Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JETS-TEXANS

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JETS-TEXANS Empty JETS-TEXANS

Post by LRJets Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 am

Pleasantly surprised how the Jets fared. Losing by six? The Texans are the best balanced, most injury-free team in the NFL. Sanchez didn't even know who was coming in between downs. Tebow still needs more than two downs before he is pulled. The guy never gets a chance to develop any sort of rhythym.

Cro played a good game. Jets should try some plays throwing to the running backs. Hopefully their tenacious mood stays.

Irish Jets, you're a Giants fan now, so please don't say they should get rid of Tanny. Not replying is even better.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

JETS-TEXANS Empty Re: JETS-TEXANS

Post by NY JETS1 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Forget Tebow at QB. Let Sanchez take all the snaps. If the Jets want to use Tebow he should be at RB. Teams still wouldnt know if he was going to run or throw. Taking QB's in and out of a game makes no sense.
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm

The Tebow/Sanchez dilemma is just that. One Jets fan, a host on Sirius radio said this morning, "Tebow is a terrific player, but not an NFL quarterback who can start for 16 games". Desperate fans:roll: think desperate solutions. I guess I'd want Sanchez, inconsistent and all (remeber the 49ers game) to take all the snaps.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:Forget Tebow at QB. Let Sanchez take all the snaps. If the Jets want to use Tebow he should be at RB. Teams still wouldnt know if he was going to run or throw. Taking QB's in and out of a game makes no sense.

Agree. Even when they do something good (Tebow pass dropped by new WR) they get screwed. There was one play where Tebow gained 10 to the 4 for 1st down. Then they run the exact same play for no gain. In comes Sanchez with 2nd and goal instead of 1st and goal. Jets can't afford to waste downs in red zone. I say get rid of Tebow (or make him a FB), let Sanchez play for better or worse.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm

I was happy to see them play a competetive game as well. Unfortunately, to beat a team like Houston with our depleted forces, we really needed a perectly played game.

J.J. Watts was, IMHO, the difference in the game. He was THE dominant player. Tipped pass at the end of the half results in a swing of a minimum of 6 points. A sack and at least one more tipped pass. And this is what he does to everybody, not just Sanchez.

But we made some mistakes as well. The onside kick was in our hands and we couldn't keep it. Could have changed the whole game. Some dropped passes or wrong routes run. Can't blame Sanchez for them. And the 2nd INT was on Cumberland. He should have caught that pass. Any good receiver should expect to catch that pass. I do think he has some good potential though, and Sanchez seems to like him.

And where the hell are the running plays? It seemed like they didn't really even try to get it started early. We need those running backs deeply involved in the offense.

The defense played very well, IMHO. It's true they still gave up a lot of rushing yards, but they did better in the 2nd half. And considering how long the D was on the field, Houston didn't get a lot of points out of it. A couple of plays for us instead of against us, and we win.

I don't like losses, but after last week this was more encouraging that we can at least field a competetive team.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 am

I was happy to see them play a competetive game as well. Unfortunately, to beat a team like Houston with our depleted forces, we really needed a perectly played game.

I am still amazed how we lost only by six. I defy any team to lose three key players, (two undeniably the best on offense and defense), come off a 34-0 schneid and play with the gusto the Jets did.

We were a dropped pass away at the end of the game for a victory. I hope the "chip", motivation or whatever sustains.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am

LRJets wrote:Pleasantly surprised how the Jets fared. Losing by six? The Texans are the best balanced, most injury-free team in the NFL. Sanchez didn't even know who was coming in between downs. Tebow still needs more than two downs before he is pulled. The guy never gets a chance to develop any sort of rhythym.

Cro played a good game. Jets should try some plays throwing to the running backs. Hopefully their tenacious mood stays.

Irish Jets, you're a Giants fan now, so please don't say they should get rid of Tanny. Not replying is even better.

[color=green]Sorry to disappoint old Capt, Jack. ..I'm a jets fans for life. As badly as I would like to see Tannenbaum get fired he has done nothing to help Mark Sanchez since they traded up for him. Sanchez had a few tips ball Monday night you know the old saying if you can't get to the QB's put your hands up in the air. Face it he been in this league for 4 years now you telling me he don't have enough scent to throw the ball a little higher went you have player like J.J. Watt on the otherside of you.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 am

wassejet wrote:
NY JETS1 wrote:Forget Tebow at QB. Let Sanchez take all the snaps. If the Jets want to use Tebow he should be at RB. Teams still wouldnt know if he was going to run or throw. Taking QB's in and out of a game makes no sense.

