Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NY JETS GM?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NY JETS GM?  Empty NY JETS GM?

Post by NY JETS1 Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Here are my choices. 

1)Nick Caserio (NE PATS)

2) Chris Ballard (KC CHIEFS)

3) Scott Pioli ( ATL. Falcons)
NY JETS1
NY JETS1
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

NY JETS GM?  Empty Re: NY JETS GM?

Post by guppy Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:12 pm

NY JETS1 wrote:Here are my choices. 

1)Nick Caserio (NE PATS)

Forget Caserio.  NE just extended him through 2020.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems like a coincidence, but they did the deal right after Manish Metah wrote in the Daily News that the Jets should pursue him and Josh McDaniels.  It was right around the same time anyway.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:11 pm

guppy wrote:

1)Nick Caserio (NE PATS)

It seems like a coincidence, but they did the deal right after Manish Metah wrote in the Daily News that the Jets should pursue him and Josh McDaniels.  It was right around the same time anyway.

It doesn't bother me in the least. The NE/Bellichick connection is overrated. Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli, Josh McDaniel all got fired in short order eventually.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 pm

guppy wrote:

1)Nick Caserio (NE PATS)

I don't believe this for a second. He's signed for longer than BB? He's signed for longer than the owner's likely to live?
Sure.

George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:52 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

1)Nick Caserio (NE PATS)

I don't believe this for a second. He's signed for longer than BB? He's signed for longer than the owner's likely to live? 
Sure.

The story came out Dec. 28.  "According to a league source".   Take that for what its worth.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 am

Does any of this really matter? Do we know enough about any of the possible candidates to get excited about the final selection? The Jets have chosen GM's from winning programs before and had little to show for it. Same applies to the search for a coach. There is no Parcells or Lombardi out there. In the end, the Jets will make a selection, the fandom and media will get excited, but we won't know if this round of managerial musical chairs will be successful for many years.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:41 am

wassejet wrote:Does any of this really matter? Do we know enough about any of the possible candidates to get excited about the final selection? The Jets have chosen GM's from winning programs before and had little to show for it. Same applies to the search for a coach. There is no Parcells or Lombardi out there. In the end, the Jets will make a selection, the fandom and media will get excited, but we won't know if this round of managerial musical chairs will be successful for many years.

That's true.  Because success is  never a sure thing, I have never gotten initially excited when any Boston team has brought in either a new player, coach, manager or GM. 

With two exceptions:   Kevin Garnett for the Celtics; and Darrelle Revis for the Pats.  There was never a question with those two.  (Of course, it remains to be seen if Revis sticks around more than a year.)

Best of luck to the Jets in finding some good candidates.  Whoever they are, they are going to have to be the personality types that incredible pressure and scrutiny doesn't faze them.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:42 pm

guppy wrote:

Best of luck to the Jets in finding some good candidates.  Whoever they are, they are going to have to be the personality types that incredible pressure and scrutiny doesn't faze them.
Thanks, guppy, but "luck" is not in a Jet fan's vocabulary unless it's preceeded by the adjective "bad."

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:11 am

wassejet wrote:
guppy wrote:

Thanks, guppy, but "luck" is not in a Jet fan's vocabulary unless it's preceeded by the adjective "bad."
P.S. I'm rooting for the Pats to go all the way this year. I still don't like your team or your coach, but I like Brady. I feel he is the greatest QB to have ever played, and would like to see him get one more championship. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:23 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:

1)Nick Caserio (NE PATS)

Sure.

The story came out Dec. 28.  "According to a league source".   Take that for what its worth.

Director of Player Personnel. I didn't realize that was his title. Executives and coaches can walk away from contracts for a better job.
He could take a GM job tomorrow if he wanted to. The extension is really just a sort of vote of confidence from the team, and a message from him that he's not interested in moving right now.
So you're right, forget Caserio. Doesn't mean he's gonna be in NE for six more seasons though.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 pm

wassejet wrote:

P.S. I'm rooting for the Pats to go all the way this year. I still don't like your team or your coach, but I like Brady. I feel he is the greatest QB to have ever played, and would like to see him get one more championship. 

Well thanks Wassejet, that's sayin something coming from a Jets fan.  We're definitely fortunate to have Brady, and for this long.  I think he's now the third oldest player in the league behind Vinatieri and P. Manning.  I'd like to seem him get that fourth, but I've been disappointed before.  In fact, I'd say there have been at least SIX devastating playoff losses where they had the game, they should have won the game, but they didn't win the game.  Six is a lot.  But now I'm hardened to disappointment, so I'm ready and I can handle whatever comes this time. 

Typing that just made me think of Liam Neeson in the final scene in "The Grey"
when the wolves are moving in on him.  Don't know if you saw that movie.  The wolves have him trapped.  But he grabs a knife and broken glass and is going to go down fighting.

"Once more into the fray"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Just don't forget who it was that introduced Brady to the world! I'll never forget that game. When Bledsoe went to the bench, I thought we had that game sewed up. In comes this unknown guy and kills us with his three-step drops.....been killing us ever since. Oh well, that's gratitude for you.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:14 pm

wassejet wrote:

.....been killing us ever since.

Not always.  You'll always have the 2010 playoff win at Gillette.  Ouch.  That looked like it was going to be the start of something for the Jets, but alas, it was not to be. 

I admire Tom's career path because he carries that permanent chip on his shoulder.  He was never "The Anointed One", picked 199th in the draft, not brought in to be a starter, and then eventually beat out Bledsoe (when he came back from that injury), a guy drafted No. 1 overall.  Not having the most raw talent, Tom had to work for every single thing he's gotten.  Sheer determination, will and hard work defines him.  How can anyone hate that? 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:28 pm

guppy wrote:

Not always.  You'll always have the 2010 playoff win at Gillette.  Ouch.  That looked like it was going to be the start of something for the Jets, but alas, it was not to be. 

