Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recently read this

4 posters

Go down

recently read this  Empty recently read this

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

recently read this  Empty Just read this

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm

There are people on this board that disdain anyone imagining TT picking up someone via free agency. Best most recent example is th Tony Gonzales episode. Coulda had Tony and maybe those dropped passes would have been caught instead. Just one example. Hard to believe a healthy Kampman could not have helped the Packers late last season too. Bringing in Mario Williams makes sense to me. We also need a replacement for Collins and a real running back. GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

recently read this  Empty reply people

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:12 pm

yes very true because Collins if he do come back will at least be a another year or two from playing and who's to say he won't have shell shock or freeze up when he's about to make a hit and worry if he might break his neck again or get paralyzed Question

Back to top Go down

recently read this  Empty Re: recently read this

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:49 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:There are people on this board that disdain anyone imagining TT picking up someone via free agency. Best most recent example is th Tony Gonzales episode. Coulda had Tony and maybe those dropped passes would have been caught instead. Just one example. Hard to believe a healthy Kampman could not have helped the Packers late last season too. Bringing in Mario Williams makes sense to me. We also need a replacement for Collins and a real running back. GO PACKERs

<G> Jeezus Ringo... I'd prescribe something but there ain't no cure for stupid. Shocked To gain any reasonable value from what he would have been required to be paid...it would have been a necessity to keep the best young TE prospect the league has seen in the past 5 years off the field...and Kampman? Are you fucking kidding me? I said it the day the team shifted to a 34--he's a fish out of water...and his injury history in a 43 since then has done nothing but compound the wisdom in letting him walk...

<G> I'm going to have to bitch slap you if I have to be exposed to anything more in the way of this fucking idiocy from you... If I wanted to be exposed to pinheads--I'd go to the sewing center and retreat to the back room to be sucked off by some bitch who comes from central casting as Ma Walton... As you would say--time for a colon blow, jacktard... Cool

Back to top Go down

recently read this  Empty recently read this

Post by RingoCStarrQB Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Good to see all cylinders are firing on this board for you HD. And I really mean that. I knew TG and AK would rile your vigor.........(bile your rigor maybe too LOL LOL LOL LOL).

Where are the buddies MBergamo, Milani, NJ, PackerChicky, MrEd, Old Timer, etc? This board needs an awakening.

Just pisses me off the Packers lost to the Cardinals via a fumble by Rodgers........and then the dang 4 TOs and 8 drops. Both in the spotlight. Starting to feel like Favre all over again. Majik...........where are you Majik?

Hey.....Dickey Theisman 48-47 made the top ten QB battles ever, as did the Rodgers-Warner playoff game. Number one was Marino-O Brien....go figahhhhhhhh!

Any serious thoughts about Mario Williams? Interesting.......as messed up as the Skins are they were ranked 24th or 25th as far as being under the cap.

GO PACK GO

RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Good to see all cylinders are firing on this board for you HD. And I really mean that. I knew TG and AK would rile your vigor.........(bile your rigor maybe too LOL LOL LOL LOL).

Where are the buddies MBergamo, Milani, NJ, PackerChicky, MrEd, Old Timer, etc? This board needs an awakening.

Just pisses me off the Packers lost to the Cardinals via a fumble by Rodgers........and then the dang 4 TOs and 8 drops. Both in the spotlight. Starting to feel like Favre all over again. Majik...........where are you Majik?

Hey.....Dickey Theisman 48-47 made the top ten QB battles ever, as did the Rodgers-Warner playoff game. Number one was Marino-O Brien....go figahhhhhhhh!

Any serious thoughts about Mario Williams? Interesting.......as messed up as the Skins are they were ranked 24th or 25th as far as being under the cap.

Mario Williams is an interesting prospect that someone elase brought up as well... Could he help the Pack--considering the void they suffer on that end? No question. As always--it's a value proposition. What would it cost in hard dollars? What would it cost in soft dollars. Finally--what is the opportunity cost in the sacrifice of the value in developing a younger--FAR cheaper prospect there--and the added value to the team where that cap allocation could go in other personnel upgrades?...