Agree. Even when they do something good (Tebow pass dropped by new WR) they get screwed. There was one play where Tebow gained 10 to the 4 for 1st down. Then they run the exact same play for no gain. In comes Sanchez with 2nd and goal instead of 1st and goal. Jets can't afford to waste downs in red zone. I say get rid of Tebow (or make him a FB), let Sanchez play for better or worse.
I believe Tebow had a few good snaps and ran the ball for a 1st down didn't he not. They need to play him more he look better then Sanchez that night Tebow had no turn over. Mark Sanchez lost this game not Tebow.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Sanchez did not lose the game. The 2nd interception should have been caught by Cumberland to begin with. The onside kick should have been held on to. J.J. Watt tips passes on every QB, not just Sanchez. Watt is simply an excellent player.

It wasn't Sanchez's fault that they couldn't get plays in. It wasn't Sanchez's fault that receivers continue to drop passes. Not that Sanchez is blameless. But it's awful hard to establish any rapport with receivers when you have new ones every week.

And where is the running game? Or is that Sanchez's fault also? We didn't run the ball anywhere near the number of times we should be. If you're a running team, you run, even if you're not gaining yards early. Because if you keep pounding, sooner or later, the D will begin to wear down. Then the yards start piling up.

The state of this offense is not on Sanchez. It's on the head coach and o-coordinator.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 am

The state of this offense is not on Sanchez. It's on the head coach and o-coordinator.

Musn't leave the guy out who's in charge of buying the groceries, Tannenbaum. Their off-season was a disaster not to address a WR and offensive tackle.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 am

rdariusxxxx wrote:Sanchez did not lose the game. The 2nd interception should have been caught by Cumberland to begin with. The onside kick should have been held on to. J.J. Watt tips passes on every QB, not just Sanchez. Watt is simply an excellent player.

It wasn't Sanchez's fault that they couldn't get plays in. It wasn't Sanchez's fault that receivers continue to drop passes. Not that Sanchez is blameless. But it's awful hard to establish any rapport with receivers when you have new ones every week.

And where is the running game? Or is that Sanchez's fault also? We didn't run the ball anywhere near the number of times we should be. If you're a running team, you run, even if you're not gaining yards early. Because if you keep pounding, sooner or later, the D will begin to wear down. Then the yards start piling up.

But it up to the players to make the plays not the Coaches. Your dead wrong Mark Sanchez cost the game because he stinks he can't throw the ball straight at the WR's not over their head or 5 yds behind them.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 am

rdariusxxxx wrote:Sanchez did not lose the game. The 2nd interception should have been caught by Cumberland to begin with. The onside kick should have been held on to. J.J. Watt tips passes on every QB, not just Sanchez. Watt is simply an excellent player.

You guys are all Sanchez lover just like went you were all Pennington lover they both sucks. You can all go back with Sanchez went the Jets send him back to Mexico.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 am

You guys are all Sanchez lover just like went you were all Pennington lover they both sucks. You can all go back with Sanchez went the Jets send him back to Mexico.

1. The word is "when", not went. You never fail to write a post using the wrong word, not even mentioning your lack of pluralization.

2. You are nothing more than a fucking bigot. Where are you from Ireland? He wasn't born in Mexico, and if he was, he makes more in a day than you make in a year retrieving shopping carts from Shop-Rite. Do I have that right. Have some 4th grader do the math for you.

3. I really think your sperm depletion has made you ill.

LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:33 am

Well. it's official! According to Woody, Tebow will be a Jet for the length of his contract, 3 years. That means if Sanchez does poorly this year, and he's well on his way, there's a good possibility we'll see Tebow as the QB of the Jets next year. God help us.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 am

Why do you resist the power of the TEBOW?!
TeBOW.. TEEbow.. TEBOW!!!Laughing

Seriously, he can't help if you only use him 5 times per game, and Sanchez is as good as he's ever going to get.

