Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Philbin Factor

3 posters

Go down

The Philbin Factor Empty The Philbin Factor

Post by duck Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:38 am

Interesting article and follow up discussion on Cheesehead TV.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not sure to what extent switching OCs may be contributing to our offense's funk. I think playing two excellent defenses is a more likely cause. Nevertheless, it's food for thought. Here's a comment after the article that I find particularly interesting. It could explain why a lot of quality offenses are struggling... and why the throwback teams like the Niners presently have the upper hand.

"It’s not just us – why are ALL the ‘Elite’ passing offenses in the NFL are all struggling?

Because the replacement refs have never had to call illegal contact on secondaries in Div II/III college games before. NFL rules have been ‘set back’ at least 15 years with the change in refereeing styles, and as a result, Defenses have regained the upper hand.

It is not a coincidence that Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Stafford and their respective offenses are all struggling.

Running the football and stopping the run have once again become the most important things an NFL team has to do. Scoring is down. Running yardage is up.

IMO this will even out over time. But it sure makes teams like San Francisco seem better right now."
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The Philbin Factor Empty Re: The Philbin Factor

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 am

duck wrote:Interesting article and follow up discussion on Cheesehead TV.

I'm not sure to what extent switching OCs may be contributing to our offense's funk. I think playing two excellent defenses is a more likely cause. Nevertheless, it's food for thought. Here's a comment after the article that I find particularly interesting. It could explain why a lot of quality offenses are struggling... and why the throwback teams like the Niners presently have the upper hand.

"It’s not just us – why are ALL the ‘Elite’ passing offenses in the NFL are all struggling?

Because the replacement refs have never had to call illegal contact on secondaries in Div II/III college games before. NFL rules have been ‘set back’ at least 15 years with the change in refereeing styles, and as a result, Defenses have regained the upper hand.

It is not a coincidence that Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Stafford and their respective offenses are all struggling.

Running the football and stopping the run have once again become the most important things an NFL team has to do. Scoring is down. Running yardage is up.

IMO this will even out over time. But it sure makes teams like San Francisco seem better right now."

That certainly makes some sense...however the offensive line holding being allowed is on a whole different level, too... As one D-lineman with a sense of humor put it--*I haven't been held this much since I was a baby* Very Happy

The bottom line is they are generally just letting them play and holding the calls overall to a minimum. Just like anything else--Well coached teams will recognize the change in the seascape and adapt quickly--thus exploiting the change and turning it to their favor... The loser teams will either be oblivious to any difference or recognize the difference and do nothing but whine and piss their pants every week about how fucked and unfair the officiating is... I can tell you this--my Defense overall and O-line would be coached up to be doing some mauling in there... The occasional flag would be a small price to pay for the advantage. In fact--where the fuck is Ahmad Carroll when you need him? Very Happy

Beyond that, however--the Pack has no excuse... The bottom line is Rodgers has to date not been dialed in with his game anywhere close to where he was last season. He's looked good--but not great... Furthermore--I'm starting to develop the knawing impression that the guy might be starting to suffer from some of his own success... A manufactured look on his face here when he knows the cameras are rolling...a subtle reaction there... Too early to draw a conclusive call on yet--but it's a telltale precurser to a downfall in performance when this type of thing becomes evident...

Chewing James Jones ass on national TV for fucking off his route and causing Rodgers to toss an INT was furthermore troubling... Yeah--it's clear whose fault it was. However, since when was the net effect of the fuck up any worse for Aaron Rodgers than it was for James Jones...or any single one of the other players/coaches on that roster? Sure he's pissed that it adds to his INT tally--but that's not what it's all about. It was a setback for them all. It's about TEAM. This can't be stressed enough...and Rodgers' display was one of an individual who apparently feels justified putting himself above James Jones... Yeah, yeah, yeah--leadership, drive, passion, heat of battle--I get it. Leave that for the coaches behind closed doors--what Rodgers did was divisive...and anybody this side of Jay Cuntler can plainly see it... As his Head Coach--I'd be monitoring this sort of thing like stink on shit for future corrective intervention...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 pm

I've seen Rodgers get openly pissed about his team mates' mistakes since Day 1.

