Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances...

Go down

Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances... Empty Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances...

Post by Dawildboar Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 am

I just read that Fairley took a drug test to show he wasn't smoking dope and it was his passenger...Not that it excuses him from the DUI but making a poor judgement in who you hang around with is a he'll of a lot more excusable than ignoring your employer's drug policies in front of the public without remorse.

I felt better about Fairley after reading the story from the link below. I just wonder why it never was reported he claimed it was a passengers dope and he was clean?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances... Empty Re: Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:28 pm

You have to be kidding me Boar! Fairley is a vicim of his own stupidity not circumstances. He was caught driving recklessly through a neighborhood. What kind of idiot would do that knowing there was dope in the car. It wasn't just one time driving through the neighborhood recklessly, it was multiple times in a short period of time.The police were called by someone complaining about his driving, and they staked out the street and of course caught the idiot in the act.

Now here he (the idiot) goes again this time driving drunk over 100mph at 1:15 am, trying to evade police. He hadn't even got through his final court date on the first charge and he's out screwing around again? How in God's name doe this make you feel better about the man? The guy is a selfish idiot who doesn't give a crap about the team his family or the fans. How much proof do you need? What company outide of profesional sports would hire this guy to work? The man is trouble and needs to be removed. You can not fix stupid.

Back to top Go down

Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances... Empty Re: Fairly is a: Victim of circumstances...

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:56 am

I'm fixin to make myself very unpopular by what I'm about to say. However, this is not about whether Fairly did or did not. This is about what his agent should advise him to do now. Its a bit late to give advice about what he should have done. For the record, he is not going to be cut by the Lions, so disabuse yourself of that notion. First, delay all court proceedings which is standard defenses in cases of this nature, so the defendant can build a reputation of several months as a solid citizen. Second, he needs to be proactive about any suspension Goodell imposes, it certainly worked for the Williams boys of the Vikings. With some skillful attorneys and a bit of luck, Fairley could get everything shoved into next year with any suspension appealed down to a couple games in 2013. Going through the process of getting Goodell to hold off the suspensions until he is actually convicted of a misdemeanor will cost the lad a considerable chunk of change, it may be his best option career-wise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm fixin to make myself very unpopular by what I'm about to say. However, this is not about whether Fairly did or did not. This is about what his agent should advise him to do now. Its a bit late to give advice about what he should have done. For the record, he is not going to be cut by the Lions, so disabuse yourself of that notion.

Did someone claim he would be cut??? Not me. I would be shocked if the Lions cut him. Like I said, Fairley needs to be removed along with Leshoure, but the Lions will not do that this year. They are gutless. In their post arrest statement concerning Fairley and Leshoure, they claim they are disappointed, and hold their players to a high standard, Now we know exactly what they meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Back in the day before Jerruh Jones and a few others pushed to have a salary cap, a team could be very free using the method of cutting players as a form of discipline. With the way the NFL is structured now, it is prohibitive to cut high paid players. It's not impossible, just prohibitive. However, that doesn't mean teams are devoid of measures of discipline. You don't have to cut a player to de-nut him because you control his playing time. Playing time to a player is his stock in trade. Without playing time he won't get a second contract worth using to wipe with. Young mister Fairley will soon find out how little money he really has after taxes, agent's cut and paying attorney fees. He' about to realize how precious the prospect of a second contract has suddenly become.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 am

is fairly a good guy who was done in by circumstances or is he a partying fool?

i think the later. he defense is, "its the other guys pot"?

hmmmm? how is it then that you allow the other guy to screw with your future? is he just that stupid?

and driving DUI at 100 MPH is an SUV at 1 AM? he is lucky that he didn't kill someone, let alone himself. answer to the question above: yes, he is that stupid.

i wonder what happens when players get drafted? doesn't a team sit the rookies down and show then 100 examples of fools who have partied hearty and thrashed their careers. if you're at home by 10 PM then it is hard to get into trouble. if you are running wild with the boys from the hood it is hard to avoid it.

