Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A DAMN fine read

5 posters

Go down

A DAMN fine read  Empty A DAMN fine read

Post by JnC4GB Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:44 pm

A really interesting perspective that you don't get very often. I found this fascinating.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

A DAMN fine read  Empty Re: A DAMN fine read

Post by duck Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:25 pm

JnC4GB wrote:A really interesting perspective that you don't get very often. I found this fascinating.

You're right, JnC.  This was an engrossing piece.

Favre has proven to be a dick on a personal level but he was a truly great QB and -- more so -- a warrior.  It's tragic that a couple of picks are likely to define his legacy because there are infinitely many more plus marks on his ledger.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 am

One more thought on this.  Sage Rosenfels (if he indeed wrote this) is a damn fine writer.  He actually transported us to the Minnesota sideline and provided a captivating account of how the game unraveled from that perspective.

Their former punter Chris Kluwe was an excellent writer too.

WTF is this with the Vikings getting all this literary talent?  At least they're being dumbed down considerably with the addition of motor-mouth Greg Jennings.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 am

duck wrote:One more thought on this.  Sage Rosenfels (if he indeed wrote this) is a damn fine writer.  He actually transported us to the Minnesota sideline and provided a captivating account of how the game unraveled from that perspective.

WTF is this with the Vikings getting all this literary talent?  At least they're being dumbed down considerably with the addition of motor-mouth Greg Jennings.
 It must be one of their inate genetic characteristics. If you recall Mike Tice used to carry a small pencil behind his right ear so he could capture the prose of the moment during a game.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 am

duck wrote:
JnC4GB wrote:A really interesting perspective that you don't get very often. I found this fascinating.

Favre has proven to be a dick on a personal level but he was a truly great QB and -- more so -- a warrior.  It's tragic that a couple of picks are likely to define his legacy because there are infinitely many more plus marks on his ledger.
Indeed, there was a time when I respected him and admired him but after learning of his numerous affairs and how he would even go into other rooms of his home to speak with his mistresses on the phone so that his wife wouldn't hear him...he makes me sick to even look at him. No matter how great of a quarter back he may have been, now whenever I see him...I see a cheater. 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:33 am

milani wrote:
duck wrote:One more thought on this.  Sage Rosenfels (if he indeed wrote this) is a damn fine writer.  He actually transported us to the Minnesota sideline and provided a captivating account of how the game unraveled from that perspective.

It must be one of their inate genetic characteristics. If you recall Mike Tice used to carry a small pencil behind his right ear so he could capture the prose of the moment during a game.
 LOL!  The scrapper rings the bell!  What would you like, sir?  The stuffed hippo or the camel with the pretty toe?  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:

LOL!  The scrapper rings the bell!  What would you like, sir?  The stuffed hippo or the camel with the pretty toe?  Cool
 I'll stick with the Camel. Recall Paul Hornung used to do Camel cigarette commercials.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 am

CatalinaMinx wrote:
duck wrote:

Indeed, there was a time when I respected him and admired him but after learning of his numerous affairs and how he would even go into other rooms of his home to speak with his mistresses on the phone so that his wife wouldn't hear him...he makes me sick to even look at him. No matter how great of a quarter back he may have been, now whenever I see him...I see a cheater. 
 Awww, come on nah, honeh...  Dindent ya see meh ankle after the gaaaaaame?  I jus' needid a lil' mass-agge--that's allllll.  An--who gits a mass-agge witout gettin' a happeh enden??  He-ya...what's yur number, honeh?  I'm a'gonna go ahead an' text you sum pic-tures of meh junnnk an' see if that warms ya up a bit, darlin'...  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:59 pm

milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:

I'll stick with the Camel. Recall Paul Hornung used to do Camel cigarette commercials.
 Have you taken you Adderall today?  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 am

Catalina minx says;

so whats wrong with having misstresses?i live in the philippines and have many girlfriends and everytime i go get a thai massage which costs $5.00 for an hour i tip the woman a couple bucks for a slider and exchange phone numbers.

Brett just did what all us men wish we had the opportunity to do daily.Stop crying about his penis and his bitches,you dont even know what he did and didnt do and maybe his wife is a closet lesbian and he needs to get is funk on from other woman,the man is and was a hell of a football player and put the Winner back into the franchise.
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by CatalinaMinx Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:41 am

_HD_ wrote:
CatalinaMinx wrote:
duck wrote:

Awww, come on nah, honeh...  Dindent ya see meh ankle after the gaaaaaame?  I jus' needid a lil' mass-agge--that's allllll.  An--who gits a mass-agge witout gettin' a happeh enden??  He-ya...what's yur number, honeh?  I'm a'gonna go ahead an' text you sum pic-tures of meh junnnk an' see if that warms ya up a bit, darlin'...  Laughing
Well if ya gon' be textn' pics of ya junk, make shurr its gon be' sumthin' wurth textn' sugurrr.     Razz 
CatalinaMinx
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:35 am

_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
milani wrote:

Have you taken you Adderall today?  Laughing
 Is that some performance enhancer named after Herb Adderley?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down