Right off the top of my head I can remember seeing him bark at Jordy, Brandon Jackson, Bulaga, Kuhn, Finley (multiple times), and Jones (again, multiple times).

"Sure he's pissed that it adds to his INT tally--but that's not what it's all about. It was a setback for them all. It's about TEAM. This can't be stressed enough...and Rodgers' display was one of an individual who apparently feels justified putting himself above James Jones"

This is the type of statement that you habitually make that irks me. Where in the Wide World of Sports do you get these magic powers that grant you access inside Aaron Rodger's head? More bluntly, how the fuck do you know what he actually is caring about in that moment i.e., whether it is the team's goals or his INT stats?

A healthy ego is one thing my friend, delusions of grandeur are quite another.

And you know, it's a pity BECAUSE I AGREE WITH YOU. Rodgers should save that shit for later; it does no good to anyone to blast Jones' face off then and there. No good at all.
But "saving it for later" is a lot easier said than done when you become infuriated by somebody being complete dumbfuck.
Isn't that right, MB? Wink
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:36 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I've seen Rodgers get openly pissed about his team mates' mistakes since Day 1.

Right off the top of my head I can remember seeing him bark at Jordy, Brandon Jackson, Bulaga, Kuhn, Finley (multiple times), and Jones (again, multiple times).

"Sure he's pissed that it adds to his INT tally--but that's not what it's all about. It was a setback for them all. It's about TEAM. This can't be stressed enough...and Rodgers' display was one of an individual who apparently feels justified putting himself above James Jones"

This is the type of statement that you habitually make that irks me. Where in the Wide World of Sports do you get these magic powers that grant you access inside Aaron Rodger's head? More bluntly, how the fuck do you know what he actually is caring about in that moment i.e., whether it is the team's goals or his INT stats?

I obviously don't and didn't in my comments suggest I did... That's your own thin-ego skin showing its delicacy yet again good buddy... Laughing In reality, I'm sure it's a combo of the two--but you see, that's the beauty--it just doesn't matter... INT stats or team setback or for some entirely different reason--IT IS NOT RODGERS PLACE to be pulling that shit on a teammate... That's not his role. It's not justifiable for any reason...

What he is doing is acting out on his obvious feelings of supremacy--where he functionally holds none... No single player is above any other in the functional team model. How do I know this? He wouldn't do it if he didn't feel his behavior was justified...

A healthy ego is one thing my friend, delusions of grandeur are quite another.

And you know, it's a pity BECAUSE I AGREE WITH YOU. Rodgers should save that shit for later; it does no good to anyone to blast Jones' face off then and there. No good at all.

Then--I guess outside of the fact that you're perpetually sensitive to another man asserting himself--it's all good, eh? Wink

But "saving it for later" is a lot easier said than done when you become infuriated by somebody being complete dumbfuck.

You're chirping to the choir, my friend... Patience for idiocy has never been my greatest virtue and God knows I've spontaneously chewed more ass in my lifetime than Glenda the Good in the middle of Shark Week at a munchkin swingers party...but there is a time/place for everything. Very Happy The young man blows his load the moment he feels the knock at the door... The man with some seasoning knows that emotion can be tempered and stored until the moment is just right for it's release... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Because the replacement refs have never had to call illegal contact on secondaries in Div II/III college games before.

Very correct.. Physical teams like the 9ers have been able to do exactly that. Even last night I thought they were draped over the Lions receivers and Megatron as much or more than against us. I still recall them nailing Woodson and Bush on the same drive.

As far as ARod showing some vexation on the field. I think it is a good thing. Lombardi thought nothing of laying into someone in the heat of the moment, especially Hornung. The sense of urgency and focus is what we could have used last January. Even Bart Starr laid into fill in OT, Steve Wright, once upon a time. He told him right as they were coming off the field that if he let that lineman through one more time old # 15 is coming after you. And Starr's wrath was never to be seen on the field.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 am

Rodgers should save that shit for later; it does no good to anyone to blast Jones' face off then and there. No good at all.

Then--I guess outside of the fact that you're perpetually sensitive to another man asserting himself--it's all good, eh?

