Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Free Agents

Go down

Possible Free Agents Empty Possible Free Agents

Post by RLON39 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:32 am

Here is a list of semi-realistic Free Agent pursuits, dependant on how the Wallace situation and inpending cuts/restructures pan out...the following would be good FA options for the Steelers, options which should not break the bank, so to speak:

WR - Jehrico Cotchery - People say that he is as good as gone, but he wants to be a Steeler, and depending on the health/development of E. Sanders, he could be the third option for the team. His veteran presence is sorely needed, as he has much more to offer on the field than Hines ward at this point.

WR/RS Tedd Ginn - Having a fifth WR that can run like the wind and be a special teams demon would be nice. Antonio Brown is now too valuable to use on returns, and the fact that they are talking about using the ever fragile Mannny Sanders as a returner kind of scares me for him, especially thinking about kickoffs.

My hope for the WR corps: Brown, Wallace, Cotchery, Sanders, Ginn

QB Byron Leftwich - I think you have to keep this guy around, as he shouldn't be expensive and should be fully healthy. The third QB should come through the draft...just my opinion, as batch could always be coaxed out of retirement if need be. I for one am happy that Dixon will be gone. He'll never be anything in this league.

QB Jason Campbell - I just think he'd be a really good fit...and very affordable, as an alternative to Leftwich.

QB Kyle Orton - I have always liked this guy, and he's shown flashes. In the end, I think his value is as a #2 guy, when it's very clear that he's the backup.

My hope for the Steelers QB depth: Big Ben, Orton, Rookie

LT Max Starks - I see Max coming back on the cheap, possibly saving the day again. Geesh, if he needs to save the day again, we are in for a long year.

My hope for the OT depth: Gilbert, Colon, Starks, Rookie

NT Red Bryant - I think this guy is worth more than he'll get. He would be an younger upgrade to Hampton at this point, and less of a cap hit.

My hope for NT depth: Bryant, Rookie, Mclendon (DE)

ILB Dan Connor - Here's another guy who is undervalued. He could replace James Farrior in every way.

Hope for ILB depth: Connor, Timmons, Rookie, Sylvestor, Possibly Foote at vet minimum

As for the OL, the Steelers just can't afford the ones that would be clear upgrades, due to the salary cap situation. Funny how Urbick is one of the better interior OL free agents out there, rated higher than Ramon Foster or Chris Kemo. I wonder what went wrong with his development/talent evaluation with the Steelers? Anyway, the Steelers need to draft two guards through the first four to five rounds, IMO.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down