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Kaweb57 wrote:Why do you resist the power of the TEBOW?!

Seriously, he can't help if you only use him 5 times per game, and Sanchez is as good as he's ever going to get.

For starters, he can't throw the football. In the NFL, if you can't throw, you're toast.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:39 pm

wassejet wrote:

For starters, he can't throw the football. In the NFL, if you can't throw, you're toast.

[youtube][/youtube]

Looks like he threw THAT one..

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 pm

If the jets want to win they will need to play Tebow alot more they need to get him in there for a lease 15 snaps a game. GO Yankees 3 more out to go.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:54 am

LRJets wrote:The state of this offense is not on Sanchez. It's on the head coach and o-coordinator.

Musn't leave the guy out who's in charge of buying the groceries, Tannenbaum. Their off-season was a disaster not to address a WR and offensive tackle.

I have to agree. These were glaring weaknesses and they were not addressed appropriately. They have to do better at that, just like they need to execute better, Sanchez included. As I said, he's not blameless. But you have to give the QB something to work with as well, and you can't be so disorganized that it takes forever to get plays in.

IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 am

Kaweb57 wrote:
wassejet wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Looks like he threw THAT one..

I can throw a few balls well, and I'm 58. Doesn't mean I'm an NFL QB.

I have nothing against Tebow. I think he can be a very good NFL player. I'm not convinced that QB is his position in the NFL though. I also think that it gives Sanchez mixed messages. It was one thing when it was Brad Smith, who was being groomed as a receiver, and the wildcat option was just another way to get him on the field in a good situation. As of right now Tebow's position is still QB, and whether we like it or not, it creates a situation where people very quickly look past Sanchez if he has some rough games or rough series.

I just don't think that's how QB's are developed, either from Sanchez's point of view, or Tebow's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:

But it up to the players to make the plays not the Coaches. Your dead wrong Mark Sanchez cost the game because he stinks he can't throw the ball straight at the WR's not over their head or 5 yds behind them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:17 am

IrishJets1129 wrote:

Sanchez made the play. Cumberland didn't. The pass was high. Wasn't sombody saying that if Watt is tipping passes, to throw a little higher? And Sanchez did. And he threw a very catchable ball. Any good, experienced NFL receiver would have caught it, and the drive would have continued. And what made matters worse was that he tipped it up in the air, high enough for there to be plenty of time for a Texan to get there. If he knocks it down at least, we have another play. I believe. That was a 3rd down play, right?

Nobody's saying Sanchez is playing great. But every year there seems to be something going on that many of us feel inhibits his growth. And we're not willing to blame him for anything that isn't his fault, such as the pass to Cumberland.

He makes enough mistakes on his own. We don't need to pile on with more that belong to other people. And what has happened this year is more on the coaches and administrators than it is on the players. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 am

No doubt Sanchez works hard. But...he hasn't shown enough improvement to rid him of his good play/bonehead play style and rep. He takes bunch of guys to Ca. every summer. They work hard, but intangibles may not be learned it seems

Consistency , or lack therof seems to be his Waterloo.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 pm

LRJets wrote:No doubt Sanchez works hard. But...he hasn't shown enough improvement to rid him of his good play/bonehead play style and rep. He takes bunch of guys to Ca. every summer. They work hard, but intangibles may not be learned it seems

Consistency , or lack therof seems to be his Waterloo.

At this point I fear you may be right. He's good enough, on a good team, to get us to the playoffs. But you never really know which Sanchez you'll see. On a mediocre team, he's just not enough. At least right now.

I'm just not ready to pull the plug on him yet. And especially if Tebow is our answer, because in my opinion, he is not.

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 pm

At this point I fear you may be right. He's good enough, on a good team, to get us to the playoffs. But you never really know which Sanchez you'll see. On a mediocre team, he's just not enough. At least right now.

I'm just not ready to pull the plug on him yet. And especially if Tebow is our answer, because in my opinion, he is not.

I wouldn't be upset in the least if Sanchez took all of the snaps and come what may with this season. I would however like to see Tebow on the field in some capacity as he is a spark to the team and a good football player. He can block and he can run.
Rex and Sparano gave me hope in August that they would have packages with Sanchez and Tebow. Where?
Once again it's proven that two quarterbacks equal no quarterbacks.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next