Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No trick plays on special teams

4 posters

Go down

No trick plays on special teams Empty No trick plays on special teams

Post by duck Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 am

I think MM learned his lesson last week. I can understand how he was emboldened time after time, as all of this previous special teams gambles paid off. However, coaches by nature are notoriously conservative and once he had a risky gamble blow up in his face, it shamed him back to the conventional mode.

No trip to the convenience store to by lottery tickets for MM for a while is my bet.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

No trick plays on special teams Empty Re: No trick plays on special teams

Post by JnC4GB Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

duck wrote:I think MM learned his lesson last week. I can understand how he was emboldened time after time, as all of this previous special teams gambles paid off. However, coaches by nature are notoriously conservative and once he had a risky gamble blow up in his face, it shamed him back to the conventional mode.

No trip to the convenience store to by lottery tickets for MM for a while is my bet.

There was a 4th & 1 around midfield early 4th quarter where I was sure they were going to try to pull something. Did anybody have a similar feeling?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Did anybody have a similar feeling?

Certainly. The Cards were playing for a Peterson return and there was enough room in the middle to push just one Cardinal out of the way and it would be an easy first down. I guess with the somewhat anemic Cardinal offense he figured they could not put it in the end zone.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Did anybody have a similar feeling?

Yeah, probably every coach in the league.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 am

The tone of the game was there was no way we would need a trick play. Cards QB Strecker had no running game. And the Cards defense that was supposed to be so great was actually neutralized by the Packers defense. Seeing Daniels and Neal actually make plays and make BJ and Pickett somewhat invisible was awesome. After Clay went out it really didn't matter either. Like Milani said.........Crosby actually hit his extra points and we did manage a FG later on.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down