I admire Tom's career path because he carries that permanent chip on his shoulder.  He was never "The Anointed One", picked 199th in the draft, not brought in to be a starter, and then eventually beat out Bledsoe (when he came back from that injury), a guy drafted No. 1 overall.  Not having the most raw talent, Tom had to work for every single thing he's gotten.  Sheer determination, will and hard work defines him.  How can anyone hate that? 

Yeah, that was a brief moment of Jets ecstasy, especially after losing 45-0 a few weeks earlier. 

I think with Brady, the physical talent to play QB was always there. I saw him in a replay game as a senior at Mich. and he looked pretty good in that game to me. Of course, he was only playing because Henne wasn't able to. I feel his hard work paid off in the intangible stuff, like learning offenses, defenses, keeping fit and leadership. The guy is pure genius when it comes to playing QB.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm

wassejet wrote:

I think with Brady, the physical talent to play QB was always there. I saw him in a replay game as a senior at Mich. and he looked pretty good in that game to me. Of course, he was only playing because Henne wasn't able to. I feel his hard work paid off in the intangible stuff, like learning offenses, defenses, keeping fit and leadership. The guy is pure genius when it comes to playing QB.

Don't take offense at this - and I don't think you will - but I just can't resist having a little fun with you by posting this:  LOL

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:15 pm

guppy wrote:

Don't take offense at this - and I don't think you will - but I just can't resist having a little fun with you by posting this:  LOL

Nice picture of Chad Pennington. LOL. I love it! If only..... Congrats on the win yesterday. That was a close one!

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:24 am

wassejet wrote:

Congrats on the win yesterday. That was a close one!

Thanks.  That game was like a heavyweight bout between two heavyweights slugging it out.  Really a classic, with the Pats taking punches and then kept fighting back until they could finally deliver the last punch and the knockout blow. 

For me, a game like that is good for the soul, but definitely not good for the heart.  Whew.

Brady's absolutely perfect pass to LaFell for the game winning TD late is a classic Brady moment I'm going to watch over and over...

...at least for one week. 
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:41 am

guppy wrote:

Thanks.  That game was like a heavyweight bout between two heavyweights slugging it out.  Really a classic, with the Pats taking punches and then kept fighting back until they could finally deliver the last punch and the knockout blow. 

For me, a game like that is good for the soul, but definitely not good for the heart.  Whew.

Brady's absolutely perfect pass to LaFell for the game winning TD late is a classic Brady moment I'm going to watch over and over...

Your D looked a little shaky out there. Let's hope they play better against Mr. Luck. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:55 am

wassejet wrote:
guppy wrote:

Your D looked a little shaky out there. Let's hope they play better against Mr. Luck. 

Ya, not Revis' best game in terms of the two penalties he got, one of which reversed a huge change of possession that would have put that Pats on the Ravens one yard line after sacking Luck and causing him to fumble.  If Revis didn't pull Steve Smith's shirt of that play, which he didn't need to do, the game would not have ended up that close, because the Pats would have definitely scored with first and goal from the one, but instead Baltimore kept the ball.  I think Revis will do better next week.  T.Y. Hilton, who he will cover again, is dynamic though.

Based on yesterday's performance, its clear Indy has improved greatly as the season has gone on.  Not that they weren't good to begin with, but they are really hitting their stride now.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:19 pm

guppy wrote:

Ya, not Revis' best game in terms of the two penalties he got, one of which reversed a huge change of possession that would have put that Pats on the Ravens one yard line after sacking Luck and causing him to fumble.  If Revis didn't pull Steve Smith's shirt of that play, which he didn't need to do, the game would not have ended up that close, because the Pats would have definitely scored with first and goal from the one, but instead Baltimore kept the ball.  I think Revis will do better next week.  T.Y. Hilton, who he will cover again, is dynamic though.

Based on yesterday's performance, its clear Indy has improved greatly as the season has gone on.  Not that they weren't good to begin with, but they are really hitting their stride now.

This may sound like sour grapes, but I always thought Revis was overrated even when he was here. Let me clarify by saying, yes, he is a great cover corner, however, when it comes to value to a team's overall defense, I would much prefer to have a 15-20 sack DE or LB. I feel a guy like that makes your whole D backfield better rather than just one quarter of it, which is what you get with Revis.

Colts showed a strong defense yesterday which is surprising. Also thought Manning looked like an old man out there with some of his whimpy throws. He may need to hang 'em up, sorry to say. 

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

NY JETS GM?  Empty Revis will not be in NE next year. He will go to Buffalo to be with Ryan.

Post by bowlerman422 Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:57 pm

guppy wrote:
wassejet wrote:
guppy wrote:

bowlerman422

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:18 pm

bowlerman422 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Revis will go to whomever pays him the most. That's been his pattern.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:08 pm

wassejet wrote:
bowlerman422 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Revis will go to whomever pays him the most. That's been his pattern.

Remains to be seen.

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:57 am

guppy wrote:

Remains to be seen.

Congrats again. This time a cake walk. Even though it's temporary, I must confess it's fun to root for a winner for a change.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:21 am

wassejet wrote:
guppy wrote:

Remains to be seen.

Congrats again. This time a cake walk. Even though it's temporary, I must confess it's fun to root for a winner for a change.

Thanks.  We're definitely spoiled.  I admit that.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next