE OF A RUN GAME TAHTS BEING TOLERATED...AND MENDENHALL IS A PILE OF KRAP AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND HE CHANGES NOTHING WHEN HE COMES BACK..HES AS BAD AS THEY ARE..TEHY ALL NEED TO GO...AND A REAL FRANCHISE BACK NEEDS BARAGINED FOR AND TEH RUN GAME WILL INSTANTLY RETURN..AND WITH THIS LINE...IT AINT TEH LINE...ITS TEH BACKS...SICK OF HEARING TEH LIES TO AVOID ADMITTING WHAT YOU INEVITABLLY WILL HAVE TO ADMIT...TAHT MIKE TOMLIN SUCKS AND IS RUINING THSI TEAM...AND IS UTTERLY CLUELESS ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT...HIS GRAVY DAYS WHERE ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS WATCH AND NOT COACH ARE OVER...HES PUT ENOUGH OF A DENT IN THSI TEAM WITH HIS INEXPERIENCE NOW TAHT HE CANT FIX IT....IF I WAS BEN ID COME OUT IN TEH MEDIA AND DEMAND A TRADE IF TOMLIN ISNT LET GO..HE SIMPLY HAS TO KNOW HE HAS NO CHANCE NOR DOES HIS CAREER WORKING UNDER THSI GUY...HE HAS TO KNOW IT....HE SIMPLY HAS TO KNOW THIS....HE CANNOT BELIEVE IN WHAT TEHY ARE DOING

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm

DaRKMuMMySauRuS wrote:HAHA...YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT TEH OFFENSIVE LINE...ITS TEH FUCKING BACKS..GET OVER IT..TEHY ARE DEADBEAT SCRUBS THAT SHOULD NOT BE STARTING OR USED A LOT ON ANY TEAM..TEHY ARE ABSOLUTE NOBODYS TAHT WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME MUCH LESS HAVE AN NFL CAREER OUTSIDE OF THSI JOKE OF A RUN GAME TAHTS BEING TOLERATED...AND MENDENHALL IS A PILE OF KRAP AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND HE CHANGES NOTHING WHEN HE COMES BACK..HES AS BAD AS THEY ARE..TEHY ALL NEED TO GO...AND A REAL FRANCHISE BACK NEEDS BARAGINED FOR AND TEH RUN GAME WILL INSTANTLY RETURN..AND WITH THIS LINE...IT AINT TEH LINE...ITS TEH BACKS...SICK OF HEARING TEH LIES TO AVOID ADMITTING WHAT YOU INEVITABLLY WILL HAVE TO ADMIT...TAHT MIKE TOMLIN SUCKS AND IS RUINING THSI TEAM...AND IS UTTERLY CLUELESS ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT...HIS GRAVY DAYS WHERE ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS WATCH AND NOT COACH ARE OVER...HES PUT ENOUGH OF A DENT IN THSI TEAM WITH HIS INEXPERIENCE NOW TAHT HE CANT FIX IT....IF I WAS BEN ID COME OUT IN TEH MEDIA AND DEMAND A TRADE IF TOMLIN ISNT LET GO..HE SIMPLY HAS TO KNOW HE HAS NO CHANCE NOR DOES HIS CAREER WORKING UNDER THSI GUY...HE HAS TO KNOW IT....HE SIMPLY HAS TO KNOW THIS....HE CANNOT BELIEVE IN WHAT TEHY ARE DOING

As long as one or two defenders are getting into the backfield before the running back hits the line of scrimmage, it won't matter who is running it. I wonder if you ever watched football. By the way, there's nothing wrong with Mike Tomlin other than he needs to take a more active role, which I believe that he will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm

