Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offensive Line

+2
wyckedheart8
leejr
6 posters

Go down

Offensive Line Empty Offensive Line

Post by leejr Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:39 am

The monies that the team suppose to be saving by getting under the cap,will they go out and bring in some protection? Ben is 30,or soon to be, he can't continue to take that pounding. I know alot of issues needs to be address but,that ol should be on the top

leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Offensive Line Empty CAP SPACE

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:04 pm

leejr wrote:The monies that the team suppose to be saving by getting under the cap,will they go out and bring in some protection? Ben is 30,or soon to be, he can't continue to take that pounding. I know alot of issues needs to be address but,that ol should be on the top

bounce Well, as of right now Pitt is still about 9+ Million over the cap, so they still have a ton of shaving to do before they can bring in quality free agents, otherwise the only free agents they will be able to sign are those that will take the league minimum.

wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Offensive Line Empty Re: Offensive Line

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 am

wyckedfat thinks he knows steeler football. stick to analyzing the pathetic browns and leave the steelers to the real football fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:56 am

wyckedheart8 wrote:
leejr wrote:The monies that the team suppose to be saving by getting under the cap,will they go out and bring in some protection? Ben is 30,or soon to be, he can't continue to take that pounding. I know alot of issues needs to be address but,that ol should be on the top

bounce Well, as of right now Pitt is still about 9+ Million over the cap, so they still have a ton of shaving to do before they can bring in quality free agents, otherwise the only free agents they will be able to sign are those that will take the league minimum.VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

They are not that far over the cap, as a matter of fact, they are right at the cap after the Big Ben restructure. Decent free agent guards will be too expensive. They are also more likely to go NT or LB at 1-24 than guard (if a LT prospect slips, that may be the pick). I could see them drafting/doubling up on guards in the second AND fourth, possibly. Heading into the combine, LB Hightower seems to be the most frequent first rounder mocked, followed closely by NT Poe. OG may be dealt with the same way CB was dealt with last year, when everyone thought is was clearly the biggest need. If they get the OG talent equivalents of CBs Brown and Allen, that would be great...but it means no immediate upgrade.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 am

RLON39 wrote:
wyckedheart8 wrote:

bounce Well, as of right now Pitt is still about 9+ Million over the cap, so they still have a ton of shaving to do before they can bring in quality free agents, otherwise the only free agents they will be able to sign are those that will take the league minimum.VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

They are not that far over the cap, as a matter of fact, they are right at the cap after the Big Ben restructure. Decent free agent guards will be too expensive. They are also more likely to go NT or LB at 1-24 than guard (if a LT prospect slips, that may be the pick). I could see them drafting/doubling up on guards in the second AND fourth, possibly. Heading into the combine, LB Hightower seems to be the most frequent first rounder mocked, followed closely by NT Poe. OG may be dealt with the same way CB was dealt with last year, when everyone thought is was clearly the biggest need. If they get the OG talent equivalents of CBs Brown and Allen, that would be great...but it means no immediate upgrade.

Rlon.... what's your take on the Mike Wallace thing?
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:13 am

CanIPiggyback2 wrote:wyckedfat thinks he knows steeler football. stick to analyzing the pathetic browns and leave the steelers to the real football fans.
And you say we are obsessed with Bob? He made a statement...Now counter his statement like RLon did......Ohhh yeah...BOB...BOB...BOB...BOB...LOL
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 am

Randell60 wrote:
CanIPiggyback2 wrote:wyckedfat thinks he knows steeler football. stick to analyzing the pathetic browns and leave the steelers to the real football fans.
And you say we are obsessed with Bob? He made a statement...Now counter his statement like RLon did......Ohhh yeah...BOB...BOB...BOB...BOB...LOL
Randy... don't you realize that we're supposed to do as foreskinzer says not what he does?
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:52 pm

foghorn wrote:
Randell60 wrote:
Randy... don't you realize that we're supposed to do as foreskinzer says not what he does?

BOB...BOB...BOB...BOB...BOB....BOB...BOB...BOB........OOooooops!!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 am

Rlon.... what's your take on the Mike Wallace thing?^^^

I think the FO has to franchise him or they are going to lose him, plain and simple. With the restricted tender, any first rounder that doesn't put us in position to draft a player the quality of a guy like OG Decastro, who instantly makes us a better team, is not worth it (i.e. losing a guy that stretches the field so well). A pick in the twenties simply won't do. Unless they (FO and Wallace) are close to a long term contract, several big money vets, starting with Ward and Smith, need to be cut. I advocate cutting all these overpaid, aging vets, franchising Wallace before working out a long term deal, then allowing certain vets to come back at reduced salaries. You can get back veterans such as FA Starks and potential cut Hampton due to their age and injury status making it unlikely that another team overpays for them. If they do, so be it. The Steelers need a future NT from this draft.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 am

RLON39 wrote: Rlon.... what's your take on the Mike Wallace thing?^^^

I think the FO has to franchise him or they are going to lose him, plain and simple. With the restricted tender, any first rounder that doesn't put us in position to draft a player the quality of a guy like OG Decastro, who instantly makes us a better team, is not worth it (i.e. losing a guy that stretches the field so well). A pick in the twenties simply won't do. Unless they (FO and Wallace) are close to a long term contract, several big money vets, starting with Ward and Smith, need to be cut. I advocate cutting all these overpaid, aging vets, franchising Wallace before working out a long term deal, then allowing certain vets to come back at reduced salaries. You can get back veterans such as FA Starks and potential cut Hampton due to their age and injury status making it unlikely that another team overpays for them. If they do, so be it. The Steelers need a future NT from this draft.
I agree with you on the NT position. But I don't think Wallace is worth the money he'll command. I simply think his only worth as a receiver is his speed. Unless he's showed something to the coaching staff we haven't seen in games. Even a new OC cannot instantly make him a polished route runner. I personally think the Steers FO will give him the restricted tender. I don't see them being able to free up enough cap space to do much more.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by fiboploc Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:11 pm

cutting Ward and Smith should be enough money to keep Wallace.

fiboploc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down