Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, about Graham Harrell...

4 posters

Go down

So, about Graham Harrell... Empty So, about Graham Harrell...

Post by MB20 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm glad he's gone. Should Rodgers go down for a game or two, depending on the schedule, I think Young actually gives us a puncher's chance of winning one or both games. Harrell, not so much, obviously.

It's not the 2 years on the PS that bother me so much (although apparently that was a waste, too), but that TT and MM saw fit to promote him to the active roster last year and have him as the #2. Clearly, he wasn't any more talented last year than he was this year, and I don't understand why they were so cavalier about having an utter stiff in such a (potentially) critical position. I find that pretty alarming. I mean, he might have picked up the offense mentally, but guys don't just develop the physical tools to be able to successfully execute out of nowhere. 

Then, there's the fact that TT and MM weren't concerned enough to do anything about this situation until about 3 weeks ago. After all that time, you'd have thought that those two were astute enough to realize that they had a guy on their hands whose ceiling was a poor man's Matt Flynn and whose floor was a cart pusher at the local Piggly Wiggly long before they apparently did realize it. 

And that's not even mentioning all the time and reps invested in this guy. 3+ seasons of developing, and this is what came of it? What an enormous misallocation of time and resources. 

It just worries me that two guys who basically were willing to change so much to make the team a champion again have been so slow to react on such an important position (kind of like the kicking situation). 

Speaking of the kicking situation, apparently they brought in a third kicker. But as of yet, they haven't been able to bring themselves to cut Crosby loose. 

Weird shit IMO.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

So, about Graham Harrell... Empty Re: So, about Graham Harrell...

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Sure is weird MB.  It's like TT is all stressed out and babbling away ........ where is/was the intellect?  All we can do is hope this new D (with Capers still pulling the strings) can stop opposing offenses enough to overcome our kicking game weakness and potential offensive line weakness.......and #4/#5 WR weakness.   This all assumes of course that McCarthy is always on his A-game calling the plays which is not a proper assumption.

Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Zach Ramirez, Portland State is the 3rd kicker. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Packers announced Sunday morning they have added kicker Zach Ramirez to the roster.Ramirez, a rookie, kicked at Portland State was was named the NCAA FCS level's best kicker in his junior year of 2011. A knee injury sidelined him for much of his 2012 senior season.

Here is the FCS top team list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But then again Chester Marcol came from a no-name school. 

Maybe we should all root for Zach!!!!!!!
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm

I guess 3 feet are better than one.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:38 pm

MB20 wrote:I'm glad he's gone. Should Rodgers go down for a game or two, depending on the schedule, I think Young actually gives us a puncher's chance of winning one or both games. Harrell, not so much, obviously.

It's not the 2 years on the PS that bother me so much (although apparently that was a waste, too), but that TT and MM saw fit to promote him to the active roster last year and have him as the #2. Clearly, he wasn't any more talented last year than he was this year, and I don't understand why they were so cavalier about having an utter stiff in such a (potentially) critical position. I find that pretty alarming. I mean, he might have picked up the offense mentally, but guys don't just develop the physical tools to be able to successfully execute out of nowhere. 

Then, there's the fact that TT and MM weren't concerned enough to do anything about this situation until about 3 weeks ago. After all that time, you'd have thought that those two were astute enough to realize that they had a guy on their hands whose ceiling was a poor man's Matt Flynn and whose floor was a cart pusher at the local Piggly Wiggly long before they apparently did realize it. 

And that's not even mentioning all the time and reps invested in this guy. 3+ seasons of developing, and this is what came of it? What an enormous misallocation of time and resources. 

It just worries me that two guys who basically were willing to change so much to make the team a champion again have been so slow to react on such an important position (kind of like the kicking situation). 

Speaking of the kicking situation, apparently they brought in a third kicker. But as of yet, they haven't been able to bring themselves to cut Crosby loose. 

Weird shit IMO.

It is weird, MB.  I don't really know what to make of it, other than the fact that I'm glad Harrell's gone and I am liking Young more and more.  Finally we have a legit back up, even if it's ridiculously and perilously late.

Who the fuck knows what's going on with the kickers.  All I know is that I'm done with Crosby.  He's a head case.  Even though he might make 20 FGs in a row, if it came down to him making a 35-yarder to win a playoff game, I'd pee my pants.  He's like a dog that's bitten several people... he should be put down.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Our old pal Zombo got nailed with a personal foul last night by knocking the helmet off the Steelers back up QB.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Wait a minute.....don't we play the Chiefs next week?
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:39 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Wait a minute.....don't we play the Chiefs next week?
That means Frank will be going after BJ Coleman.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 pm

milani wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:Wait a minute.....don't we play the Chiefs next week?
That means Frank will be going after BJ Coleman.
We'll see quite a bit of Vince Young I imagine too.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down