Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give to Jerry's kids...

2 posters

Go down

Give to Jerry's kids... Empty Give to Jerry's kids...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

Jerry Jones: “It was a very significant win for the franchise”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones doesn’t want to overreact to one game, but he could hardly hide his glee on Wednesday night after his team fulfilled his prophecy that they would “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].”

Jones said the Cowboys proved their resilience in a hard-fought win over the defending champion, and he hinted that his players exceeded his expectations.

“What I didn’t say and didn’t know – would this team have the courage to play against a quality team like that, on the road, and have the courage to stay in there and win a ballgame?” Jones said. “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that we were going to fool around here, get them to get back in it. But this bunch persevered. It was a very significant win for the franchise.”

In Jones’s view, the Cowboys were far from perfect, but showed that they’re winners.

“We made a lot of mistakes against a good team that maybe should have beaten us and didn’t because this bunch played and stayed the course,” Jones said.

After his bold prediction before the season, Jones has every reason to be happy this morning. His team backed up his words.

LMAO! I said it last night after the game how, with this victory, the Cowboys can be written off for yet another season. They just won their superbowl this year--against the defending champions that played like utter shit. This will take the edge off the Cowboys focusing on their many needed areas for improvement and raise the expectations for their season sky fucking high... Love it! 'Nuther crash 'n burn 'a comin', Cleo... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Give to Jerry's kids... Empty Re: Give to Jerry's kids...

Post by duck Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:56 am

I'm not so sure, HD. I certainly can't connect to Jones' euphoria but I don't quite get your cynicism either.

Don't get me wrong. I despise Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are perhaps my least favorite team. However, I see some positives on that club. Romo, while having a penchant for the Favre-esque mistake, has great escapability and legitimate talent, and is a legit QB. Witten is a character guy who can raise the bar for the entire team. Ware is a one man wrecking crew that makes their defense dangerous. And Garrett is another young coach like Harbaugh who says all the right things and gets buy in from his players.

I just don't see the Cowboys getting too jacked from this win, as you suggest.

On the other hand, what struck me is how crappy the Giants played. Cruz with his multiple drops seemed to personify their lack of focus.

The Giants seem to do this a lot... start out shitty, play mediocre throughout much of the season, and then turn it up a notch for the playoffs. It's a nice formula if you don't stumble out of the race too early.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 am

duck wrote:I'm not so sure, HD. I certainly can't connect to Jones' euphoria but I don't quite get your cynicism either.

Don't get me wrong. I despise Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are perhaps my least favorite team. However, I see some positives on that club. Romo, while having a penchant for the Favre-esque mistake, has great escapability and legitimate talent, and is a legit QB. Witten is a character guy who can raise the bar for the entire team. Ware is a one man wrecking crew that makes their defense dangerous. And Garrett is another young coach like Harbaugh who says all the right things and gets buy in from his players.

On the other hand, what struck me is how crappy the Giants played. Cruz with his multiple drops seemed to personify their lack of focus.

The Giants seem to do this a lot... start out shitty, play mediocre throughout much of the season, and then turn it up a notch for the playoffs. It's a nice formula if you don't stumble out of the race too early.

Look deeper, Duck... Whomever coined the phrase, *lipstick on a pig* was talking about the Dallas Cowboys... Yes--Romo is an adequate QB. Yes--Ware is a stud at DE... Of course, Witten is a player any coach would give his left nut for--but go beyond that and you see a roster filled with scabs. Beyond that--the dysfunction that has been allowed to crawl up the ass of that franchise is eating it alive from the inside out... And Garrett? Really?! That's a fucking lightweight knuckleless fucker if ever I've seen one... Puppetboy elbow-deep on Jerry's--courtesy of Jimmy Johnson, ring fingered arm and everyone knows it... Not jacked up? Are you sniffing glue? He was beaming in that post-game press conference like he had just completed a week-long casting couch session with the brigade of Victoria's Secret models... Very Happy

I'll wager any amount you'd like that the Cowboys, at best, never make it beyond their first playoff game... You name the number... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Any time you can beat the defending champs the following season it's sweet euphoria. Last season only 1 team did it to us until January.

