Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news/bad news...

+5
JnC4GB
milani
RingoCStarrQB
duck
MB20
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good news/bad news... Empty Good news/bad news...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 pm

So-- Here it is: Obama will not win re-election...so we'll find the economy finally start to grow next year...but, on the downside, the Packers will have a disappointing season this year. You heard it first, bitchez... Cool

Back to top Go down

Good news/bad news... Empty Re: Good news/bad news...

Post by MB20 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:02 pm

_HD_ wrote:So-- Here it is: Obama will not win re-election...so we'll find the economy finally start to grow next year...but, on the downside, the Packers will have a disappointing season this year. You heard it first, bitchez... Cool

So... Mitt Romney is going to not only win office but also revive the economy? As if any president (much less that dolt) has the power and smarts to revive the economy? The only thing these fuckwits are smart enough to do is shit on people for their own gain and do what their billionaire bosses tell them to do.

You're a smart guy who says very silly things sometimes

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:So-- Here it is: Obama will not win re-election...so we'll find the economy finally start to grow next year...but, on the downside, the Packers will have a disappointing season this year. You heard it first, bitchez... Cool

So... Mitt Romney is going to not only win office but also revive the economy? As if any president (much less that dolt) has the power and smarts to revive the economy? The only thing these fuckwits are smart enough to do is shit on people for their own gain and do what their billionaire bosses tell them to do.

LOL! Curb the crazies, compadre... You're swallowing too many of your bitter pills, my friend...

I've been hearing it from CEO after CEO for the better part of the last year... Corporations are sitting on a fuckwad of cash--waiting for the outcome of this election. It isn't so much Obama -vs- Romney to them... It's about a president with clearly failed economic policies--and thus the expectation for more/same should Obama be re-elected -vs- someone new who, although politically moderate, is generally pro-business and AT LEAST REPRESENTS THE POSSIBILITY to govern under the prevalence of economic vitality... Remember what happened after Reagan took over after Carter? It's called HOPE, my friend... That's about all there is in play in this election--hope -vs- little hope...

With hope will come these CEO's investing in their businesses again...that means EMPLOYMENT...that means GROWTH. That means equity appreciation. The cash out there that is being sat on is SICK. Obama likely means 4 more years of uncertainty...and uncertainly in corporate america means not taking chances...not taking risks...general malaise... That's what we've been living...and that's a big part of why you have become so bitter and disinfranchised... You're not alone, eh? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:16 am

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:

LOL! Curb the crazies, compadre... You're swallowing too many of your bitter pills, my friend...

I've been hearing it from CEO after CEO for the better part of the last year... Corporations are sitting on a fuckwad of cash--waiting for the outcome of this election. It isn't so much Obama -vs- Romney to them... It's about a president with clearly failed economic policies--and thus the expectation for more/same should Obama be re-elected -vs- someone new who, although politically moderate, is generally pro-business and AT LEAST REPRESENTS THE POSSIBILITY to govern under the prevalence of economic vitality... Remember what happened after Reagan took over after Carter? It's called HOPE, my friend... That's about all there is in play in this election--hope -vs- little hope...

With hope will come these CEO's investing in their businesses again...that means EMPLOYMENT...that means GROWTH. That means equity appreciation. The cash out there that is being sat on is SICK. Obama likely means 4 more years of uncertainty...and uncertainly in corporate america means not taking chances...not taking risks...general malaise... That's what we've been living...and that's a big part of why you have become so bitter and disinfranchised... You're not alone, eh? Wink

I don't consider myself either bitter or disenfranchised. I like my life- I don't set the world on fire, don't profess to, but I do well enough. I just call shit as I see it.

But, really- Mitt Fucking Romney is cause for hope? Maybe it's because I don't have CEO glasses to put on, but I don't look at Romney and see optimism. I see another privileged, sociopath dick who is going to be more of the same-as-it-ever-was. Obama's policies have been an abject failure because, well, he's just another president. That's what presidents do- fail. Romney might be a new face, but he isn't no shining fucking star. He's another pretender. Don't kid yourself. He couldn't even beat out Al Davis' long-lost undead brother McCain for the nomination last time around. That's how bright and innovative his ideas are.

The irony, however, of a conservative putting his money on "hope" tickles my funny bone Laughing Magic sparkle ponies FTW!