By the start of next season, Mario will be 28 years old--the prime of age gets prime... He is however coming off a torn pec that placed him on IR last season. Notwithstanding that risk--he's a bonafide elite 34 outside 'backer. He'd be such an immediate upgrade to the Packers--it's hard to measure because it is not only what he brings to the table wuith his individual capabilities...but what respect for his individual capabilities forces the opposing D coordinator to doing with his schemes... Bottom line: Both Clay Matthews and BJ Raji get 20% better just by having this fucker trot his ass on to the field...

The bottom line is this: If there is a time for TT to live a night of adventure in his fucking boring life--this is the first time since Peppers came available to swing the rod and make some new friends... The window is open to complete the puzzle with the obvious lacking pieces before the rest of the pieces get byond their freshness date. Unless the bidding gets crazy--Williams makes every sense for an astute GM sitting where TT is--to pull the trigger and make the biggest FA acquisition he has since Charles Woodson... Very Happy

GO PACK GO

Back to top Go down

recently read this  Empty RECENTLY READ THIS

Post by duck Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

delete

Last edited by duck on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate post)
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

recently read this  Empty RECENTLY READ THIS

Post by duck Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 pm

I have two points regarding TT going after Mario Williams in free agency.

1) It ain't gonna happen. I could see TT going after a lower profile free agent but a big fish? No way. As we have discussed over and over, TT is constitutionally incapable of pulling off anything even remotely resembling the Reggie White signing.

2) Having said that, like you guys, I agree there are some legitimate reasons for considering him. In addition to everything that has already been pointed out, I personally feel that defensive linemen are worth more to a defense than other positions, just as a QB has more value to the offense than any other position. It all starts on the line. If you have good D-linemen who are stout against the run and can get a push on the pocket, it makes life easier for the rest of the defense. Everyone else can focus on their job and the defensive coordinator isn't forced to gamble and send more blitzers. Look at the Giants 2011 defense, or the Packer Super Bowl defenses with Reggie White and Gilbert Brown. Heck, even look at the Packer 2010 defense with Cullen Jenkins. Another analogy is that a Cullen Jenkins can make a Sam Shields look like an all pro, but a Charles Woodson cannot cannot even make a Mike Neal look like a legitimate player. That pretty much tells you which position is the dog and which is the tail.

TT is surely aware of Green Bay's desperate need at this position, but I expect him to look for answers in the draft. If he scores a good one, I will be happier than I would be with him signing Williams or some other FA. Young talent with a greater shelf line and at a better price would be the best case scenario. However, if TT picks up another bum like Harrell or Neal and the Pack has to go through another season with a gaping hole in the center of its defense, I will be pissed.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 am

Mario Williams price tag makes him not worthy of even thinking about.

0.0 chance of him coming to Green Bay.

Move on people, nothing to see here.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am

JnC4GB wrote:Mario Williams price tag makes him not worthy of even thinking about.

<G> Yup--that's the very *head buried in the sand* approach TT took with regard to Cullen Jenkins. Problem is--reality took another path--and the old man proved too stiff to not let the tail wag the dog. Rolling Eyes

Mario could actually be had I suspect--for much less by a contender like the Pack. That is--assuming the reports that he isn't stupid are true...

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 am

_HD_ wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:Mario Williams price tag makes him not worthy of even thinking about.

<G> Yup--that's the very *head buried in the sand* approach TT took with regard to Cullen Jenkins. Problem is--reality took another path--and the old man proved too stiff to not let the tail wag the dog. Rolling Eyes

Mario could actually be had I suspect--for much less by a contender like the Pack. That is--assuming the reports that he isn't stupid are true...

Speaking of Jenkins, he just re-signed with the Eagles. I guess we'll find out if Thompson did let him go only one year too soon.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down