Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben has small torn Rotator Cuff

2 posters

Go down

Ben has small torn Rotator Cuff Empty Ben has small torn Rotator Cuff

Post by leejr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:49 am

Ben Roethlisberger 'just sore'

Updated: August 2, 2012, 11:43 AM ETESPN.com news services

Concern In Pittsburgh?

Adam Schefter talks about Ben Roethlisberger's "little torn rotator cuff", Mike Wallace remains unsigned and James Harrison's knee injury.Tags: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NEXT VIDEO [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] revealed he has a "little torn rotator cuff" in an interview Wednesday with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] quarterback seemed more concerned about the absence of holdout receiver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] than his injury.

The Post-Gazette reported that Roethlisberger suffered the injury in a Nov. 6 game last season against the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He had earlier told the newspaper in the spring that he suffered a shoulder injury but this is the first time he has described it as a rotator cuff tear.

<p>

SportsNation: Roethlisberger's Injury

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Ben Roethlisberger revealed that he's dealing with a rotator cuff tear. Should Steelers fans be worried? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I'm good. It's OK, just sore," he told the newspaper. "I have a little torn rotator cuff. That doesn't heal. We just have to hope it doesn't tear the rest of the way, according to Doc."

When asked Wednesday if Roethlisberger's arm causes the team any concern, coach Mike Tomlin answered, "none."

Roethlisberger also suffered a fractured thumb and a high ankle sprain last season, when he was sacked an AFC-high 40 times.

Roethlisberger, who turned 30 in March, said he does less throwing in the walk-through portion of practices.

"It's part of getting older, too," he told the newspaper. "If you watch walk-throughs, I used to throw all the time. Now it's just backing off. Now I don't ever throw during walk-throughs. It's less throwing; I think that's smart anyway. As you get older, you just need to take care of yourself whether you're hurt or not."

The quarterback also said in the interview that he likes the team's new offense installed by offensive coordinator Tom Haley and said he talks to Wallace, who still hasn't signed his tender offer from the Steelers, regularly.

"I don't know what's going on with his agent or what they're telling each other, but he wants to be here," Roethlisberger said. "I believe he will be here and I think he'll be here soon."
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Ben has small torn Rotator Cuff Empty Re: Ben has small torn Rotator Cuff

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Getting better: Roethlisberger also suffered a fractured thumb and a high ankle sprain last season, when he was sacked an AFC-high 40 times.

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Small turns into surgery real quick, didnt really read entire thing but is it his throwing arm, if so that's trouble, if its non throwing arm then its a possibility he could wait till after the season for surgery if its needed, the front line will just mave to work double to keep him on his feet and rolling out of the pocket will probably be limited because of the protection.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down