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Well, you guys know my cynicism about politics so I won't invest much in this discussion other than to say Obama has been a disappointment and Romney is an ass. Our problems lie much deeper than whichever of these two politicians are elected. And I use the term "politician" with all the contempt I can muster.

I'd like to talk more about the Packers part of HD's initial assertion. What exactly do you mean by "disappointing"? I think it's all about how high you set the bar. Do I expect them to take home the Lombardi Trophy again? Well, it would be nice but I'm sure not betting on that. It's all about having hot dice in the playoffs. Do I expect them to be a playoff team? Yes. Our passing game alone makes us instant contenders and if the defense is just an iota better, I don't see how this team could avoid making the playoffs. Just how far they go is anyone's guess.

One other bright spot from last night was the running of Cedric Benson. I didn't see the game but all the tweets I read online indicated he ran with a burst and power we haven't seen in a Packer back in a long time. Add a legitimate running threat to the equation and our playoff hopes look that much better.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:

I don't consider myself either bitter or disenfranchised. I like my life- I don't set the world on fire, don't profess to, but I do well enough. I just call shit as I see it.

But, really- Mitt Fucking Romney is cause for hope? Maybe it's because I don't have CEO glasses to put on, but I don't look at Romney and see optimism. I see another privileged, sociopath dick who is going to be more of the same-as-it-ever-was. Obama's policies have been an abject failure because, well, he's just another president. That's what presidents do- fail. Romney might be a new face, but he isn't no shining fucking star. He's another pretender. Don't kid yourself. He couldn't even beat out Al Davis' long-lost undead brother McCain for the nomination last time around. That's how bright and innovative his ideas are.

The irony, however, of a conservative putting his money on "hope" tickles my funny bone Laughing Magic sparkle ponies FTW!

Very Happy Whether you'll admit it or not--you clearly are politically disinfranchised and bitter, MB... Obama has failed simply because, *that's what president's do--they fail* LOL! No--like anyone else, the reasons he is an abject failure are summarily his own. Romney represents hope in that he is not an established presidential failure because he has not yet had the chance to be. It is not unlike Mike Sherman being replaced by Mike McCarthy. McCarthy represented hope in that he had yet to establish whether he would fail or succeed...while it was abundantly clear what more seasons with the Tinhorn at the helm would bring...

Finally...I reject labels being applied to me. Conservative? Fiscally perhaps... I believe you take care of your own...and it's not the responsibility of the have's to provide beyond a certain measure for the have nots... A safety net--yes...but not a situation like Michigan, for example--where they have created a welfare colony that disincentifies anyone to pull up off their parked ass to do anything beyond hitting the mailbox for their MSHDA housing check...and their heat assistance check...and their food stamps...and their child care...and their disability. Break a toe nail in Michigan--and you're on disability...and they wonder why the state with such incredible natural beauty has become such a decaying shit hole...

I go with my heart on political issues--just like everything else...and I don't give the slightest shit on where in the spectrum it ends up falling. I've had people baffled out of their minds say to me many times--but...but...that's almost a liberal position!! Yeah? So--I said it so I apparently must believe it, eh? Truth is the greatest good in my world. It keeps your soul strong and healthy and keeps you from hitching your wagen to things inherently fake--like, for example, political institution and the weak phony fucks who propagate it... Wink

My vote for Romney says he can't be much worse...and he sure as shit could be a lot better, eh? Sad? Yes...but also true... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:38 pm

duck wrote:Well, you guys know my cynicism about politics so I won't invest much in this discussion other than to say Obama has been a disappointment and Romney is an ass. Our problems lie much deeper than whichever of these two politicians are elected. And I use the term "politician" with all the contempt I can muster.

I'd like to talk more about the Packers part of HD's initial assertion. What exactly do you mean by "disappointing"? I think it's all about how high you set the bar. Do I expect them to take home the Lombardi Trophy again? Well, it would be nice but I'm sure not betting on that. It's all about having hot dice in the playoffs. Do I expect them to be a playoff team? Yes. Our passing game alone makes us instant contenders and if the defense is just an iota better, I don't see how this team could avoid making the playoffs. Just how far they go is anyone's guess.

One other bright spot from last night was the running of Cedric Benson. I didn't see the game but all the tweets I read online indicated he ran with a burst and power we haven't seen in a Packer back in a long time. Add a legitimate running threat to the equation and our playoff hopes look that much better.