LOL! You ...or Rodgers?
You need to hit the gym and work on your irony muscle. That little bitch is flabby! Laughing
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 am

Apparently, the Rodgers/Jones incident continues to draw attention. I like the below article. It draws an important distinction between physical mistakes and mental errors.

In that context, I have no problem with Rodgers' behavior. He accepts the drops but gets on his teammates if they make mental errors. I find that perfectly justifiable.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 am

JnC4GB wrote: Rodgers should save that shit for later; it does no good to anyone to blast Jones' face off then and there. No good at all.

Then--I guess outside of the fact that you're perpetually sensitive to another man asserting himself--it's all good, eh?

LOL! You ...or Rodgers?
You need to hit the gym and work on your irony muscle. That little bitch is flabby! Laughing

I accept your surrender... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm

[quote="duck"]Apparently, the Rodgers/Jones incident continues to draw attention. I like the below article. It draws an important distinction between physical mistakes and mental errors.

In that context, I have no problem with Rodgers' behavior. He accepts the drops but gets on his teammates if they make mental errors. I find that perfectly justifiable.

Since I assume then, Duck, that you agree with the premise that ALL players periodically make mental errors--then it is A-OK for the other 52 players suited up for the game to all chew their ass on those occasions, eh? You really need to rethink your position. What that brings about is chaos...in the dysfunction of 53 players each defending their individual piece of turf from criticism...and coming hard after others to keep themselves in their properly perceived stature position among those on the team... A never ending cycle of constant criticism and constant back-biting that quickly destroys any sense whatsoever of the collective conscience that makes a TEAM...

You really need to be careful allowing yourself to be persuaded by those the likes of fucking blockheads like Tedi Bruschi, Duck. The underpinnings of advanced thought isn't a destination that has or will ever reflect a visa stamp in his passport... Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

But speaking on ESPN Radio's The Scott Van Pelt Show, Bruschi, who played 13 NFL seasons and won three Super Bowls with the New England Patriots, drew a distinct difference between getting on a teammate for making a mental error and showing him up for a physical error – a distinction Rodgers has himself made on a number of occasions.

"I don't even think it's a big thing that [Cutler] bumped him or he pushed him. The big thing was about when he chose to get on J'Marcus Webb, and the difference between when Aaron Rodgers chose to get on Jones, the wide receiver,” Bruschi said. “Now J'Marcus Webb, all he did was get beat physically. He was in the right place. He did his best to block Clay Matthews, and he got beat. Clay Matthews got the sack on Jay Cutler.

"Clay Matthews has beaten many offensive tackles who are a lot better than J'Marcus Webb. So when you get on somebody and embarrass somebody on national TV for getting beat physically, it's almost like you're kicking a man when he's down. OK, yes, you lost. He's just not better than Clay Matthews. Clay Matthews was better than him on that play. There's nothing you can do. There's no scheme or anything. It was one man against another, and you lose. You kick him when he's down, it's not the right thing to do.

"James Jones made a mental error. ... That's when you can get on players. That's when you can get in their grill because they made a poor decision. That justifies any type of criticism you can give them on national TV or not."

Packers players had Saturday, Sunday and Monday off, and Jones, who caught two passes for minus-1 yard on five targeted passes against the Bears, did not speak with reporters after the game. He wasn’t able to haul in what appeared to be an overthrown pass from Rodgers in the end zone that glanced off his hands, then did not run his route properly on Rodgers’ fourth-quarter interception, according to McCarthy.

Blake Baratz, the agent for Finley, then took to Twitter on Sunday to share his thoughts on Rodgers and his leadership, listing Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady as being excellent leaders and adding that Cutler “doesn’t get it.” When a follower asked Baratz why he left Rodgers off the list, Baratz replied that Rodgers is a great quarterback but “isn't a great leader,” saying that leaders “take the blame” and make everyone better. “He doesn't,” Baratz wrote.

Baratz is equally wrong... *Taking the blame* for other's obvious mistakes has another name--it's called enablement. Healthy function in human performance overall requires truth...it requires honesty...it has to have authenticity. Good or bad--it has to be REAL. One can't evolve and overcome their issues/inadequacies unless they are forced to deal with the necessary consequences of their dysfunction. If someone else perpetually takes over all your blame in the name of *leadership*...then they are going to be creating a pack of fucking losers to lead...

