Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special teams

2 posters

Go down

Special teams Empty Special teams

Post by duck Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Okay, stand up and be counted... how many of us were calling for Slocum's head the last couple of seasons? I know I was. Well, whaddaya know... we actually now have one of the better ST units in the league, even with our unreliable FG kicker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Special teams Empty Re: Special teams

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Great while it's working. I only hope they don't abandon it after the first time it backfires. It seems to motivate the team when it works. What ever happened to the coffin corner punts ? I hate to see punts go into the endzones.

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 am

not many have gone into the endzone and the coffin corner is judged by a ref looking into the sky trying to spot a football the size of a bird,how close do the refs really get to the actual flight of the ball going out of bounds?

I have seen coffin corner kicks where the side judge runs 20 yards towards the punter and spot the ball,must not be popular with punters or many would do it.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 am

coffin corner is judged by a ref looking into the sky trying to spot a football the size of a bird,how close do the refs really get to the actual flight of the ball going out of bounds?

I thought a coffin corner punt was when the ball landed near the sidelines in bounds between the goal line and the ten yard line and rolled out of bounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down