If I am the Cowboys, enjoy it, celebrate, and let Jerry share his joy with the media.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 am

milani wrote:Any time you can beat the defending champs the following season it's sweet euphoria. Last season only 1 team did it to us until January.

If I am the Cowboys, enjoy it, celebrate, and let Jerry share his joy with the media.

Spoken like a true bassactwards Milani... Any real gambler knows that you never count your winnings--until the dealin's done... Cool

Little W's are only notable to the extent that they contribute to bigger W's, my friend... A smile and a high five on your journey to collect the bigger prize. You throw down the grand feast for the little W's and no one has the appetite to sacrifice what it takes to score the big ones...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 am

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:I'm not so sure, HD. I certainly can't connect to Jones' euphoria but I don't quite get your cynicism either.

Look deeper, Duck... Whomever coined the phrase, *lipstick on a pig* was talking about the Dallas Cowboys... Yes--Romo is an adequate QB. Yes--Ware is a stud at DE... Of course, Witten is a player any coach would give his left nut for--but go beyond that and you see a roster filled with scabs. Beyond that--the dysfunction that has been allowed to crawl up the ass of that franchise is eating it alive from the inside out... And Garrett? Really?! That's a fucking lightweight knuckleless fucker if ever I've seen one... Puppetboy elbow-deep on Jerry's--courtesy of Jimmy Johnson, ring fingered arm and everyone knows it... Not jacked up? Are you sniffing glue? He was beaming in that post-game press conference like he had just completed a week-long casting couch session with the brigade of Victoria's Secret models... Very Happy

I'll wager any amount you'd like that the Cowboys, at best, never make it beyond their first playoff game... You name the number... Cool

Whoa! Slow down there, Sparky! Let me repeat that all I was saying is that as much as I detest the Cowboys, I don't see them spinning off to a dizzying self-destruction after their opening win. I don't see them doing squat in the playoffs either -- that is, if they even make the playoffs. Personally, I have Philly pencilled in as the winner of that division with the Cowboys and G-Men battling for a wild card.

I'm not sure of my read on Garrett yet either. He's probably, as you say, just a yes man for Jerruh... but I thought, even for a puppet, he possessed a reasonable media presence and displayed a solid understanding of the game. As a player he was a classic overachiever and if he applies that work ethic to his coaching job, he may end up being decent. It doesn't matter how he comes across to us as long as he gets buy in from his players. Remember, as we both agree, it's a small field not exactly dominated by geniuses. Give him a chance.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:12 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Whoa! Slow down there, Sparky! Let me repeat that all I was saying is that as much as I detest the Cowboys, I don't see them spinning off to a dizzying self-destruction after their opening win. I don't see them doing squat in the playoffs either -- that is, if they even make the playoffs. Personally, I have Philly pencilled in as the winner of that division with the Cowboys and G-Men battling for a wild card.

I'm not sure of my read on Garrett yet either. He's probably, as you say, just a yes man for Jerruh... but I thought, even for a puppet, he possessed a reasonable media presence and displayed a solid understanding of the game. As a player he was a classic overachiever and if he applies that work ethic to his coaching job, he may end up being decent. It doesn't matter how he comes across to us as long as he gets buy in from his players. Remember, as we both agree, it's a small field not exactly dominated by geniuses. Give him a chance.

Take a good look at this guy, Duck... Need I say more? LOL.