What's clear is these articles are filled with a bunch of fucking mental midgets taking stabs in the dark on shit they obviously have no education or training in whatsoever...

The bottom line is--what Rodgers did was fundamentally wrong...and serves to detract from the fabric of team... I'm not saying he should go to the other extreme and accept the blame for Jones' fuckup--but castigating him for it on national TV is a punk move made by someone who requires some redirection on their role and reevaluation of their insight...

Read what Rodgers himself says below. His is a half-ass admission that he knows chewing ass like that is wrong... He attempts to defend his present weakness in that respect by suggesting that he was once WAY WORSE and has improved...but his continuation suggests that he is presently too weak to overcome it...and then--most pathetically--justifies that by saying that he's not the only one who does it... The--*Mommy--but he hit me first* defense... Wink

Asked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Rodgers replied, “It is. It is. It really is. I think it’s difficult when you’re a player and you’re emotional and you care about the game. And I think we all care about the game, but some people show their emotions differently. There’s times when I’ve probably shown up guys when I shouldn’t have. But it’s something you really have to think about. I think I’m better at it now than when I first came into the league. I mean, I was so demonstrative and I’d show my frustration. I think I’m definitely more restrained now. But there are just certain times where you know you need to be focused and not have mental mistakes and your emotions get the best of you.”

When it was suggested that not showing up teammates can be a challenge for most quarterbacks, Rodgers added, “Just watch any game. It’s difficult to not be emotional. We put so much into this game, and I’m not going ot make excuses about it. Like I said, I’ve probably shown up guys I shouldn’t have. And guys do it back to you as well. I mean, it’s not a one-way street. But it is frustrating when there’s mental mistakes.”

Final conclusion: Rodgers needs to do some maturing as a man and as a professional if he ever wants to be known as a true leader...

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

"Rodgers needs to do some maturing as a man and as a professional if he ever wants to be known as a true leader."

"A true leader"? What the hell does that even mean at this point for Rodgers? What accomplishment can we point to that shows he has finally arrived as a "true leader"?

Winning the NFL MVP award?
Winning the Super Bowl?
Winning the Super Bowl MVP award?
Winning the Associated Press Player of the Year award?
Becoming the record holder for the single season passer rating?
Being the NFL's all-time career leader in passer rating during both the regular season and the post season?

Seriously, what's the fucking metric, Clifford? A certain intangable tingling at the base of your spine when he speaks?

Please go back to your claims that awesome Mitt Romney has the election all "locked up." Even as dumbass as that line of reasoning is it's still a far better one than this one.

JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:10 pm

JnC4GB wrote:"Rodgers needs to do some maturing as a man and as a professional if he ever wants to be known as a true leader."

"A true leader"? What the hell does that even mean at this point for Rodgers? What accomplishment can we point to that shows he has finally arrived as a "true leader"?

Winning the NFL MVP award?
Winning the Super Bowl?
Winning the Super Bowl MVP award?
Winning the Associated Press Player of the Year award?
Becoming the record holder for the single season passer rating?
Being the NFL's all-time career leader in passer rating during both the regular season and the post season?

Seriously, what's the fucking metric, Clifford? A certain intangable tingling at the base of your spine when he speaks?

LOL! You just don't get it, do you? It really doesn't need to be so hard, Flex... What we can point to that shows Rodgers has arrived at being a *true leader* is when he discontinues demonstrating through his actions that he isn't one, eh? Laughing

Seriously man...it's a fucking riot how caught up in a certain fixed worldview you are. The age-old axiom states--*let the punishment fit the crime* right? Except in your world--it's--*reperceive the crime to fit the favored punishment. It's got to be a fucking endurance workout routine to manage all that delusion. You're undoubtedly a slim/trim mofo, my friend... Laughing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

HD: The bottom line is--what Rodgers did was fundamentally wrong...and serves to detract from the fabric of team... I'm not saying he should go to the other extreme and accept the blame for Jones' fuckup--but castigating him for it on national TV is a punk move made by someone who requires some redirection on their role and reevaluation of their insight...