I watched the first half, Duck... Rodgers was loose and having fun out there... Ran a couple in and demonstrated unreal pocket awareness--avoiding a good handful of sure sacks. This guy has evolved his movement to an instinctual level very impressively...and has taken over for Steve Young as the finest QB overall I have ever seen. Several of his passes were off, however...and not particularly dialed in to the timing yet.

No question Ced Benson will be the starting tailback for this team come opening day. He was handed an opportunity where he was essentially set up for failure--and he has succeeded with nary a whine, piss or moan... I like the guy...and when you watch him take the ball...you see what pretenders we are used to seeing in the GB backfield. The guy knows how to pick a hole or wait for one to develop--and explode through it. He's got an ass/thighs almost like fucking Earl Campbell out there. Last night means Starks will be put on IR or released...

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:09 pm

_HD_ wrote:
duck wrote:Well, you guys know my cynicism about politics so I won't invest much in this discussion other than to say Obama has been a disappointment and Romney is an ass. Our problems lie much deeper than whichever of these two politicians are elected. And I use the term "politician" with all the contempt I can muster.

I watched the first half, Duck... Rodgers was loose and having fun out there... Ran a couple in and demonstrated unreal pocket awareness--avoiding a good handful of sure sacks. This guy has evolved his movement to an instinctual level very impressively...and has taken over for Steve Young as the finest QB overall I have ever seen. Several of his passes were off, however...and not particularly dialed in to the timing yet.

No question Ced Benson will be the starting tailback for this team come opening day. He was handed an opportunity where he was essentially set up for failure--and he has succeeded with nary a whine, piss or moan... I like the guy...and when you watch him take the ball...you see what pretenders we are used to seeing in the GB backfield. The guy knows how to pick a hole or wait for one to develop--and explode through it. He's got an ass/thighs almost like fucking Earl Campbell out there. Last night means Starks will be put on IR or released...

I think you're right that this spells the end for Starks. Too bad. I appreciated what he did for us in the 2010 playoffs and was intrigued by the potential he often flashed

However, I'm jazzed that we could have a legitimate pounder -- and a durable one at that -- as our running back. The Packers don't need a breakaway threat at that position because the rest of the offense is so explosive already. What they need is 1) a guy who is reliable in blitz pick ups and 2) a guy who can convert short yardage situations. Just having a guy who has the ability to get tough yards up the middle makes our offense that much more difficult to defend against.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 pm

_HD_ wrote:

My vote for Romney says he can't be much worse...and he sure as shit could be a lot better, eh? Sad? Yes...but also true... Cool

I'll leave it at that. I think you're replacing Sherman with the Muffin Man here, but I respect your reasoning.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 pm

I saw the Muffin Man up in the booth with a few others......Ray Rhodes, Dick Jauron, to name a couple. Looks like Holmie is building another dynasty as he did in Seattle. Nyuk Nyuk. GO PACK
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:I saw the Muffin Man up in the booth with a few others......Ray Rhodes, Dick Jauron, to name a couple. Looks like Holmie is building another dynasty as he did in Seattle. Nyuk Nyuk. GO PACK

Top Jimmy cooks
Top Jimmy swings
He's got the look
Top Jimmy, he's the king Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:09 pm

while it was abundantly clear what more seasons with the Tinhorn at the helm would bring...

PEACE IN OUR TIME
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Obama been a "failure"? Repeating the lie doesn't make it truth, folks. Despite unprecedented fanatical Republican opposition aimed at wrecking his presidency despite how those efforts it would affect our country, here's couple of things the president was able to get done:

• Overhauled the food safety system;

• Approved the Lily Ledbetter "Equal Pay" for women rule;

• Ended "Don't Ask/Don't Tell" discrimination in the military;

• Passed the Hate Crimes bill in Congress;

• Appointed two progressive women to the U.S. Supreme Court including the first Latina;

• Pushed through the Affordable Health Care Act, outlawing denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, extending until age 26 health care coverage of children under parent's plans, steps toward "Medicare for All;"

• Expanded the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) health care for children;

• Pushed through a $789 economic stimulus bill that saved or created (so far) 3 million jobs and began task of repairing the nation's infrastructure;

• Overhauled the credit card industry regulations, making it more consumer friendly;

• Established the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and used a recess appointment to keep it on track in the face of GOP attempts to derail it;

• Also outmaneuvered GOP in naming two members of the National Labor Relations Board blocked by the Republicans in their attempt to shut down the NLRB;

• Won two extensions of the debt ceiling and extensions of unemployment compensation in the face of dispicable Republican threats to shut down the U.S. government;

• Pulled troops out of Iraq and began draw down of troops in Afghanistan.
  • Had a bullet put in Bin Laden's eye

And as for all those asshole CEO's sitting on their money and refusing to hire needed labor until the election is over? They will do the same thing no matter who wins in November. They won't keep their powder dry another 4 years.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

AND...
the economy has added 532,000 manufacturing jobs since January 2010 – the strongest growth for any 30-month period since June 1989.

