Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Plan against the Ravens

3 posters

Go down

Game Plan against the Ravens Empty Game Plan against the Ravens

Post by RLON39 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 am

I would propose a different game plan against the Ravens, on both offense and defense.

On offense, the time of 'passing to set up the run' should be over for now, without an elite QB, reverting back to the old school approach (think Raiders and Steelers of the 70s, running the ball with a vertical passing game). The Steelers have three healthy, decent sized backs to pound at a Ravens' defense that has been surprisingly weak against the run. Obviously, the intermediate game should feature a lot of Heath Miller, for third down conversion purposes, who the Ravens will struggle to cover. Perhaps most importantly, and given Lefty's arm strength, coupled with the fact that the Ravens are now without both of their starting corners, I would like to see at least a half a dozen shots down the field, off play action passes. Run run run, Heath for a first down, shots down the field to Wallace to soften up the defense. That's how we'll win this game.

On defense, stopping Ray Rice is the priority. I think LeBeau should spy him with his best 'healthy' athlete, Lawrence Timmons. He should go everywhere that Rice goes. Let Flacco and Anquan Boldin beat you, as both will make intermediate plays but are average at this point. Safety help up top is key, though, with Torey Smith and Jacoby Jones somewhat one trick ponies...the Steelers can't allow the big play, and those receivers are both vertical threats. Get Flacco into 3rd and long situations and force him to throw it to his outside receivers to covert, which will lead to problems for him on another team's field.

Turnovers and special teams - I really think the Steelers are poised to make some huge special teams plays, and, as turnovers go, so will go this game.

Most importantly - If the Ravens have the ball and can win with a TD at the end of the game, cover the deep pass. If the defense lets a play up behind them to win a game again, Dick should be fired...just my opinion.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Game Plan against the Ravens Empty Re: Game Plan against the Ravens

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

RLON39 wrote:I would propose a different game plan against the Ravens, on both offense and defense.

On offense, the time of 'passing to set up the run' should be over for now, without an elite QB, reverting back to the old school approach (think Raiders and Steelers of the 70s, running the ball with a vertical passing game). The Steelers have three healthy, decent sized backs to pound at a Ravens' defense that has been surprisingly weak against the run. Obviously, the intermediate game should feature a lot of Heath Miller, for third down conversion purposes, who the Ravens will struggle to cover. Perhaps most importantly, and given Lefty's arm strength, coupled with the fact that the Ravens are now without both of their starting corners, I would like to see at least a half a dozen shots down the field, off play action passes. Run run run, Heath for a first down, shots down the field to Wallace to soften up the defense. That's how we'll win this game.

On defense, stopping Ray Rice is the priority. I think LeBeau should spy him with his best 'healthy' athlete, Lawrence Timmons. He should go everywhere that Rice goes. Let Flacco and Anquan Boldin beat you, as both will make intermediate plays but are average at this point. Safety help up top is key, though, with Torey Smith and Jacoby Jones somewhat one trick ponies...the Steelers can't allow the big play, and those receivers are both vertical threats. Get Flacco into 3rd and long situations and force him to throw it to his outside receivers to covert, which will lead to problems for him on another team's field.

Turnovers and special teams - I really think the Steelers are poised to make some huge special teams plays, and, as turnovers go, so will go this game.

Most importantly - If the Ravens have the ball and can win with a TD at the end of the game, cover the deep pass. If the defense lets a play up behind them to win a game again, Dick should be fired...just my opinion.
Without worthlessburger they better hope they can run the ball against Balitiwhore, otherwise I see Baltiwhore picking off 3 passes and running back one for a td with the Ravens winning it 27-13. lol! cherry
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm

RLON39 wrote:I would propose a different game plan against the Ravens, on both offense and defense.

Leftwich has no choice but to use the running game to set up the pass. With his long approach to pass, they'll sack his ass all day if he gets into a passing binge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:28 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:

Leftwich has no choice but to use the running game to set up the pass. With his long approach to pass, they'll sack his ass all day if he gets into a passing binge.
I'm big on the psychological aspect of the game. You know dam well, when Ben went down and the news came out.... the Ravens breathed a sigh of relief. I don't think they will give Pitts the respect the would have if Ben were playing... this could bode well for us. They are ripe for an upset.... which is what it would be if a Steer team playing with a bunch of backups in key positions, pulls off a win.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Admin wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:

I'm big on the psychological aspect of the game. You know dam well, when Ben went down and the news came out.... the Ravens breathed a sigh of relief. I don't think they will give Pitts the respect the would have if Ben were playing... this could bode well for us. They are ripe for an upset.... which is what it would be if a Steer team playing with a bunch of backups in key positions, pulls off a win.
I'm not so sure of that bud ( Ravens not giving the respect because of Ben bein down) the understand that this game is filled with pro's and on any given Sunday anyone is capable of beating anyone else, in fact if anything I think the Ravens will prepare just as hard if not harder then if big Ben wasnt there because they will have to come up with a entire different gameplan, this is a rival game and those are the games you must be 110% ready for no mater who is and is not going to play.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down