Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Day Of Combine/Updated Board

2 posters

Go down

Last Day Of Combine/Updated Board Empty Last Day Of Combine/Updated Board

Post by RLON39 Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 am

With the DBs scheduled to work out, draft board updated subsequent to wat5ching the DL and LB workouts. Te'o is now only a consideration in round two, running slow despite losing weight and looking rather ordinary in drills. Ansah ran about as fast as the top 3-4 OLB prospects, so he is added back to the draft board. There are a ton of rumors that the Steelers are very big on Ansah. I have a feeling that this is because they would like to trade down to a team that really wants him. This is a trade down draft, largely, but it won't be easy to trade down. Updated Steeler baord for 1-17:

I just watched the Manti Te'o press conference, so I'm updating my 1-17 Steeler draft board because he handled it so well:

Jarvis Jones OLB (looks like Lawrence Taylor, but not a workout
warrior, which, when combined with the medical flag, could work to our
advantage)

2. Cordella Patterson WR (perfect runner after the catch, exceptional return ability)

3. Jonathan Cooper OG (perfect LG for zone blocking scheme, athletic and strong)

4. Lane Johnson OT (high ceiling, Joe Staley type, will be the third legit LT off the board)

5. Ziggy Ansah DE/OLB (Replaces Te'o due to the upside rather than the clear fit)

6. Kenny Vaccaro SS/FS (possible trade down option, but only if a couple spots, as he is very well rounded)

The odds on favorite is still Cooper, but it will be interesting if OLB Jones falls.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Last Day Of Combine/Updated Board Empty Re: Last Day Of Combine/Updated Board

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:28 am

If Jarvis Jones is healthy ( BIG IF) no way he falls to us. He is a huge risk
Dallas media says Cowboys seem interested in Cooper too. Guy was a beast at UNC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 pm

We all need to keep in mind that with the heart condition found in Star that that will effectively remove another top talent from the list assuming that Star's NFL career is over before it begins.....it's a shame and I feel badly for the kid let alone that there will be one less player to chose from when the Steelers are up. I don't see much chance that the heart condition can be overlooked. But he sure was a heck of a talent!
C. J.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down