Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron Berry....

3 posters

Go down

Aaron Berry.... Empty Aaron Berry....

Post by Dawildboar Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 am

Is the player they need to set an example of....Kick his ass off the team on The day before the season! I wouldn't even play him during preseason.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Aaron Berry.... Empty Cut him

Post by meiden Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm

While we disagree on the Avril camp issue I am certainly on board with you regarding Berry. This kid shouldn't even get to camp. If the CBA allows it the Lions got to keep him from stepping into the lockeroom again. Management has got to begin demanding accountability from this bunch. If they let Berry play, Katie bar the door, the inmates will be in total control of the asylum.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Aaron Berry.... Empty Re: Aaron Berry....

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:40 pm

What if he hasn't had a trial or plea to any charges? He hasn't, to my knowledge had anything determined in court yet. So far they are charges only and the NFL itself will not act until there is some finding one way or another. I'm not here defending anything or anyone other than the right to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. If he is proven guilty of the gun charge, I would give him a multiple game suspension without pay, if possible within the NFLP Agreement. Marijuana and alcohol are character issues, weapon violations are life threatening moral issues, much more serious. I know, I know! Drunk driving is life threatening also.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 pm

meiden wrote:While we disagree on the Avril camp issue I am certainly on board with you regarding Berry. This kid shouldn't even get to camp. If the CBA allows it the Lions got to keep him from stepping into the lockeroom again. Management has got to begin demanding accountability from this bunch. If they let Berry play, Katie bar the door, the inmates will be in total control of the asylum.

Berry was just released today by the Lions.

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:31 pm

the leos did the right thing and cut his sorry rear loose. back to a minimum wage job or a life of crime for mr berry. he will not be missed except by QBs in our division.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Other than Culbreth, Berry was the cut that would cause the least financial disruption, he wasn't drafted, prob'ly didn't have much of a pro-rated bonus, yet he's highly visible. The perfect specimen because it wasn't a substance abuse violation which is covered by the CBA. In today's climate guns are more toxic than dope. Bad, Bad timing, Berry, me lad. It would be excellent timing to catch Aaron Rodgers in bed with a dead girl or live boy right about now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 am

i am glad to see a little common sense kick in. innocent until proven guilty? well ya, let the courts decide that. you can't have this knuckle head at the lions training camp, exposing other players to the wonders of irresponsible gun ownership.

a marginal player who wasn't drafted should be a model citizen and not act like a prima donna first rounder who just signed a contract that will support him and his 12 children, with 12 different women, through live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Way to steriotype, Bongo, you pretty well covered the 'hood, got anything for us "Shanty" Irish?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:42 pm

not just yet but stayed tuned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:37 am

I doubt Aaron Berry will ever spend as expensive a Saturday night as the one that cost him his job with the Lions. He and Culbreath both cleared waivers yesterday, which means no team valued them enough to pick up their salaries. Perhaps Berry can latch on somewhere, but not for anything close to what he would have been paid this season at Detroit. Experience can be a hard, hard teacher. some learn by reading, some learn by watching, and some just have to piss on the electric fence themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 pm

piss on an electric fence? LOL! berry is canada bound. from starting CB on a playoff team to electric fence pissing?

and after what happened over in colorado, no one wants a crazed gun packer around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Bengals 1st RD pick, CB Dre Kirkpatrick broke his leg. Anyone guess the over under of how many days before Berry signs with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:37 pm

RL. When they do sign him, send the Bengals one of your electric fences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:01 am

mcb, don't tell me that you are concerned that we lost a stud in berry? there is a reason why no team drafted him. he stinks.

if the bengals do sign him then you will see him again featured in one high lite reel after another - getting burned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Just got done with an 80 mile, 13 day backpacking trip in the mountains of New Mexico with my 2 oldest boys...I'm in football shape but I think I need to go on the PUP for a few days! Smile

Glad the Lions got rid of Berry.

Seems they are in mid preseason form, a couple of nicks but nothing too serious. I expect Delmas to be good to go by the beginning of the season.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:40 am

Dawildboar wrote:Just got done with an 80 mile, 13 day backpacking trip in the mountains of New Mexico with my 2 oldest boys...I'm in football shape but I think I need to go on the PUP for a few days! Smile

Glad the Lions got rid of Berry.

Seems they are in mid preseason form, a couple of nicks but nothing too serious. I expect Delmas to be good to go by the beginning of the season.

And I expect Delmas will be nursing something by the beginning of the season and continue to get dinged up during the year. At this time next year we'll be talking about how good the pass defense would've been if Delmas had not been playing hurt all year. Bentley better be as good as all the camp hype has been or this backfield will be a mess all season.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down