Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browns cut QB.

3 posters

Go down

Browns cut QB.  Empty Browns cut QB.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 pm

The Browns cut QB S. Wallace today, McCoy will be the backup for now.

Back to top Go down

Browns cut QB.  Empty Re: Browns cut QB.

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Dmounts wrote:The Browns cut QB S. Wallace today, McCoy will be the backup for now.
It was the right pick, you all know how I feel about McCoy ( McThud) but anyone that thinks Wallace would have been the better choice clearly has no clue, I have always said that it take a QB at least 5 years before you can make a call on how he will turn out and the NFL has changed so much over the past 10 years as far as QB's carrying around the notebook and learning, McCoy along with many other QB's have been thrown into the fire right away because a few QB's have come right out of college and did a damn good job that most NFL teams now expect lightning to strike with every 1st round pick and it just isnt going to happen, QB is the toughest position to learn and you just cant give up after 3 or 4 years but Wallace has been a QB for the past 7 or 8, his first few was as a WR so he has had those years to learn, as I have said I wasnt a fan of the Browns drafting McCoy from the start but again he was the right choice over Wallace. BTW, even though I said it takes most QB's at least 5 years to figure it out and in the past most have sat the bench carrying the notebook, well that just dont go with Weeden unless he is a Favre,Moon or Warner type, those guys are few and far between and I just dont think the Browns have the scouts or front office to know that kind of talent when they se it, but time will tell when Weeden is on his 5th year and I THINK he is debating on what he is going to do after he has milked the Browns for his millions and bought that rocking chair, I still say the Browns have to draft a QB in 2013, WHAT A FREAKING WAIST OF PICKS, but that has been par for the course since 99.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:08 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:
Dmounts wrote:The Browns cut QB S. Wallace today, McCoy will be the backup for now.
It was the right pick, you all know how I feel about McCoy ( McThud) but anyone that thinks Wallace would have been the better choice clearly has no clue, I have always said that it take a QB at least 5 years before you can make a call on how he will turn out and the NFL has changed so much over the past 10 years as far as QB carrying around the notebook and learning, McCoy along with many other QBs have been thrown into the fire right away because a few QBs have come right out of college and did a damn good job that most NFL teams now expect lightning to strike with every 1st round pick and it just isn't going to happen, QB is the toughest position to learn and you just cant give up after 3 or 4 years but Wallace has been a QB for the past 7 or 8, his first few was as a WR so he has had those years to learn, as I have said I wasn't a fan of the Browns drafting McCoy from the start but again he was the right choice over Wallace. BTW, even though I said it takes most QBs at least 5 years to figure it out and in the past most have sat the bench carrying the notebook, well that just don't go with Weeden unless he is a Favre,Moon or Warner type, those guys are few and far between and I just don't think the Browns have the scouts or front office to know that kind of talent when they see it, but time will tell when Weed is on his 5th year and I THINK he is debating on what he is going to do after he has milked the Browns for his millions and bought that rocking chair, I still say the Browns have to draft a QB in 2013, WHAT A FREAKING WAIST OF PICKS, but that has been par for the course since 99.

He was our Back up forever. Seneca is a back up....that's it! Finally...we hit pay dirt in a 3rd rounder. Wilson is the real deal in seattle. We moved on....cleveland is as well...
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm

QB's as do coaches have to have talent around them to win. The Browns have to understand that. NO premier wide outs, old used up, or 2nd tier tight ends, will do anything to help that cause. Picking running backs that have leg and or head problems will also keep a team down. The Browns went from one of the oldest teams in the NFL to one of the youngest. Somewhere somehow they have to understand that a good mix of veterans and youngsters has always been a winning combination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Browns waived or released WR Josh Cooper, DT Brian Schaefering, S David Sims, CB James Dockery, WR Rod Windsor, G Jarrod Shaw, DL William Green, DL Ronnie Cameron and LB Ben Jacobs TE Evan Moore TE Dan Gronkowski.

I thought Sims would make the team. He had a good camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 am

Dmounts wrote:Browns waived or released WR Josh Cooper, DT Brian Schaefering, S David Sims, CB James Dockery, WR Rod Windsor, G Jarrod Shaw, DL William Green, DL Ronnie Cameron and LB Ben Jacobs TE Evan Moore TE Dan Gronkowski.

I thought Sims would make the team. He had a good camp.

Evan Moore had good hands, they would never throw to him though. Sims also deserved to stay.
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down