And I haven't even mentioned his saving GM versus his opponent's "Let Detriot go bankrupt." line of reasoning...

Am I claiming a massive success? No.
But the label of "failure" is a dirty fucking lie.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 pm

JnC4GB wrote:AND...
the economy has added 532,000 manufacturing jobs since January 2010 – the strongest growth for any 30-month period since June 1989.

And I haven't even mentioned his saving GM versus his opponent's "Let Detriot go bankrupt." line of reasoning...

Am I claiming a massive success? No.
But the label of "failure" is a dirty fucking lie.

Clearly my friend you too smoke weed--but never inhale... Very Happy

Maybe someday you and others like you can bring yourselves to understand that success/failure isn't primarly dependent on what you're doing--but HOW YOU'RE DOING IT. Execution, grasshoppa--that's where you step off the kiddie ride. 90% of executives (much like Obama) fail not because of strategy or quality of initiatives--but in execution, my friend... That's where he's a no less than colossal failure...and the fact that you would even bring up Detroit and the first round of the bailout of the auto industry where billions upon billions were just HANDED to the auto manufacturers with no strings attached and completely pissed down a hole or likewise TARP where the banking industry simply used all those billions to pay huge bonuses to everyone on down through middle management and buy back their own stock--thus propping up their own stock options--when it was clearly intended to loosen up lending and create liquidity in the lending markets (which they never did)--shows how little you truly understand about what took place... I suppose you think Timothy Geithner is the catZass, too, eh? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

And as for all those asshole CEO's sitting on their money and refusing to hire needed labor until the election is over? They will do the same thing no matter who wins in November. They won't keep their powder dry another 4 years.[/quote]

Watch what happens to the stock market if Obama is reelected... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 pm

HD...

Why not suck it up like a real man? ANY way you cut it Obama is the obiviously better bet for everyone concerned in this other than the ultra rich on their knees for a massive payday. And even those guys, if they are smart, are hedging their bets. After all as any REAL left winger would tell you, O is in the tank for Big Money.

Romney is the GOP's version of John Kerry and you know it.

As Paul Ryan (GOP Nominee 2016) would say, don't make it a "legitimate rape"; lay back and and enjoy it Bee-otch! Shocked
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 am

JnC4GB wrote:HD...

Why not suck it up like a real man? ANY way you cut it Obama is the obiviously better bet for everyone concerned in this other than the ultra rich on their knees for a massive payday. And even those guys, if they are smart, are hedging their bets. After all as any REAL left winger would tell you, O is in the tank for Big Money.

Romney is the GOP's version of John Kerry and you know it.

As Paul Ryan (GOP Nominee 2016) would say, don't make it a "legitimate rape"; lay back and and enjoy it Bee-otch! Shocked

I'm disappointed in you, JnC... Your heart is in the right place and you've got a good mind... It's a pity how you so let others keep you from using it for yourself... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:08 am

The mentality of the staunch unflinching Obama supporter is mind-boggling. I am a Democrat and I voted for the man in '08. I was a fool. Like many looking for actual change, I got caught up in the soaring hope and change rhetoric which he didn't even write a word of, and he was hyped like a rock star by the media. I bought it, hook, line and sinker. A celebrity president. We need a leader, not a guy slow jamming on late night TV and who's cool with the so-called cool crowd. The man was never qualified to be president to begin with and he isn't now, but he bluffed his way into office with a blinding campaign of bright lights, Greek pillars, endless grand promises, lies and smoke screens, and all supported and helped by the massive campaign of the media and the entertainment industry. A two year term as Ill state senator with zero accomplishments on any level, and before that a Chicago street agitator. That's his experience going into the '08 campaign. Nothing. He was elected because the media elected him. They were all for Hillary until he popped up, and then they turned on her and tore her apart in a heartbeat to help elect Obama. I should have seen that warning sign too. They did the same thing to Hillary as they are now doing to Romney. A massive smear and slander campaign. They pulled out all stops four years ago in hooking seventy million Americans into maybe the biggest con job ever laid on the American people in our history.

