Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be back on the field more quickly?

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will be back on the field more quickly? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be back on the field more quickly?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Stockje, I was there. I've been on Reagan's, Bush Senior's and Clinton's Planes. I have a house full of souvenirs from Air Force One, from both the 28000 and 27000 planes. I have built houses for people that can walk in the WH just about any time they want. I had a Corvette parked in the parking lot for the 89th Air Wing at Andrews for a year. And Reagan could talk a goat out of his beard. Congress cooperated with him. [hmm..that is a novel idea] The rich got filthy rich at our expense. It cost you too. Fifteen years in DC, I saw a lot. Didn't bother me, I was making a fortune for awhile. Then I had an attitude failure, gave away a million dollar construction corporation and left.You listen to Rush all you want. But thats DC.

Back to top Go down

Who will be back on the field more quickly? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who will be back on the field more quickly?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 am

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:35 am

l

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am

Snook, the president only wishes he had the power that most people think he has. Most things you hear in campaigns are just rhetoric. They can tell you what they want to do but it is up to others to let him. Bush had the opportunity to use the only power a president really has--start a war. Would Obama's ideas work? We don't know. He can't do them. My opinion on tobacco taxes. Raise them again. And about coal. You picked a really bad subject there. I am in the middle of a class on appalachian history. This is actually a topic of discussion in our class. Is your author actually a peon of the coal producers? The first joke? Clean coal? There is no such thing. Now they have this thing called mountain top removal. They are actually calling to have an interstate built along a mountain ridge, saying it will help traffic. The only use it will have is let the conglomerates remove the coal, destroy the mountain, and leave, also leaving the locals with nothing to show for it. Just like the past. BTW, the interstate goes to nowhere once the coal is gone and we paid for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Dan. The Dems controlled both the House and the Senate for the first two years of Obama's term, there was a lot he could have done to improve the economy. But he chose to pass a health care bill, that 70% of the people were begging him not to pass? The reason Reagan was able to persuade people was that he talked common sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 pm

CorvetteDan wrote:Snook, the president only wishes he had the power that most people think he has. Most things you hear in campaigns are just rhetoric. They can tell you what they want to do but it is up to others to let him. Bush had the opportunity to use the only power a president really has--start a war. Would Obama's ideas work? We don't know. He can't do them. My opinion on tobacco taxes. Raise them again. And about coal. You picked a really bad subject there. I am in the middle of a class on appalachian history. This is actually a topic of discussion in our class. Is your author actually a peon of the coal producers? The first joke? Clean coal? There is no such thing. Now they have this thing called mountain top removal. They are actually calling to have an interstate built along a mountain ridge, saying it will help traffic. The only use it will have is let the conglomerates remove the coal, destroy the mountain, and leave, also leaving the locals with nothing to show for it. Just like the past. BTW, the interstate goes to nowhere once the coal is gone and we paid for it.

Dan...really? Obama's ideas haven't been implemented? Have you heard of Obamacare? The man had two full years of both houses of Congress. In two years absolutely nothing was done except for Obama's ideas.

To get into an economic discussion regarding the government's ability to effect change would take days. I will say that Reagan was dead on with one comment he made and then agreeably was part of the problem...though FAR from THE problem. He said, paraphrasing...if the government knocks on the door and offers to help, run away. Anytime anyone from the government gets too involved in trying to fix the economy it will be worse for the efforts. Focussed and targeted regulation stricltly there to protect systematic failure is all that should be done. Social engineering only engineers doom for those targeted to help. Economic stimulus only stimulates an increase in the voting block for the person who pushes for the stimulus.

I'm a Constitutionalist and that means that there are predefined powers inherent in the federal government. Stay the heck out of everything else and the country is a better place. At that time if I don't like the way Michigan runs it's ship, I move.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Snooker28 wrote:
CorvetteDan wrote:Snook, the president only wishes he had the power that most people think he has. Most things you hear in campaigns are just rhetoric. They can tell you what they want to do but it is up to others to let him. Bush had the opportunity to use the only power a president really has--start a war. Would Obama's ideas work? We don't know. He can't do them. My opinion on tobacco taxes. Raise them again. And about coal. You picked a really bad subject there. I am in the middle of a class on appalachian history. This is actually a topic of discussion in our class. Is your author actually a peon of the coal producers? The first joke? Clean coal? There is no such thing. Now they have this thing called mountain top removal. They are actually calling to have an interstate built along a mountain ridge, saying it will help traffic. The only use it will have is let the conglomerates remove the coal, destroy the mountain, and leave, also leaving the locals with nothing to show for it. Just like the past. BTW, the interstate goes to nowhere once the coal is gone and we paid for it.

