Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates

2 posters

Go down

I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates Empty I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates

Post by RLON39 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 am

I thought Cordy Glenn was going to be a big, lumbering, and pile driving lineman....a pure RG or RT. I thought he was more of the same of the recent Steeler type guard that doesn't get it done mentally or athletically. At his size, however, his athleticism is amazing. Not only could he fill the void at LG, he may even be left tackle capable when you look at his footwork. Right now, I'm thinking NT Poe or OG Glenn at 1-24, whereas before I thought that, since Decastro would be long gone, there would be no OG worthy of taking at 1-24. Glenn is a monster, and he would add much flexibility to the OL, while clearly athletic enough to play LG and, perhaps, powerful enough to handle the likes of Ngata and Cody when we play the Ravens.

Other draft thoughts:

At WR, Stephen Hill ran a 4.3 forty and was incredibly smooth in the gauntlet, at 6-4 215 lbs. Al Davis will probably find a way to overdraft him, but now, added onto Blackmon and Floyd, at least 3 WRs will be drafted before the Steelers pick, which is a good thing. Hopefully, even more WRs will be taken early.

David Decastro - This is the best LG prospect in a while. His technique is flawless. Mayock commmented that there 'is a reason why the coaches at the combine used him as the standard to show players how to do each drill', so to speak.

Sleeper Guard - Anyone get the name of the small school and/or sleeper OG that Mayock commented about his butt and lower body being huge!?!? I had it and forgot. I'll try to remember or find the name. Dude looks lke a great RG prospect, who can possibly be had in the 5th or later. I'll get the name again...

Can't wait - To see NT Poe work out. I'm starting to think that Glenn and Poe will be the two BPAs at 1-24. Unless the top ILB prospect (Kuechly) falls to 1-24, I don't know that the Steelers go that route.

Ryan Kalil - Oh boy, this guy is incredibly smooth. In the scenario that Colbert rubbed a magic lamp and a genie popped out, and if QB Luck, LT Kalil, and LG Decastro were not the 3 wishes, Kevin would need a mercy killing.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates Empty Re: I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:59 am

RLON39 wrote:I thought Cordy Glenn was going to be a big, lumbering, and pile driving lineman....a pure RG or RT. I thought he was more of the same of the recent Steeler type guard that doesn't get it done mentally or athletically. At his size, however, his athleticism is amazing. Not only could he fill the void at LG, he may even be left tackle capable when you look at his footwork. Right now, I'm thinking NT Poe or OG Glenn at 1-24, whereas before I thought that, since Decastro would be long gone, there would be no OG worthy of taking at 1-24. Glenn is a monster, and he would add much flexibility to the OL, while clearly athletic enough to play LG and, perhaps, powerful enough to handle the likes of Ngata and Cody when we play the Ravens.

Other draft thoughts:

At WR, Stephen Hill ran a 4.3 forty and was incredibly smooth in the gauntlet, at 6-4 215 lbs. Al Davis will probably find a way to overdraft him, but now, added onto Blackmon and Floyd, at least 3 WRs will be drafted before the Steelers pick, which is a good thing. Hopefully, even more WRs will be taken early.

David Decastro - This is the best LG prospect in a while. His technique is flawless. Mayock commmented that there 'is a reason why the coaches at the combine used him as the standard to show players how to do each drill', so to speak.

Sleeper Guard - Anyone get the name of the small school and/or sleeper OG that Mayock commented about his butt and lower body being huge!?!? I had it and forgot. I'll try to remember or find the name. Dude looks lke a great RG prospect, who can possibly be had in the 5th or later. I'll get the name again...

Can't wait - To see NT Poe work out. I'm starting to think that Glenn and Poe will be the two BPAs at 1-24. Unless the top ILB prospect (Kuechly) falls to 1-24, I don't know that the Steelers go that route.

Ryan Kalil - Oh boy, this guy is incredibly smooth. In the scenario that Colbert rubbed a magic lamp and a genie popped out, and if QB Luck, LT Kalil, and LG Decastro were not the 3 wishes, Kevin would need a mercy killing.

Can you please not make mistakes like this again. If you do I may have to start the impeachment process against you!

Back to top Go down

I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates Empty AL DAVIS AND THE DRAFT

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:25 pm

RLON39 wrote:I thought Cordy Glenn was going to be a big, lumbering, and pile driving lineman....a pure RG or RT. I thought he was more of the same of the recent Steeler type guard that doesn't get it done mentally or athletically. At his size, however, his athleticism is amazing. Not only could he fill the void at LG, he may even be left tackle capable when you look at his footwork. Right now, I'm thinking NT Poe or OG Glenn at 1-24, whereas before I thought that, since Decastro would be long gone, there would be no OG worthy of taking at 1-24. Glenn is a monster, and he would add much flexibility to the OL, while clearly athletic enough to play LG and, perhaps, powerful enough to handle the likes of Ngata and Cody when we play the Ravens.

Other draft thoughts:

RLON, If Al Davis does drft him, even in round 7 it will be a first, that would make headlines even more so then taking him with the very first pick in the 2012 draft.confused
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates Empty Re: I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:47 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:

Other draft thoughts:

RLON, If Al Davis does drft him, even in round 7 it will be a first, that would make headlines even more so then taking him with the very first pick in the 2012 draft.confused

Wyckedfoot may not be so useless after all. I never see him talking about Bob and he does contribute football talk on here. I think I am going to call a truce with wyckedfoot.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:38 pm

RLON, If Al Davis does drft him, even in round 7 it will be a first, that would make headlines even more so then taking him with the very first pick in the 2012 draft.confused^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Al Davis' spirit will communicate to the organization to draft a 6'4" receiver who looks better in the combine than he does in actual games. Don't underestimate his ongoing influence...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

I was wrong on Glenn / combine updates Empty AL DAVIS

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 pm

RLON39 wrote:RLON, If Al Davis does drft him, even in round 7 it will be a first, that would make headlines even more so then taking him with the very first pick in the 2012 draft.confused^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Al Davis' spirit will communicate to the organization to draft a 6'4" receiver who looks better in the combine than he does in actual games. Don't underestimate his ongoing influence...
Who knows, they are still paying for drafting Darious Hayward Bey from Maryland, will know more after the combines and the individual workouts are done.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm

CanIPiggyback2 wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

Other draft thoughts:

Wyckedfoot may not be so useless after all. I never see him talking about Bob and he does contribute football talk on here. I think I am going to call a truce with wyckedfoot.

still waiting on your first football related post.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Kinzer can't talk football at an intelligent level, which is why he pulls the nonsense he does over and over. He is so quick to rip people for attempting to talk football because he is so jealous.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Other draft thoughts:

GOOD POST !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down