They deliberately ignored Obama's disturbing political upbringing, which I've since seen. His radical ties, his radical racist and anti-American pastor of twenty years. His total lack of experience and qualifications in both the public and private sectors. They ignored his disturbing comments in past interviews and on the campaign trail, such as "under my Cap and Trade plan, electricity rates will necessarily skyrocket," and of the "fundamental transformation of America." Really??? No one in the press asked him about Reverend Wright who gave us "not God bless America, God DAMN America!" or any of the above because they didn't want the American people to hear about it. They wanted him elected by any means necessary. The Republicans get put through the wringer while Obama goes into such hardcore media forums as The View, Entertainment Tonight and Glamour magazine as he hides from his record like a guy who's on the lam from the cops, and most of the media ignores it and every blunder and every questionable comment. Republicans are all made out to be idiots while Obama's gaffes are ignored and Biden's ungodly gaffes shrugged of as Joe just being Joe. Yea, a complete and total moron.

Obama came into office with complete control of Congress. He spent a year and a half doing, #1, getting an $800 Billion dollar stimulus through that did nothing it was supposed to do but waste a lot of borrowed money, much of it passed out to those he owed favors and payback to, and which is now on our tab along with the other $5 Trillion he's added to our tab besides that. "I guess those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready after all." (Later he tried to get another big stimulus to do what he said the FIRST one would do) AND, #2, by way of lies, backdoor deals and payoffs, jamming a massive 2600 page, unread, totally hardcore partisan, unconstitutional mandate, massively expensive far more than we were told, and massively unpopular health care bill down the country's throat that hasn't done a thing to drop rates, has robbed Medicare of $700 Billion and all while he and Nancy Pelosi "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it" thumbed their noses at the 2/3 of the country bitterly against it. If it's kept in place it will turn America's health care system upside down, add countless new taxes, fees and charges to the middle class as it all unfolds, and eventually bring total government control of it, which I believe was the only goal to begin with. Next will be the energy industry, then the banks and so on if he's re-elected. I believe that's his plan. Massive redistribution of American wealth and not just in America but throughout the world, and massive centralized government and government control over everything. That's the "fundamental transformation of America" he spoke of four years ago and was never questioned about, and four more years will simply bring America that much closer to the above.

He doesn't believe in the American Dream. He resents it and he resents successful business people as if they all stomped on someone else to be successful, much like most of the hardcore left thinks. It's all in his political background and upbringing. Business owners "didn't build that," government did, (my god) so they must pay their fair share as if they aren't already. The more taxes they were to get, the more they will just waste and the debt will continue to rise. His version of the American Dream is America turning into socialist Europe. He thinks he's above both Congress and the SCOTUS. He sues states trying to control illegal immigration. He turns his labor board on companies who don't want to be controlled by the labor unions who are in the bag for him. This guy is not Bill Clinton or JFK. They did not do to business what he's doing, and those two were/are very proud of America. They did not demonize business and successful business people, and Obama's economic policies are nothing like theirs, despite Clinton now in ads pretending to be in line with him to help him get re-elected, though he's spoken out repeatedly in the past soundly criticizing his policies. He is Jimmy Carter, with the same record of success, but he's also the most deliberately divisive president in modern history with a hardcore Chicago radical leftist background, Chicago hardcore leftists all around him, and with a much more disturbing and dangerous agenda. He's governed a complete 180 from what he campaigned as across the board, and his re-election campaign is also a complete 180 from four years ago because he can't run on his failed record and they know it. Hope and Change is now personal attack, divide and smear, with the media in full swing, and he's done every single thing he's attacked many others for doing. So much for bringing together red and blue states, all races, dropping the debt/deficits, and virtually everything else he campaigned on.

