Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Reasons to Worry

3 posters

Go down

3 Reasons to Worry Empty 3 Reasons to Worry

Post by DaBurgh Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey folks, Musc81 here from the ole AO-Hell and Diva days!
How's everyone been? Todd? Timbo? BJE? Red? Randell? everyone else?????

So, just gonna throw this out there and be the devil's advocate.
Here are my top three reasons to worry about this year and the next 2-3 years to come:

1) RB - with Mendy out until at LEAST mid-way through this season (even then he wont be more than 80%)
we have no proven RB. I know Red showed a few flashes of brilliance last year, but he's not a premier RB and after
him the talent drops off even WORSE. I'm paying NO attention to the fact that he was taken off the PUP list.
ACL will have him sidelined for awhile.

2) OLB - with Harrison being what, 35, and his injuries, this may be his last year of any productivity and
the backups are slim with no experience. With the LB's being so important in our Defense, I see this as
being a weak spot for the next 2-3 years.

3) Haley as the OC: there are gonna be some bumps along the way learning a new system, and with Ben
being such a leader and having produced so much under Arians - the MINUTE there is any bit of tension,
I just see Haley throwing a tantrum like he has in his past positions and we all know Ben is going to stand his
ground. I just see a big blowup between these two if/when the team hits a rough patch. Haley wont let go of
his pride and Ben is going to fight for what he things is right. Inner turmoil hurts more than injuries and I just
see the potential for disaster here.

And a side note - this is the FIRST YEAR that I agree with the saying - "The Steelers are getting old."
Hampton is done after this year, we lost Smith and Hoke. The young D linemen NEED TO STEP UP AND PRODUCE THIS YEAR!!!

Other than that, all is well. Enjoying my first-born, 9 month old daughter, Man, you talk about putting things in to perspective!
Life is good!

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to talking some ball, some smack and generally BS'ing again with all of you
this year!!!!

DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

3 Reasons to Worry Empty Re: 3 Reasons to Worry

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:04 am

DaBurgh wrote:Hey folks, Musc81 here from the ole AO-Hell and Diva days!

Here are my top three reasons to worry about this year and the next 2-3 years to come:

1) RB - with Mendy out until at LEAST mid-way through this season (even then he wont be more than 80%)
we have no proven RB. I know Red showed a few flashes of brilliance last year, but he's not a premier RB and after
him the talent drops off even WORSE. I'm paying NO attention to the fact that he was taken off the PUP list.

2) OLB - with Harrison being what, 35, and his injuries, this may be his last year of any productivity and
the backups are slim with no experience. With the LB's being so important in our Defense, I see this as

3) Haley as the OC: there are gonna be some bumps along the way learning a new system, and with Ben
being such a leader and having produced so much under Arians - the MINUTE there is any bit of tension,
I just see Haley throwing a tantrum like he has in his past positions and we all know Ben is going to stand his
ground. I just see a big blowup between these two if/when the team hits a rough patch. Haley wont let go of
his pride and Ben is going to fight for what he things is right. Inner turmoil hurts more than injuries and I just

And a side note - this is the FIRST YEAR that I agree with the saying - "The Steelers are getting old."
Hampton is done after this year, we lost Smith and Hoke. The young D linemen NEED TO STEP UP AND PRODUCE THIS YEAR!!!

Other than that, all is well. Enjoying my first-born, 9 month old daughter, Man, you talk about putting things in to perspective!
Life is good!

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to talking some ball, some smack and generally BS'ing again with all of you
this year!!!!

Congrats on your daughter.

A few days ago, Keisel was saying in an interview that the Steelers defense was going to be dominate again this year.

With the Oline improved and Ben healthy and playing out of his mind, add in a Chris Rainey that has been the talk of camp and I think we're in for a very exciting season. Ben is our anchor as long as he's playing, we have a chance.

Unfortuantly, this board has been rather slow but I'm hoping that it picks up now that football season is about to begin. Still, it's 100 times better than AOL had as far as football talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 am

Life is good!

this year!!!!

Whaaassssup Musc? Congrats on your baby girl. I'm so old, I'm enjoying the grand kids now...LOL As a Browns fan, I feel your pain, but I have to say my list of worries number in the 20's....up 5.8% from last year's worries....
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:31 am

Life is good!

this year!!!!

Hey great to see you back Musc! Congrats on your baby girl too! I'm now enjoying GRANDCHILD # 5.... man... I feel old. affraid affraid affraid affraid
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBurgh Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 pm

foghorn wrote:

Life is good!

this year!!!!

Hey great to see you back Musc! Congrats on your baby girl too! I'm now enjoying GRANDCHILD # 5.... man... I feel old. affraid affraid affraid affraid

Thanks guys for the congrats!! She's 9 months old today and the greatest little thing ever! I started a little later than most people so
I'm not that young!! A young 38, ---39 next month.
Hope you all are doing well and I'm looking forward to some good football talk this year!
Rand - I DO feel your pain. I have good friends in Cleveland who are obviously huge Browns fans. I want to see them get their stuff
together - get that Burgh vs. Cleveland rivalry doing again.
DIE - always good to read your wisdom on the boards.
BJE - when are you coming to a game in Pittsburgh?
DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

DaBurgh wrote:
foghorn wrote:

Life is good!

this year!!!!

Thanks guys for the congrats!! She's 9 months old today and the greatest little thing ever! I started a little later than most people so
I'm not that young!! A young 38, ---39 next month.
Hope you all are doing well and I'm looking forward to some good football talk this year!
Rand - I DO feel your pain. I have good friends in Cleveland who are obviously huge Browns fans. I want to see them get their stuff
together - get that Burgh vs. Cleveland rivalry doing again.
DIE - always good to read your wisdom on the boards.
BJE - when are you coming to a game in Pittsburgh?
LOL. when I win the lottery.... I drive past Heinz Field Several times a week on my way to work. I'm a field Tech, so I am always driving somewhere. I'm always close enough to home and Pitts to meet someone.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down