Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not working!

3 posters

Go down

It's not working! Empty It's not working!

Post by wassejet Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 pm

We are now in the 4th year of Sanchez and the offense is worse. Whatever the plan was/is....it's obvious from last night's performance that it's not working. The Jets moved up the draft board to take Sanchez at #5. You don't do that and make the guy the face of your franchise to hand off the ball. I don't know whether management is clueless, or the coaching is not right, or maybe Sanchez isn't as good as I thought, but there is a very large disconnect here with the Jets.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

It's not working! Empty Re: It's not working!

Post by LRJets Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Wass, I even noticed Eli's release seemed quicker than last season. I saw nothing thus far in any area of Sanchez' game to echo that sentiment. This morning I saw a replay of a drop back by Sanchez where he took so long (and he had the time) that he threw the ball behind the receiver for an INT.

Green Bay lost last night, one could chalk it up to a lot of reasons including Rodgers et al did not play long. They'll be their usual selves in week 1. Our criticism of the Jets begin with our starters.

What possessed the Jets to give a $40 million extension to Sanchez and soon after sign Tebow?

You need to light a fire under a quarterback that will have earned almost $90 million dollars?

Not good.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Hey don't forget Jets are leaning a new offense it take time I just hope that all it is. BUT Wayne Hunter still can't play RT. Jets can't run the ball and Mark Sanchez is still throwing INT. I'm getting a feeling that the Jets are going to have a awful season finishing the season at 6-10 or 7-9 no better. With being me to this point taking a QB, Matt Barkley will most likely be the top QB's going in the 1st 10 picks in 2013 NFL drafts. Jets need to draft him if so they will need to trade up to get him. 2013 drafts QB, RT, RB, TE, Use the 1st 3 or 4th Rd's on offense. Sleep
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:11 am

Hey don't forget Jets are leaning a new offense it take time I just hope that all it is. BUT Wayne Hunter still can't play RT. Jets can't run the ball and Mark Sanchez is still throwing INT. I'm getting a feeling that the Jets are going to have a awful season finishing the season at 6-10 or 7-9 no better. With being me to this point taking a QB, Matt Barkley will most likely be the top QB's going in the 1st 10 picks in 2013 NFL drafts. Jets need to draft him if so they will need to trade up to get him. 2013 drafts QB, RT, RB, TE, Use the 1st 3 or 4th Rd's on offense. Sleep

New offense? Andrew Luck had to learn a new offense. Big Ben had to learn a new offense. Every team with a new coach has to learn a new offense.
2013? You usually wait until week 8 or 9 for your draft wish list. Guess you're avoiding the Christmas rush this season.
I do agree with your assessment however.

The last couple of years Jets fans great debate over Sanchez should be sealed. He is a hard worker during and between seasons. Jets west, etc.
Mark Sanchez does not have "it". Not when you see the flow of teams showing how a team should move the ball up and down the field. Not our Jets.

Manning threw two INTs. It happens to the best. Guess it happens to the worst too as shown Saturday night.
108 plays, 8 quarters. Not a TD.
Not entirely the QBs (plural) fault. Tough not to have it along with piss-poor protection.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 am

Wayne Fucking Hunter.... That's all I have to say. Plus the Jets haven't been able to establish the run at all.

Sanchez has now been sacked 5 times in 3 quarters of preseason play. There is no way we can establish a run, or pass the ball more than 10 yards if our OL isn't holding up their end of the bargain.

Hunter was responsible for 3 sacks Saturday night, and what would have been a 4th, had it not been wiped out by a penalty. This in one half of play.

If the Jets do not fix this, or if Hunter does not step up, I am afraid we are in deep DEEP trouble.

Of course it's not all on Hunter, but a good portion of it is. This Sunday will tell us a lot, as the starters will play most of the game, and unlike the first two games, which are glorified practices, there will be a full game plan in place.

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 am

GangGreen wrote:......Plus the Jets haven't been able to establish the run at all......

The bad news is that the Jets will never establish the run. That's because when you go around claiming to be a ground and pound offensive football team, any D cooridinator who isn't mentally handicapped, is going to take you at your word and deploy his defense to stop it. Yeah, there will be some teams that won't be able to stop it because they aren't good enough, but the good (defensive) teams will shut it down. A great example was last year's Denver game. The Broncos weren't a very good overall team with Tebow at QB, but they had a very good defense. That defense was able to stop the Jets offense and keep the score close until Tebow was able to perform his theatrics at the end and win the game. Unless the Jets can figure out how to punish teams for overplaying the run, it's going to be a long season.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:01 am

Ground and pound?

Just this week- end on display were 2nd and 3rd string running backs from other teams that ate up more yardage than our starters. Shonn Greene is a hard-working and frustrated player. He doesn't seem to have the explosiveness that other backs seem to have.

