Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats Graham!!

+2
duck
JnC4GB
6 posters

Go down

Congrats Graham!!  Empty Congrats Graham!!

Post by JnC4GB Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Congrats Graham on finally looking like a genuine NFL back up QB. :/
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Congrats Graham!!  Empty Re: Congrats Graham!!

Post by duck Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Yeah, nice game... I was genuinely impressed, especially after he looked like shit earlier in the preseason. From what I've heard, the coaching staff and his teammates all believed in him. That means more than the opinion of a few fans who have just seen him play a couple of times on TV.

You know what's even weirder? Neal looked pretty good too. WTF??

What is TT going to do with the receiver situation? All three of the young guys on the bubble had their moments. IMHO, the only logical decision would be to dump Driver, put one or two of them on the roster and try to stash the third on the practice team. The forfeited opportunity cost of keeping Driver just got higher and higher.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:42 am

It'll be great if he does pan out as the back up. Flynn is apparently now going to be a high paid backup in Seattle. They are going with that rookie.

Last edited by Tiberius on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiberius
Tiberius

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 am

duck wrote:Yeah, nice game... I was genuinely impressed, especially after he looked like shit earlier in the preseason. From what I've heard, the coaching staff and his teammates all believed in him. That means more than the opinion of a few fans who have just seen him play a couple of times on TV.

What is TT going to do with the receiver situation? All three of the young guys on the bubble had their moments. IMHO, the only logical decision would be to dump Driver, put one or two of them on the roster and try to stash the third on the practice team. The forfeited opportunity cost of keeping Driver just got higher and higher.

In an ideal world, he'd cut Driver, keep Boykins, try to trade Gurley and/or Borel, and PS either of them if he can't trade them. I love DD, but it's time. They're fools if they keep him around for one more year.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 am

MB20 wrote:
duck wrote:Yeah, nice game... I was genuinely impressed, especially after he looked like shit earlier in the preseason. From what I've heard, the coaching staff and his teammates all believed in him. That means more than the opinion of a few fans who have just seen him play a couple of times on TV.

In an ideal world, he'd cut Driver, keep Boykins, try to trade Gurley and/or Borel, and PS either of them if he can't trade them. I love DD, but it's time. They're fools if they keep him around for one more year.

There's a rumor (on Cheesehead TV) that Miami may try to trade for James Jones. I would be good with that too, especially if we get a decent draft pick for him.

Driver or Jones, I don't care. We just need to find room on the roster for these young guys.

And yeah, Driver is one of my favorite players too.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:20 am

Should TT still look for an old has been veteran at QB or stick with Harrell all the way? I like what I saw last night but no way do I see Harrell being able to continue our season if the worst happens to #12. I still see him as a more experienced version of T.J. Rubley.

As for Driver it is a difficult one. Sentiments say he is a life long Packer and we should let him go out his way. He was by far the only one who came to play in that debacle last January and when the game is on the line and we need a 3rd down play I still trust him over anyone I've seen this summer. But getting a receiver who could be more of an asset on special teams would be a plus. If I felt better about our offensive line I'd lean that way. But ARod is going to need more help this season from his receivers in that he may be running for his life more.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Man it is ever awesome to see Sherman again LOL LOL LOL LOL. GO PACKERs

Oh by the way........keep Driver and if these other young WRs are really so damn good then go ahead and let Jones go. Or see if they can play cornerback.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Congrats Graham!!  Empty Graham Cracker

Post by milani Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm

[quote="RingoCStarrQB"]Man it is ever awesome to see Sherman again LOL LOL LOL LOL. GO PACKERs

Well, if our season turns sour I can always watch Dolphin games. He's got his work cut out for him this year. No receivers, No RBs, No QB. TT might just send him some outdated stock for more of those Dolphin draft picks.

milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:57 pm

I keep hearing Philbin wants James Jones. Jones is okay, but I'd rather go with a younger guy and give TT a mid round draft pick to play with.

Let Sherman play with his schwanstuker
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down