Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James,Troy Practice

4 posters

Go down

James,Troy Practice Empty James,Troy Practice

Post by leejr Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 am

Steelers defensive stars practice

Updated: October 1, 2012, 8:30 PM ETAssociated Press

PITTSBURGH -- The starting defense the Steelers thought they were getting when the season opened finally practiced together on Monday.

There's still no telling if the same 11 guys will suit up on Sunday against Philadelphia.

Injured stars [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were on the field as the Steelers (1-2) returned from their bye week. While Harrison remained vague about the chances his surgically repaired left knee will be ready to play for the first time this season, Polamalu is optimistic his strained right calf is no longer an issue.

<p>

AFC North blog

<p>[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The perennial Pro Bowl safety says he felt "pretty good" and was grateful to see a slew of familiar faces on the practice field, Harrison's included.

"We'll see what happens, but it's been a while since we've all been on the field together," Polamalu said. "There are some other new faces out there who have been permanent starters, so it's all about how well 11 guys mesh on our defense."

The Steelers have struggled to generate much of a pass rush and the secondary had trouble in a 34-31 loss in Oakland on Sept. 23. Having a pair of healthy former Defensive Player of the Years would certainly help.

"We just have to get ourselves on the winning side of things, because nobody cares about losing teams," Polamalu said. "We just haven't been executing that well, (so) whatever the call is that coach (Dick) LeBeau has made, we just haven't been executing it that well at all. It really has nothing to do with the scheme of things. It's just that we're not executing and not performing well."

Harrison hasn't played since a wild card loss to Denver in January. He struggled staying healthy during the offseason and underwent a minor procedure on Aug. 15. He returned to full practice last Tuesday but was not there on Wednesday, though he declined to label it a setback.

If anything, Harrison wants to get in a game just so he'll stop having to answer questions about his condition.

"The constant questions, of course, just nags and irks on you," said Harrison, who won't have a better idea about his status until Friday.

The Steelers could also get a boost to the running game with the possible return of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who hasn't played since tearing the ACL in his right knee against Cleveland on New Year's Day. He's practiced regularly over the last three weeks and a comeback is imminent.

"We're gauging it, me and the coaches, and when we get to the point where we all think I can play then I'll get back in there," Mendenhall said.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

James,Troy Practice Empty Re: James,Troy Practice

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 am

I really think we are going to need them this week. The Eagles are finding ways to win games and we are not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 am

captnbrojangles wrote:I really think we are going to need them this week. The Eagles are finding ways to win games and we are not.

I wouldn't worry too much, Captn-
We've won by 1,1, and 2 points, but when we lost we lost decisively: 21 points!
Good defenses baffle Bad Newz Vick's little mind
affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 8:41 am

----

I really think we are going to need them this week. The Eagles are finding ways to win games and we are not

We should win. But to get a victory they have to make Vick beat them within the pocket. If he get his A Game going rolling out of the pocket,it may get a little funky. The Steelers must establish some type of run game.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 am

leejr wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 8:41 am

----

I really think we are going to need them this week. The Eagles are finding ways to win games and we are not

We should win. But to get a victory they have to make Vick beat them within the pocket. If he get his A Game going rolling out of the pocket,it may get a little funky. The Steelers must establish some type of run game.

Unless we can get pressure on him, it could be a long day. Even the hapless Browns hammered him all day

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:I really think we are going to need them this week. The Eagles are finding ways to win games and we are not.
My thoughts are that Troy and James out has changed the abilities of the defense. The guys playing in their place don't execute to the same level.... and the others try to compensate for them. Good defense is about being disciplined. Staying home, doing your job, covering your place on the wall. When you try to do too much.... you don't do that one thing well. The the whole wall gets over run.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 pm

foghorn wrote:
My thoughts are that Troy and James out has changed the abilities of the defense. The guys playing in their place don't execute to the same level.... and the others try to compensate for them. Good defense is about being disciplined. Staying home, doing your job, covering your place on the wall. When you try to do too much.... you don't do that one thing well. The the whole wall gets over run.

Great post I agree 100% God Bless you BJ! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm

It appears that we'll have everyone back at near 100% this week. I hope that Harrision can make a big difference because I'm really worried about our defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm

captnbrojangles wrote:
foghorn wrote:

BJ and I agree...bj is the real deal. I wish he would adopt me..Cool .
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Toddseahawks wrote:
captnbrojangles wrote:
foghorn wrote:

BJ and I agree...bj is the real deal. I wish he would adopt me..Cool .
I would but I cannot afford the cost of Purina bigfoot chow! LOL.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:It appears that we'll have everyone back at near 100% this week. I hope that Harrision can make a big difference because I'm really worried about our defense.

Well, we know who's fault that is...Just axe.... afro afro afro afro afro
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 am

Randell60 wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:It appears that we'll have everyone back at near 100% this week. I hope that Harrision can make a big difference because I'm really worried about our defense.

Is it someone who looks alittle like this...afro ? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

Is it someone who looks alittle like this...afro ? lol!

Why yes...yes it is afro They need a (insert white guy with a Mullet) as a coach to make things right...
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down