He's also added $6 Trillion to our national debt in under four years, in unprecedented time with unemployment only growing higher since he came in and remaining that high for a stretch of time not seen in decades, the slowest economic recovery in many decades, and he's said he's just getting started. Business' are closing left and right. Welfare and various government assistance has gone up dramatically and millions of Americans about to lose their shirts are flat out scared. Gas prices are more than twice what they were when he came into office. His energy secretary was caught saying he'd love to see gas prices hit European levels, which goes right along with Obama's comments about electricity rates skyrocketing too, all in step with their attempts to force their green energy agenda on to the nation and clamp down on and stifle the traditional energy industry in order to forward his green energy agenda. He won't let us drill here for oil on federal land, but he'll give money to other countries so THEY can drill and we'll buy their oil. The middle class is shrinking, everything is going up dramatically. Food, gas, various necessary products, utilities, everything! and if he's re-elected and his Cap and Trade plan gets through, Americans haven't seen anything yet. The middle class will be devastated and the nation will be on the verge of financial disaster not seen since the Great Depression. And he plans on doubling down on it all for another four years if he gets back in. This senate hasn't even put forth a budget in three years, and Obama's budget proposal was completely voted down in a total shutout by Republicans and Democrats both.

I've seen enough. As I said, I was a fool in '08. I'll take a guy like Romney who is a very decent man, a successful businessman, a proven leader with accomplishments on his record, building companies, and even including saving the olympics. That's what this country needs right now badly. A leader who is serious, knows business, isn't concerned with being a rock star president, will have smart business/economic people around him who pose a far better shot at giving this country and it's people a serious shot in the arm economically and for our job market and business sector. Especially small business'. Not a way in over his head celebrity president who wants to be cool with the celebs and the college kids, brings along on the campaign trail a 32 year old college student whining for government to pay for her birth control, thinks big government is the be all and end all that needs to control everything and strangle it as a result, and who's surrounded by like-minded government sector hacks who's best skills like this president's are taxing, spending, campaigning, and avoiding responsibility and accountibility for their own actions and policies at any and all costs. Even Bill Clinton said Romney's business record is great, before having to put out ads as a Democrat to try to help Obama who came in totally unqualified and it shows badly. It boggles my mind how so many are still blinded by the empty hype, the failed record and the blatant corruption. But I guess the so-called mainstream media has done a lot in helping that along. They are in the bag for him and simply won't show an accurate account of what this president has done and what he has not, what he has planned for real, and much like him, they think they can blame his entire four years on others and bluff him back into office for four more. I pray to God they can't. I see and talk to people pulling their hair out worrying about what kind of leadership their football teams have, while we have the equivalent of Daniel Snyder running our damn country into the ground, and it doesn't make a dent. I find it incredibly disturbing.

This president was billed as brilliant by the adoring media but has refused to show any of his college records, test scores. thesis, how he even got into Harvard, or anything else, and with a very average school record up to then that included by his own account, big time partying and missing classes. That right there should have been another red light for me. How did he even get into Harvard? He's been the most secretive and easily the most arrogant and thin-skinned when challenged president I've ever seen, including Nixon. He needs a teleprompter every single place he speaks, and without it he's not even close to his speaking ability when he has it. I've seen enough. The man simply should not have been elected to begin with. The whole thing was a giant con. When he's through, he'll go back to Chicago, make a mint off of book deals and speaking engagements and such, be worshipped by the entertainment industry, and live happily ever after. The debt he'll have left and the damage he'll have created which our great-great grandchildren will be paying for will mean nothing to him.
Tiberius
Tiberius

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 am

Tiberius...This is my first and last response to you: Y'know I have no problem chatting with those I disagree with or even folks that are morons or assholes. It's all good.

But I don't like liars, and you sir, "I am a Democrat and I voted for the man" are a stone-cold fucking liar.

It's a deal breaker. You're done.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 am

JnC4GB wrote:Tiberius...This is my first and last response to you: Y'know I have no problem chatting with those I disagree with or even folks that are morons or assholes. It's all good.

But I don't like liars, and you sir, "I am a Democrat and I voted for the man" are a stone-cold fucking liar.

Three points, JnC.

1) Yeah, Tiberius' assertion that he's a Democrat who voted for Obama jumped out to me as a stark contrast to his passionate diatribe against Obama that was laced with right wing rhetoric.

2) Nevertheless, Tiberius is new to the board and he's no cupcake. Instead of writing him off from the get go, why not check him out and see what else he might be able to contribute to the board? I'd rather engage him.

3) Again, I'm staying away from these political discussions. They're a sink hole. We're fucked whether we elect Obama, Romney, or some other bozo politician. Our problem is systemic.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 am

JnC4GB wrote:Tiberius...This is my first and last response to you: Y'know I have no problem chatting with those I disagree with or even folks that are morons or assholes. It's all good.