As important as an OL is, a good running back will show more progress with a weak O- line than the receiving corps. I think the passing game needs an effective OL more than the running game. What good is it if your receivers are free and the QB doesn't have the time to throw the ball?

If the Jets brass do not get another offensive tackle this week, they'll be selling brown paper bags dyed green for the fans.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

It's not working! Empty New Offense?

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:03 am

LRJets wrote:Hey don't forget Jets are leaning a new offense it take time I just hope that all it is. BUT Wayne Hunter still can't play RT. Jets can't run the ball and Mark Sanchez is still throwing INT. I'm getting a feeling that the Jets are going to have a awful season finishing the season at 6-10 or 7-9 no better. With being me to this point taking a QB, Matt Barkley will most likely be the top QB's going in the 1st 10 picks in 2013 NFL drafts. Jets need to draft him if so they will need to trade up to get him. 2013 drafts QB, RT, RB, TE, Use the 1st 3 or 4th Rd's on offense. Sleep

New offense? Andrew Luck had to learn a new offense. Big Ben had to learn a new offense. Every team with a new coach has to learn a new offense.
2013? You usually wait until week 8 or 9 for your draft wish list. Guess you're avoiding the Christmas rush this season.
I do agree with your assessment however.

The last couple of years Jets fans great debate over Sanchez should be sealed. He is a hard worker during and between seasons. Jets west, etc.
Mark Sanchez does not have "it". Not when you see the flow of teams showing how a team should move the ball up and down the field. Not our Jets.

Manning threw two INTs. It happens to the best. Guess it happens to the worst too as shown Saturday night.
108 plays, 8 quarters. Not a TD.
Not entirely the QBs (plural) fault. Tough not to have it along with piss-poor protection.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:16 am

Not every QB's that come in the NFL or get traded to a new team have to learn a new offense. Rookie Rayn Tannehill from Miami already knows the offense with why he been name the starter. A good GM, and Coaches drafts or traded for the right players that knows their offense. Tanny and Rayn don't have a clue about drafting offense in the drafts or know how to traded for one But I do believe Rex knows how to drafts Defense.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:18 am

LRJets wrote:Ground and pound?

Just this week- end on display were 2nd and 3rd string running backs from other teams that ate up more yardage than our starters. Shonn Greene is a hard-working and frustrated player. He doesn't seem to have the explosiveness that other backs seem to have.

As important as an OL is, a good running back will show more progress with a weak O- line than the receiving corps. I think the passing game needs an effective OL more than the running game. What good is it if your receivers are free and the QB doesn't have the time to throw the ball?

If the Jets brass do not get another offensive tackle this week, they'll be selling brown paper bags dyed green for the fans.

That's pretty much how I am looking at it as well. I love Greene, but while he has the ability to drag a guy for a couple extra or bowl his way through for a few, he doesn't have that explosiveness to hit a hole like other backs, or breakaway speed when he does get in the open field. He is a bruiser, which is fine by me, but that type of back needs carry after carry to get the other team in pursuit and wear them down. I think he will show better this year without giving up a lot of carries to LT early in the game. Unless of course McKnight and Powell steal a bunch of touches. Then again, Tebow throws a kink in that as well, though he can help wear down the defense with his running ability as well, which could keep Greene fresh later in the game, to attack the middle of the line.

The Problem is that takes patience and a good mid range passing game, the patience is there, but the passing game is a mess because hunter cant block an interwebs pop up, let alone a defensive end. We will have to see how it works out when Holmes comes back, that should be a shot in the arm for our passing attack, but the be all end all, is Hunter needs to step up or the Jets have to do whatever it takes to get a RT.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 am

You want Ground and Pound well then Jets will need to make a traded for Maurice Jones - Drew. Jones - Drew Reportedly open to being traded. Mr Tannenbaum if you really want to make the Jets fans happy then PLEASE go and make this traded for Jones- Drew. Rex Rayn talk and talks about his Ground and Pound I have not see it yet not for a long long time. So Mr T can to please make this traded and make Drew a Jets by next week.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:08 pm

IrishJets1129 wrote:You want Ground and Pound well then Jets will need to make a traded for Maurice Jones - Drew. Jones - Drew Reportedly open to being traded. Mr Tannenbaum if you really want to make the Jets fans happy then PLEASE go and make this traded for Jones- Drew. Rex Rayn talk and talks about his Ground and Pound I have not see it yet not for a long long time. So Mr T can to please make this traded and make Drew a Jets by next week.

Who are you trading for him, and where is the salary cap room coming from on the new contract he will demand? The asking price will start at a first rounder, I would think. And for the cap room, you'd have to lose several starters to get him here

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:45 pm

He wants a trade, not the team.

Big difference!
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 pm

I wouldn't know that why you have a GM, its his job to find room for the cap to make a trade for M.J.D. Just heard that the Loins or Jets could have interested trading for M.J.D. Tanny is normally good at making trades
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down