I don't think it was a punk move. I believe it was a spontaneous gesture of exasperation -- and a legitimate one at that. It's unfortunate the cameras will always pick up anything a team leader like Rodgers does, and he needs to be mindful of that, but I don't think his intention was to publicly castigate Jones. I also think we're making a mountain out of a molehill here. If Rodgers starts berating his players on a regular basis, okay, we have a problem. However, in this case, I don't have a problem with a serious competitor letting his teammates know he'd like to see the bar raised a little bit in terms of mental focus.

duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 pm

"What we can point to that shows Rodgers has arrived at being a *true leader* is when he discontinues demonstrating through his actions that he isn't one?"

Umm, we could refer to the list of accomplishments that were provided by his actions that I just listed?

"It's got to be a fucking endurance workout routine to manage all that delusion"

Right back atcha, sweetheart. Cool

By the way, since you are on such a roll, would you care to elaborate about how the Vikings just cut Tori Gurley from their practice squad?
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:38 pm

duck wrote:
HD: The bottom line is--what Rodgers did was fundamentally wrong...and serves to detract from the fabric of team... I'm not saying he should go to the other extreme and accept the blame for Jones' fuckup--but castigating him for it on national TV is a punk move made by someone who requires some redirection on their role and reevaluation of their insight...

I don't think it was a punk move. I believe it was a spontaneous gesture of exasperation...

I agree, Duck... Fine form. This, for example, isn't a steaming pile of shit--but instead an example of the beauty in nature's recycling... Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 pm

JnC4GB wrote:"What we can point to that shows Rodgers has arrived at being a *true leader* is when he discontinues demonstrating through his actions that he isn't one?"

Umm, we could refer to the list of accomplishments that were provided by his actions that I just listed?

"It's got to be a fucking endurance workout routine to manage all that delusion"

Right back atcha, sweetheart. Cool

By the way, since you are on such a roll, would you care to elaborate about how the Vikings just cut Tori Gurley from their practice squad?

Maybe he cage-diddled Zygmunt's pet igwana before the 'munt had time to set up the tripod? How the fuck do I know? Laughing

Takes nothing from the argument that a low-cost player with an upside future was sacrificed for a high-cost player with none...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:

I don't think it was a punk move. I believe it was a spontaneous gesture of exasperation...

I agree, Duck... Fine form. This, for example, isn't a steaming pile of shit--but instead an example of the beauty in nature's recycling... Laughing

What's that? Take out from Tinucci's?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:14 pm

See Duck? All it took was putting some green in the hand of Randy's favorite charity for you two love birds to right the ship... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 pm

James Jones has no problem with Rodgers on his case

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
In Chicago, they’re still talking about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s dust-up with his offensive line.

In Green Bay, it’s less tense, because [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has no problem with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] airing him out.

Rodgers barked at Jones for a mistaken route that led to an interception, but Jones had no problem with it.

“Me and A-Rod are way closer than that, man, to let something like that come in between us,” Jones said, via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com.

“We’re out there trying to win the ball game. It was my fault. I gave him mixed signals. I mean, we’re all emotional out there, man. It’s common, man. We do a lot of head gestures and stuff like that, the camera may not just be on us. Me and him, we’re both competitive, we’re trying to win. It was my fault. We don’t ever want to turn the ball over. I’m not mad at him. Shoot, we’re trying to win, man. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].”

Jones said Rodgers’ scolding was no different than from a parent to a misbehaving child.

“I’m sure a lot of people here got kids, right? Your kids do something wrong, you yell at them every once and a while,” Jones said. “You tell them, ‘You can’t do that. Don’t go back by that outlet. You do it again, Daddy [is] gonna pop you.’ That’s all it is.

LOL! Jeezuz... Hmmm...I may need to add that line to the repertoire... Laughing

“We’re a family out there. Sometimes we argue, sometimes that stuff is going to happen. Like I said, it was my fault, …”

Jones said Rodgers apologized to him, but he didn’t think it was necessary.

