Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game tonight

2 posters

Go down

Game tonight Empty Game tonight

Post by duck Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:43 pm

I can't remember a time when I was less interested in watching the Packers preseason opener. In general the preseason bores me but now it just can't compete with the excitement of the Olympics which I am loving.

Nevertheless, I'll probably watch the first quarter and the view the rest of it on tape later. My #1 concern of course is that there are no significant injuries. Other than that, it will be interesting to watch the new rookies on defense and see if Harrell is going to be a viable backup to Rodgers.

Anyone else have any other good subplots to capture my waning interest?
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Game tonight Empty Re: Game tonight

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 am

The only subplot I can add Duck......is the extent of the yawning at the Shareholders Meeting a few weeks ago in Titletown, whihc was extensive. Oh Yes.....it was a first class event with the speakers all dressed up in their corporate business attire (suits!!!!!!) with the shareholders out in shorts and polo shirts, jerseys, t-shirts etc......

Had one in-depth discussion (without cynicism i.e., this board sometimes....hint hint hint) whereby the main focus was Woodson's move to safety, Matthews' move to the other side, and the new guys on D. No one gives a shit about the Dancing With The Stars trophy or the whether or not BJ Raji comes in to camp in shape or not.

The place was a buzzin' though........with primarily first timers taking tours of Lambeau Field and going through the Hall of Fame.

Was more difficult to find a genuine Leinenkugels than I thought. The latest craze are new Miller Lite cans and bottles which afford less back pressure.........GO PACK GO !!!!!!!!!

I am already getting nervous about the first two regular season games.

Back to the preseason.......Wow what an amazing number of empty seats at QualComm last Thursday nite.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 pm

So you're nervous about the first two regular season games, Ringo? I have to admit I'm a little uneasy myself. And it has nothing to do with the dud performance in a preseason game.

My head tells me that the Packers with a rebuilt defense should be even better than last year. However, my heart senses that the offense might not be as dominant as last year. Other teams have been studying the Pack's passing attack and trying to figure out ways to stop it. Plus, there might be a little bit of a hangover from the playoff flop, and I don't know if MM will be able to get the team to focus early. (In fact, he may intentionally want to keep emotions at a low ebb early in the season so he can ramp things up for December and January.)

Then, there's always the injury factor. We got two back breaks already with Bishop and House. Let's hope things don't get worse.

I fully expect the Packers to make the playoffs and be a Super Bowl contending team... but the early part of the season worries me.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Yeah...........and you know both the Niners and Bears will be coming in fresh and ready pull of the upset. Both games will come down to turnovers and special teams.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down