Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spot on...

3 posters

Go down

Spot on... Empty Spot on...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 am

McGinn gets it... Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Spot on... Empty Re: Spot on...

Post by MB20 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 pm

_HD_ wrote:McGinn gets it... Wink

He articulates the Packers' possible struggles well. This year is likely to be a step backwards. Hoping this team can find itself later in the season like they did in '10, but I sense a vulnerability that wasn't here the past couple of seasons.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 pm

MB20 wrote:

He articulates the Packers' possible struggles well. This year is likely to be a step backwards. Hoping this team can find itself later in the season like they did in '10, but I sense a vulnerability that wasn't here the past couple of seasons.

Yup--that D is going to struggle early in the season before it can (hopefully) find it's identity...and I'm far from sold on Newhouse protecting the franchise at LT...

The other major situation on the D is the fact that both Raji and Pickett are hobbled by leg injuries... 340+ pound men don't tend to recover quickly from leg injuries...and often are compromised by them throughout an entire season. Now take away Bishop...and I just don't see a D there on paper that is likely to perform any better than last season's bad joke...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:57 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:

Yup--that D is going to struggle early in the season before it can (hopefully) find it's identity...and I'm far from sold on Newhouse protecting the franchise at LT...

The other major situation on the D is the fact that both Raji and Pickett are hobbled by leg injuries... 340+ pound men don't tend to recover quickly from leg injuries...and often are compromised by them throughout an entire season. Now take away Bishop...and I just don't see a D there on paper that is likely to perform any better than last season's bad joke...

IN TED WE TRUST
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am

My take? I'd like to see the Packers in action against the Niners before I get too excited either way. I just don't think you can draw too many conclusions based on the hodge podge of preseason.

I thought the article had many sound points and I also agree that the defense will be a work in progress... but there's nothing like that first reality check in game one when the real bullets are flying to give you a good read on your team.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Pack struggle and lose to a highly-motivated up-and-coming team like the Niners. After all, as JnC says, they're due.

On the other hand, it wouldn't shock me either to see the Packers quickly dispatch them by three TDs in a workmanlike effort.

I'm looking forward to getting the first glimpse of the 2012 Packers.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down