Dan...... the president has way more power now than ever in history, Thanks to "Bush's Patriot Act" and Obama's latest revisions of the "National Defense Authorizastion Act" and "National Defense Resource Preparedness" act. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Obama warned that if he couldn't get something pushed through congress, he would bypass it. Examples, "Dream Act". He did an end around congress on that one and the Welfare Reform Act, he attempted to give work waivers to welfare recipients. That one didn't slip through the cracks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the Clean coal arguement, Obama has no problem selling our coal to China and letting them burn it 15th century furnaces. I guess it's only polution if it's used in this country? What ever happened to his stewardship of the world's Ecology? A bit hypocritical yes? [url=http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=China_and_coal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the biggest joke regarding environmental protection. The US is probably the cleanest country per whatever measurement is used to measure resources used, we are also the most castigated. It's insane to think that it's OK for China to burn coal w/ no cleaning equipment or Brazil to perform deep sea drilling but not for the country that has more safeguards and better/cleaner technology than any other in the world? Makes not a lick of sense to me. If someone is burning coal or drilling it should be Americans.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm

The President has no Power to declare war, it's done by an act of congress. But you knew that didn't you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Not quite right. the president can start a war. Then he gets permission. Kind of a moot point. He just can't keep it running without congress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Not quite true read this:

“The separation of the power of declaring war from that of conducting it, is wisely contrived to exclude the danger of its being declared for the sake of its being conducted.”
- James Madison

“This system will not hurry us into war; it is calculated to guard against it. It will not be in the power of a single man, or a single body of men, to involve us in such distress; for the important power of declaring war is vested in the legislature at large: this declaration must be made with the concurrence of the House of Representatives: from this circumstance we may draw a certain conclusion that nothing but our interest can draw us into war.”
- James Wilson

“Considering that Congress alone is constitutionally invested with the power of changing our condition from peace to war, I have thought it my duty to await their authority for using force in any degree which could be avoided.”
- Thomas Jefferson

“The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the legislature”
- James Madison

The founders were absolutely clear in their demand that the country would only go to war upon the collective decision of the representatives of the People.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 pm

And you don't think it hasn't happened? What is written in paper is not always what really happens. I don't think the founders have been around here to check up. Clinton sent troops to Somalia. That isn't war. Reagan blew the crap out of Quadaffi's [spell?] house and killed his daughter. That isn't an act of war? These things can start wars so forget that post. It happens. Congress passes it later just to cover out butt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Also, I am currently a college student and I got an A in that class. Also my teacher is a retired Army colonel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

I didn't say act of war. I said a president could not declare war by himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Congrats on your A my friend you should be proud. Snooker he has a point pork in the bills are a big factor, it works against all three parties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Yes they do. I discovered that any citizen of Georgia 62 or older gets free tuition. All I pay is books. I'm 2 classes away from my associates in networking and starting on a bachelors in history and a bachelors in math. I have a 3.55 GPA but English kills me. I could take my Cisco CCNA test this spring, but since I am not looking to work I won't. Those tests are expensive. Building custom houses in DC has been a experience. Half the people you meet are somebody. And with you building their home, they are asking for your advice and opinion. And every 4 years there is a huge move in the market.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Lilly Homes? Yes but I don't know how to head on that one. I seem familar with it but I can't remember why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 am

Last edited by Snooker28 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 am

/I thought I saw and heard of them but never built any. Couldn't remember exactly. Might have done some rremodelling on one, but more likely is that I had hired some one that worked there. Over a 10 year period I had over 600 different carpenters work for me. Not counting remodelling, as a framing contractor I put up over 1800 homes. My resume included Ocean Atlantic, CA Rogers, M.I. Homes, Ryland, Ryman, Northern Virginia, Pulte, Madison, Kenneth Allen, The Dow Group, Capital Construction Services, McGruder, Cumberland, Porten Brothers, Porten & Porten, Porten Builders, Milton Homes and mant more I can't even rember. I avoided builders like Artery, DR Horten and US Homes because they built mostly trash. I turned down Cal Ripken's new house on in the Inner Harbor near Baltimore because my guys didn't want to drive that far and you couldn't tell where it was. Worked on a few embassies(gotta be careful there. Get a downpayment large enough to cover the whole job)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2