Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess that it was bound to happen

+2
MB20
ffaralli
6 posters

Go down

Guess that it was bound to happen Empty Guess that it was bound to happen

Post by ffaralli Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:19 am

OK, it was bound to happen.

Rodgers goes down, not surprised.

Seneca Wallace sucks not surprised.

But once again, does this D ever help the O out? A nine minute drive to literally close the game. 

Josh Mc Kown is a bum. They made him look like Tom Brady last night.

They were piss poor vs the Bears....no pass rush and the tacking in the secondary was atrocious,

Shields sucks can't tackle worth a damn, Hayward wasn't much better either.

Do we have any outside LBs on the field anymore? Malumba and Palmer did nothing, Forte consistently bounced outside for gains.

If there ever was a time for the D to step up, it was last night.

The injuries to the whole team are killing us. Some of these guys playing are one step above practice squad players.

Kudos to Lacy...but MM has to use Starks more, he's going to wear out Lacy.

IF AR is out for an extended period of time, I wonder if they might pick up Matt Flynn. Got to be better than Wallace.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Guess that it was bound to happen Empty Re: Guess that it was bound to happen

Post by MB20 Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 am

To be fair, I don't think you can pin this on Capers. His OLBs were two ROOKIE 7th round picks. He can't make tackles for Shields, Hayward, Hawk, etc. He can't make Tramon Williams turn into what he was in 2010. Guys had chances to make plays and didn't. That tells me that Capers did what he could with what he had. And everyone here knows I'm the first one to take a dump on the guy.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 am

MB20 wrote:To be fair, I don't think you can pin this on Capers. His OLBs were two ROOKIE 7th round picks. He can't make tackles for Shields, Hayward, Hawk, etc. He can't make Tramon Williams turn into what he was in 2010. Guys had chances to make plays and didn't. That tells me that Capers did what he could with what he had. And everyone here knows I'm the first one to take a dump on the guy.
I sure would've liked to see him call some man-to-man instead of the conservative, bend-don't-break zone. Yeah, the 1-on-1 match ups were bad for us, but at least one of our undersized DBs might've had a chance for a pick that way. They had zero chance playing zone. And just one takeaway really could've made the difference last night.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:31 am

this defense as it is now is not good,we as HD states in his arguments with duck have had the luxury the last few games to have played teams with backup qbs,sure mcnown is a backup but he has been playing for years and has time in the bears playbook and also had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.

He has big 6"5 recievers and matt forte coming out for screens and with newbie linebackers we have with no pass rush moves or cover skills as these kids didn't know weather to rush or cover the pass as the bears had us on our heels all night.Our defense always gives up the easy drives in the 4th quarter to let teams back in by playing bend don't break zone and last night throughout the whole game we played as if it was the 4th quarter.

Chip Kelly is licking his chops as I type and our defense may never get off the field.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 am

ffaralli wrote:OK, it was bound to happen.

But once again, does this D ever help the O out? A nine minute drive to literally close the game. 

They were piss poor vs the Bears....no pass rush and the tacking in the secondary was atrocious,

Do we have any outside LBs on the field anymore? Malumba and Palmer did nothing, Forte consistently bounced outside for gains.

The injuries to the whole team are killing us. Some of these guys playing are one step above practice squad players.

IF AR is out for an extended period of time, I wonder if they might pick up Matt Flynn. Got to be better than Wallace.

FF
Our D was atrocious and even though MB pointed out our guys simply didn't make plays, I still have issues with Capers.  Too many times his units have disappeared in big games, especially the playoffs.  What bothers me most is his inflexibility.  It was obvious his defensive scheme wasn't working against the Bears but did he make any changes?  Not that I saw.  McCown had all day to throw but did Capers add another blitzer?  Nope.  Subtract one and slip another man into coverage?  Nope.  He just stuck with the same formula that wasn't working.