Here--just to save time, let me give you a little pointer... I can live with the bleached teeth...but any man who spray tans has some serious shortcomings--if you're trackin' what I'm sayin'. Laughing This little peckerwood was hand-selected by Jones because he is the preeminant brown-noser extraordinaire...and that's what gives Jerry the tingles in all the right places...just like the clip during Weds night's game when Jerry was seen in his seat taking his glasses off and handing them to his son-in-law--who promptly took out a hankerchief and dutifully cleaned them for him before handing them back... LMAO! Are you fuckin' jackin' me?! I would have taken them and in turn randomly handed them to someone sitting behind me--requesting that they take them for a couple laps around the track up their ass before handing them back to Jerry to see if he considered the smeary look an improvement... Twisted Evil I mean--seriously--WTF?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Give to Jerry's kids... Empty Celebrate

Post by milani Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm

[quote="_HD_"]
milani wrote:Any time you can beat the defending champs the following season it's sweet euphoria. Last season only 1 team did it to us until January.

Spoken like a true bassactwards Milani... Any real gambler knows that you never count your winnings--until the dealin's done... Cool

Little W's are only notable to the extent that they contribute to bigger W's, my friend... A smile and a high five on your journey to collect the bigger prize. You throw down the grand feast for the little W's and no one has the appetite to sacrifice what it takes to score the big ones

How bout them Cowboys!

Wouldn't it be nice if we can celebrate Sunday night, too?
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Take a good look at this guy, Duck... Need I say more? LOL.

Here--just to save time, let me give you a little pointer... I can live with the bleached teeth...but any man who spray tans has some serious shortcomings--if you're trackin' what I'm sayin'. Laughing This little peckerwood was hand-selected by Jones because he is the preeminant brown-noser extraordinaire...and that's what gives Jerry the tingles in all the right places...just like the clip during Weds night's game when Jerry was seen in his seat taking his glasses off and handing them to his son-in-law--who promptly took out a hankerchief and dutifully cleaned them for him before handing them back... LMAO! Are you fuckin' jackin' me?! I would have taken them and in turn randomly handed them to someone sitting behind me--requesting that they take them for a couple laps around the track up their ass before handing them back to Jerry to see if he considered the smeary look an improvement... Twisted Evil I mean--seriously--WTF?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah, I know he's a red-headed Joe Buck... but I'm not willing to write him off just yet. I don't exactly know why, but I just have a hunch he could be a capable leader for the Cowboys. Call it intuition.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:17 pm

duck wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

See Duck? Puppet boy. Thor could hungerly put a squeeze on his sack and what you'd see is a puff of mold spores--like from a fucking mushroom in the forest... LOL Who would tolerate this unending undermining from the owner? I'll tell you--not anyone who feels like they were built on anything rock-solid... If Garrett had any nuts whatsoever--he'd respond to this with a letter of resignation--hand it to Jerry and say, *I'm in a redundant role here. You're wasting your money with me. You've obviously already got the head coaching position covered...so I'll just move on. Good luck--Pops... Wink

Garrett considering replacing Felix, but Jerry says no

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 18, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was leapfrogged by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for running back touches, and it sounded like he might be on the verge of losing a return job as well.

But it apparently helps having friends in the alumni association.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday that he’d consider other “[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]” after a fumble on the opening kickoff in Seattle underlined a lack of performance.

“Line 1 in returning the football in the NFL for me is ball security,” Garrett said.

But the elder and more important Jones said Tuesday his fellow former Arkansas Razorback was fine, and that he remained confident in him as a returner.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” the owner said on KRLD-FM, via ESPNDallas.com. “So I feel like we’re in good shape. But that’s it on that. Move on.”

But then he went on.

“I don’t know about that,” he said about the possibility of replacing a returner who ranks 23rd in the league. “I think we saw him be quick at practice last week. I think we need to give him a little more room out there.

“Felix has returned a lot of kickoffs in his time – All-American twice in college as a kickoff returner. We have over the years been reluctant to use him as a kickoff returner because we didn’t want to risk injury, but we’ve decided this year to use him as a kickoff returner. He should be a great asset for us. That’s the way it remains.”

Hopefully one of the options Garrett was considering was washing glasses, because it sounds like this decision’s been made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down