Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennings the root cause???

Go down

Jennings the root cause??? Empty Jennings the root cause???

Post by duck Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 am

Here's a weird thought, folks. Not original on my part... I gleaned it from Packers.com. But the gist of it is that the Packers' slide coincided perfectly with Jennings getting hurt.

He was injured in the NYG regular season win, and sat out the next game against KC which of course we lost. Since then, he's never been completely healthy and we've never gotten back on track.

There has been some discussion that the addition of Benson this year was a Godsend because it gave us balance. Accordingly, losing him should kill us because opposing defenses won't honor the run and will tee off on Rodgers. However, consider the fact that with the exception of the 2010 playoffs, the Packers didn't have an running game in 2010 and 2011 and that didn't stop us. Our offenses marched down the field with impunity. History shows that the Packers have and presumably can do quite well without a running game, thank you very much.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this right now. Jennings when he's on has been a potent and reliable weapon. However, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Driver, and Finley have had their moments too. I wouldn't even call Jennings our #1 receiver. I would call him and Nelson 1A and 1B. Heck, I've been lobbying for the Packers to trade jennings.

In any case, the correlation is undeniable. We dominate with Jennings and play .500 ball without him.

Any thoughts?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down