In contrast, even though it's not really a fair analogy, McCarthy made radical changes after Rodgers went down.  He focussed on the run and only gave Wallace short passes. And of course the onsides kick was a response to the fact that his team needed an additional spark.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:56 pm

duck wrote:

FF
Our D was atrocious and even though MB pointed out our guys simply didn't make plays, I still have issues with Capers.  Too many times his units have disappeared in big games, especially the playoffs.  What bothers me most is his inflexibility.  It was obvious his defensive scheme wasn't working against the Bears but did he make any changes?  Not that I saw.  McCown had all day to throw but did Capers add another blitzer?  Nope.  Subtract one and slip another man into coverage?  Nope.  He just stuck with the same formula that wasn't working.

In contrast, even though it's not really a fair analogy, McCarthy made radical changes after Rodgers went down.  He focussed on the run and only gave Wallace short passes. And of course the onsides kick was a response to the fact that his team needed an additional spark.
There wasn't any adjustment made to the repeated failures on the right side of the line--but then that brings us full circle...  When you are satisfied to enter a season with Don Barkley as your starting RT and Marshall Newhouse is your only other answer--then you get the answer you deserve, eh?...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:28 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

FF

There wasn't any adjustment made to the repeated failures on the right side of the line--but then that brings us full circle...  When you are satisfied to enter a season with Don Barkley as your starting RT and Marshall Newhouse is your only other answer--then you get the answer you deserve, eh?...

Jesus, HD.  Once again you fail to grasp the big picture.  It's not like TT "was satisfied" to enter the season with Barclay (check your spelling) and Newhouse... he really didn't have many options.  The plan of course was to put Bulaga on the left but he went down.  Tough break.  Sherrod is still out and may be out forever.  Drafting Baktiari was a brilliant move... an absolute steal... and he's done a fine job so far.  

It's not like the Packers (or any other team) have unlimited funds to spend on their offensive line.  TT got about as much bang for the buck as he could have and, despite your unsubstantiated claims otherwise, the line has overall performed very well this season.  Way above most people's expectations.  I'm surprised that, as someone who understands the salary cap, you project unrealistic expectations on TT.

And the line "flip" that McCarthy made before the season turned out to be a big success.

Look around the league and get some perspective.  Our line is playing well.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:52 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

FF

Jesus, HD.  Once again you fail to grasp the big picture.  It's not like TT "was satisfied" to enter the season with Barclay (check your spelling) and Newhouse... he really didn't have many options.  The plan of course was to put Bulaga on the left but he went down.  Tough break.  Sherrod is still out and may be out forever.  Drafting Baktiari was a brilliant move... an absolute steal... and he's done a fine job so far.  

It's not like the Packers (or any other team) have unlimited funds to spend on their offensive line.  TT got about as much bang for the buck as he could have and, despite your unsubstantiated claims otherwise, the line has overall performed very well this season.  Way above most people's expectations.  I'm surprised that, as someone who understands the salary cap, you project unrealistic expectations on TT.

And the line "flip" that McCarthy made before the season turned out to be a big success.

Laughing  Right.  I get it, Duck.  The line is fantastic and was great in that game with the Bears...  It was all Wallace's fault that Peppers and McClellen were breaking through to tee off on him practically at will each time he dropped back and it will all be Wallace's fault as it continues happening.  You've already set up your defense to reality in continuing to humor us...and humor us you will--for Barclay won't magically get better and will continue to be exploited by even decent LDE's.  Keep up the protestations, my friend.  I think it's working.  You're apparently buying in...and I'm enjoying it...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:16 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

FF

Laughing  Right.  I get it, Duck.  The line is fantastic and was great in that game with the Bears...  It was all Wallace's fault that Peppers and McClellen were breaking through to tee off on him practically at will each time he dropped back and it will all be Wallace's fault as it continues happening.  You've already set up your defense to reality in continuing to humor us...and humor us you will--for Barclay won't magically get better and will continue to be exploited by even decent LDE's.  Keep up the protestations, my friend.  I think it's working.  You're apparently buying in...and I'm enjoying it...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL.  This is the second time you claim I said the O-line played great against the Bears.  I never said that.  I said they've done a great job overall this season.  Big difference.  Here is my exact quote about the Bears game:  "I'm not saying this was our offensive line's finest game, but let's be realistic, WTF can you do with Seneca Wallace back there."