“Yeah, we talked. He apologized, said he’s sorry for showing his emotions. But I was like, ‘Ain’t no need to apologize. We’re trying to win. I messed up. Frustration happens,’” Jones said. “It’s all good. No love lost. We’re teammates. We’re family in here. Like I said, everybody is trying to win.”

As we said Saturday, the difference in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (and his success) is the reason he’s viewed so differently than Cutler.

He apologized, Duck...so you may be alone (except for possibly Milani) in your belief that what Rodgers did was just fine. Apologies represent the admission that you have wronged someone--are sorry for it, and presumably offer the expectation that you will not do it again. We shall see. Talk is cheap. Two things are clear, however. James Jones' parents subscribe to the theory that if you spare the rod--you spoil the child...and Jones himself has handled this whole incident with the utmost of class... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 am

JnC: By the way, since you are on such a roll, would you care to elaborate about how the Vikings just cut Tori Gurley from their practice squad?

Ka-Ching. Score one for JnC!
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 am

_HD_ wrote:I don't think it was a punk move. I believe it was a spontaneous gesture of exasperation...

See Duck? All it took was putting some green in the hand of Randy's favorite charity for you two love birds to right the ship... Very Happy

Yeah, it's funny how a piece of shit just sings Randy Moss' name.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:13 am

_HD_ wrote:James Jones has no problem with Rodgers on his case

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
In Chicago, they’re still talking about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]’s dust-up with his offensive line.

In Green Bay, it’s less tense, because [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has no problem with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] airing him out.

Rodgers barked at Jones for a mistaken route that led to an interception, but Jones had no problem with it.

“Me and A-Rod are way closer than that, man, to let something like that come in between us,” Jones said, via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com.

“We’re out there trying to win the ball game. It was my fault. I gave him mixed signals. I mean, we’re all emotional out there, man. It’s common, man. We do a lot of head gestures and stuff like that, the camera may not just be on us. Me and him, we’re both competitive, we’re trying to win. It was my fault. We don’t ever want to turn the ball over. I’m not mad at him. Shoot, we’re trying to win, man. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].”

Jones said Rodgers’ scolding was no different than from a parent to a misbehaving child.

“I’m sure a lot of people here got kids, right? Your kids do something wrong, you yell at them every once and a while,” Jones said. “You tell them, ‘You can’t do that. Don’t go back by that outlet. You do it again, Daddy [is] gonna pop you.’ That’s all it is.

LOL! Jeezuz... Hmmm...I may need to add that line to the repertoire... Laughing

“We’re a family out there. Sometimes we argue, sometimes that stuff is going to happen. Like I said, it was my fault, …”

Jones said Rodgers apologized to him, but he didn’t think it was necessary.

“Yeah, we talked. He apologized, said he’s sorry for showing his emotions. But I was like, ‘Ain’t no need to apologize. We’re trying to win. I messed up. Frustration happens,’” Jones said. “It’s all good. No love lost. We’re teammates. We’re family in here. Like I said, everybody is trying to win.”

As we said Saturday, the difference in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (and his success) is the reason he’s viewed so differently than Cutler.

He apologized, Duck...so you may be alone (except for possibly Milani) in your belief that what Rodgers did was just fine. Apologies represent the admission that you have wronged someone--are sorry for it, and presumably offer the expectation that you will not do it again. We shall see. Talk is cheap. Two things are clear, however. James Jones' parents subscribe to the theory that if you spare the rod--you spoil the child...and Jones himself has handled this whole incident with the utmost of class... Very Happy

Well, I think this article, while speaking well for James Jones, is hardly and indictment against Rodgers. You suggest that Rodgers apology was an admission of wrong but I maintain it was essentially a diplomatic gesture and an effort in team bonding.

Interestingly, I've read a couple other articles about this and they all support Rodgers outburst. The notion is that when guys like Manning, Brady, Marino and Michael Jordan call out their teammates, it's okay because they've earned their teammates' respect. Conversely, there is a double standard, and when a guy like Cutler does something similar, it backfires because he does NOT have their respect.

As I said, I am not particularly supporting nor denouncing Rodgers' actions. In fact if it happens on a regular basis, it is not a good thing. However, what happened this one time is really no big deal... especially if Jones is fine with it.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down