TASK wrote:
DaRKMuMMySauRuS wrote:HAHA...YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT TEH OFFENSIVE LINE...ITS TEH FUCKING BACKS..GET OVER IT..TEHY ARE DEADBEAT SCRUBS THAT SHOULD NOT BE STARTING OR USED A LOT ON ANY TEAM..TEHY ARE ABSOLUTE NOBODYS TAHT WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME MUCH LESS HAVE AN NFL CAREER OUTSIDE OF THSI JOKE OF A RUN GAME TAHTS BEING TOLERATED...AND MENDENHALL IS A PILE OF KRAP AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND HE CHANGES NOTHING WHEN HE COMES BACK..HES AS BAD AS THEY ARE..TEHY ALL NEED TO GO...AND A REAL FRANCHISE BACK NEEDS BARAGINED FOR AND TEH RUN GAME WILL INSTANTLY RETURN..AND WITH THIS LINE...IT AINT TEH LINE...ITS TEH BACKS...SICK OF HEARING TEH LIES TO AVOID ADMITTING WHAT YOU INEVITABLLY WILL HAVE TO ADMIT...TAHT MIKE TOMLIN SUCKS AND IS RUINING THSI TEAM...AND IS UTTERLY CLUELESS ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT...HIS GRAVY DAYS WHERE ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS WATCH AND NOT COACH ARE OVER...HES PUT ENOUGH OF A DENT IN THSI TEAM WITH HIS INEXPERIENCE NOW TAHT HE CANT FIX IT....IF I WAS BEN ID COME OUT IN TEH MEDIA AND DEMAND A TRADE IF TOMLIN ISNT LET GO..HE SIMPLY HAS TO KNOW HE HAS NO CHANCE NOR DOES HIS CAREER WORKING UNDER THSI GUY...HE HAS TO KNOW IT....HE SIMPLY HAS TO KNOW THIS....HE CANNOT BELIEVE IN WHAT TEHY ARE DOING

AGREE 1000% WITH MUMMY ... DIE IS SO DESPERATE TO DEFEND TOMLIN, THAT HE WILL BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH FOR THE LOSSES .

DIE HAS LOST THIS DEBATE... IT WAS OVER BEFORE IT STARTED, AND IT BURNS DIES ASS .. HE KNOWS TOMLIN IS INCOMPETENT, BUT DIES OWN BLACK SKIN PREVENTS HIM FROM BEING HONEST ABOUT TOMLIN ... WE CAUGHT DIE LYING IN THE PAST , WHY ARE WE EVEN HAVING THIS SAME DEBATE WITH HIM ?? DIE IS NOT WORTHY OF ANY RESPONSES FROM MUMMY OR TASK.

Okay Sybil.Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:45 pm

TASK wrote:
foghorn wrote:

THIS WEEK ?? THIS WEEK ??? DECIDE TO WORK WITH THE O-LINE THIS WEEK ??? LMAO

SO BJE, DIE AND TOMLIN HAVE AFTER 6 YEARS OF INCOMPETENCE FROM OUR HEADCOACH , FINALLY DECIDED THAT "THIS WEEK" MAYBE THEY BETTER START WORKING ON THE PROBLEMS WITH THE O-LINE ??

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE'VE BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT FOR TOMLIN TO DO FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS ???

FACE IT ... TOMLIN HAS NOT GOTTEN THE JOB DONE , AND THIS TEAM IS GETTING PROGERSSIVELY WORSE UNDER HIS WATCH.
Are you really as dumb in real life as you ACT here? Tomlin HAS adressed the o-line. He drafted Pouncey, Gilbert, Decastro and Adams. That's an entire starting Line..... But I guess you think they're all bums because they aren't Cowher players. The more you post this inane crap here... the more animosity you will occur here. This isn't the AOL board and you spamming the hell out of it saying the same thing post after post WILL get you booted. I Strongly stood up for you when you can back this time. I suggested to Todd that NO-ONE be banned IF they could act like an adult. Your action since the game, suggests you WANT to act immature and argumentative. This reply of mine is where I argue against your opinion WITHOUT calling you names... you should try it... Just because we DO NOT share an opinion does not make either one of us deficient.... just different. PS: my name is NOT BJE.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down