(Sigh) And this is what I mean about hardcore indoctrinated zealots who care more about toeing the hardcore lockstep line than anything else. (If it isn't on MSNBC or the Huffington Post, it never happened. I know, I know) I voted for John F. Kennedy in 1960. LBJ in 1964. Richard Nixon in 1968 and '72. Jimmy Carter in 1976. Ronald Reagan in 1980 and '84 (as a result of much the same circumstances as now) George Bush the elder in 1988. Bill Clinton in 1992 and '96. Al Gore in 2000. John Kerry in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2008. I made huge mistakes with Carter and Obama. Both were unqualified and out of their league, and even as a Democrat I made a big mistake. The angry rantings and blind baseless accusations of hardcore zealots are of no meaning to me. Life is too short and my country is too important.
Tiberius
Tiberius

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:18 am

duck wrote:

Three points, JnC.

1) Yeah, Tiberius' assertion that he's a Democrat who voted for Obama jumped out to me as a stark contrast to his passionate diatribe against Obama that was laced with right wing rhetoric.

2) Nevertheless, Tiberius is new to the board and he's no cupcake. Instead of writing him off from the get go, why not check him out and see what else he might be able to contribute to the board? I'd rather engage him.

3) Again, I'm staying away from these political discussions. They're a sink hole. We're fucked whether we elect Obama, Romney, or some other bozo politician. Our problem is systemic.

No, I appreciate the good faith duck, but I meant it when I said I have no interest in ignorant indoctrinated zealots. Weak angry minds do not interest me. I'm not interested in people who pass out cheap labels and consider loyalty to one party on every single issue above anything and all else, including country and the qualifications of the person up for election to run the country. These people are called zealots and radicals. I'll pass.
Tiberius
Tiberius

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 pm

" I voted for John F. Kennedy in 1960. LBJ in 1964. Richard Nixon in 1968 and '72. Jimmy Carter in 1976. Ronald Reagan in 1980 and '84... Bush the elder in 1988. Bill Clinton in 1992 and '96. Al Gore in 2000. John Kerry in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2008."

Okay, fine. Maybe you aren't lying.
However, you are clearly a loon. But that's okay! I am willing to deal with crazy. Crazy can be funny! Y'know like how after posting a 2,000-word essay that was pulled from Andrew Breitbart's rotting dead ASS you claim to have no tolerance for "zelots and radicals."
That's some funny shit, Pops! I look forward to more here in between your usual angry rants to the editor of your local paper. Mad
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:23 pm

JnC4GB wrote:" I voted for John F. Kennedy in 1960. LBJ in 1964. Richard Nixon in 1968 and '72. Jimmy Carter in 1976. Ronald Reagan in 1980 and '84... Bush the elder in 1988. Bill Clinton in 1992 and '96. Al Gore in 2000. John Kerry in 2004, and Barack Obama in 2008."

Okay, fine. Maybe you aren't lying.
However, you are clearly a loon. But that's okay! I am willing to deal with crazy. Crazy can be funny! Y'know like how after posting a 2,000-word essay that was pulled from Andrew Breitbart's rotting dead ASS you claim to have no tolerance for "zelots and radicals."
That's some funny shit, Pops! I look forward to more here in between your usual angry rants to the editor of your local paper. Mad

Yeah, I'm the loon, and I need you to verify my sincerity. It's sad that empty-headed intolerant attitudes, ignorance and blind anger like yours have so poisoned the political discourse in this country, and it's sad what that and the hardcore unhinged left you are clearly a part of have done to the Democratic party. Ruining it for everyone. What used to be the lunatic fringe in the 1960s nows runs the party platform, and with you it's clear they have new recruits. Perhaps another copy and paste of Barack Obama's talking points with zero context will make your case, but I repeat, life is too short to waste on immature unhinged indoctrinated zealots who believe anything their dear leaders tell them, even when it flies right in the face of cold hard reality. Gotta keep that flickering flame up at any cost, even to the country. I can imagine the venom your crowd will be spitting and the violence you'll be creating in November, should the nation give Obama his well-deserved pink slip. People will be hurt, society divided even more, and that's sad. It truly is. I'm guessing you are very young, as you certainly have a lot of growing up to do.
Tiberius
Tiberius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next