And yet you've never even attempted to explain to me how the Packers could achieve top 5 ratings in 3 offensive categories without solid line play.

How can I have a rational debate with someone who misrepresents my statements and continues to dodge a direct question central to my argument???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:55 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

FF

LOL.  This is the second time you claim I said the O-line played great against the Bears.  I never said that.  I said they've done a great job overall this season.  Big difference.  Here is my exact quote about the Bears game:  "I'm not saying this was our offensive line's finest game, but let's be realistic, WTF can you do with Seneca Wallace back there."

And yet you've never even attempted to explain to me how the Packers could achieve top 5 ratings in 3 offensive categories without solid line play.

How can I have a rational debate with someone who misrepresents my statements and continues to dodge a direct question central to my argument???

*Don't rag on our line after Rodgers went down.  They were not the problem.*
*If you want to rag on our O-Line and do the Fuck Fatty dance with HD, enjoy yourself.  I know a few good polka bands you could hire.*
*Hard stats tell me our offensive line is playing well.  What I've seen with my own eyes tell me our offensive line is playing well.*
 *You think our offensive line killed us today??  I beg to differ.*

*Every week in every game you see QBs ground into the turf, often in ugly situations.  I don't want to bring this up (because it wasn't the case on this particular play) but many of Rodgers' sacks are because he holds on to the ball too long.*
*Yes, Barclay did a poor job on this play, but you can't use one single play to indict an overall fine effort for two months by this group.  You're obsessing on one data point while ignoring thousands of others.*
*Big picture, HD.  Big picture.  This is not about a couple of plays or even one game.  This is about the overall play of our offensive line in 2013.*
*But, once again, you weasel out of the central point... we're talking about the overall performance of the line in 2013.  Not in a game in which the other team had two weeks to prepare and our QB goes down on the first series.*
This is the second time you claim I said the O-line played great against the Bears.  I never said that.  I said they've done a great job overall this season.  Big difference.

Stop it, Duck...  I'm just sitting down to a late lunch and you're starting to bore me with this weak shit.  Chowder, anyone?  Duck's got plenty...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Stop it, Duck...  I'm just sitting down to a late lunch and you're starting to bore me with this weak shit.  Chowder, anyone?  Duck's got plenty...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah... I hear it got a 6.8-7.4 rating at Tinucchi's!  Very Happy 
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:21 pm

In fairness to MM he did pretty much what he could after Rodgers went out. Our mistake was organizational...wasting time with Harrell and Coleman in the preseason and not truly getting Wallace prepared for this situation. We could have had a better back up last June instead of September.
Blocked punt; onside kick recovery. My only regret was that MM did try to throw as much with Wallace. Why did he fail to put Lacy in when Jones took it down to the 6? I'd have let Lacy pound for 3 downs and if he did not get in then go with the FG. Wallace almost threw a pick 6. The Vikings don't take AP out inside the 10 yard line.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

milani wrote:In fairness to MM he did pretty much what he could after Rodgers went out. Our mistake was organizational...wasting time with Harrell and Coleman in the preseason and not truly getting Wallace prepared for this situation. We could have had a better back up last June instead of September.
Blocked punt; onside kick recovery. My only regret was that MM did try to throw as much with Wallace. Why did he fail to put Lacy in when Jones took it down to the 6? I'd have let Lacy pound for 3 downs and if he did not get in then go with the FG. Wallace almost threw a pick 6. The Vikings don't take AP out inside the 10 yard line.
Good points, Milani.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down