my message would be non judgmental in nature (that's just the kind of guy that i am). stay out of trouble for the first two contracts and you're home free. you can live out your life as a pot smoking drunk in high fashion. blow it now, and you'll be a poor unemployable fool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Bongo, I can only say Amen to all your posits. Tragicly it isn't only lads like Fairley or even exclusively to the Boyz from the "Hood", just to clear it up, this isn't about race. It is totally culture. I know you are old enough to have seen the way the last few generations have been raised. There is no, as in Nada, Zip, zilch in the way of teaching delayed gratification. None of the last few generations can even spell the word, much less relate to it. Some of us were born poor enough that delayed gratification wasn't an option. We had to grow up, get an education and a job before we could gratify any desires beyond a new pair of shoes and jeans for school. I see in my G'Kids an overdeveloped sense of entitlement that disturbs me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:36 pm

mcb i agree with you totally on this generation. it's the kids of the "love the one you're with" generation. manifest in schools that teach everyone is a winner. i do think though that there is a behavior that is more typical of blacks and so that there is a racial element.

so many of those kids grow up without a two parent household that it's mind boggling. same for prisons. yes whites commit crimes but as a % of population, blacks will commit more crimes than whites by multiples.

the counter argument is that no, i am dumb klucker and its all about poverty.

and the counter, counter argument is that of course poverty plays into it but the black community tolerates out of wed lock births as something that is natural and that is a norm. dads spill their seed at will without any consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:17 pm

RLMcB wrote:Back in the day before Jerruh Jones and a few others pushed to have a salary cap, a team could be very free using the method of cutting players as a form of discipline. With the way the NFL is structured now, it is prohibitive to cut high paid players. It's not impossible, just prohibitive. However, that doesn't mean teams are devoid of measures of discipline. You don't have to cut a player to de-nut him because you control his playing time. Playing time to a player is his stock in trade. Without playing time he won't get a second contract worth using to wipe with. Young mister Fairley will soon find out how little money he really has after taxes, agent's cut and paying attorney fees. He' about to realize how precious the prospect of a second contract has suddenly become.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So you de-nut him by cutting his playing time? Excuse me but I can't help but chuckle about that statement. He's already making Millions for doing nothing! Cutting his playing time just hurts the team, not him. Hell .... he couldn't even make it two months and get through his next court date, without getting arrested again. That's how stupid this guy is. He and his ganster/thug buddies are a huge distraction. According to an article written about Tom Lewand's meeting with Rodger Goodel Fairley and Leshoure are likey to miss up to 4 games. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a quarter of the season. Seeing how Goodel handed Suh the maximum penalty (2 games) for an action that didn't harm anyone, I have to believe he will do the same to Fairley and Leshoure. He (Fairley) will not be able to practice with the team or be on the team grounds to work out during that period, just like with Suh's suspension last season. So now he'll certainly have more time on his hands to go back to Alabama and reunite with his entitlement driven buddies and screw up again and he will, I'd bet the farm on that. McB........ you can't fix stupid. Prolonging the agony with this loser is not constructive for the team.

Listen, The Lions made a huge mistake drafting these two guys who really have some very serious charachter issues. Get rid of the cancer now before it spreads any further. Yes it will be costly and painful, but it needs to happen. How can a team focus on getting to the next level when all the news is going to be about the stupid losers that have proven they have no respect for the team, team mates, the team ownership, or the fans. Face it, the press feasts on the negative and thats the last thing the Lions need. Unfortunately, the gutless "Lions Hierarchy" will probably pander to the idiots, and only prolong the inevitable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 am

it seems as if the lions learned from their draft mistakes. this past draft was full of warning signs and the lions drafted boy scouts for the most part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 pm

it seems as if the lions learned from their draft mistakes. this past draft was full of warning signs and the lions drafted boy scouts for the most part.

No doubt about it, and I'm glad they did, I want good guys that I can cheer for...I also want a winning team, 0 & 16 was the All Boy Scout Team of America, great people, crap players. I don't mind having a couple kuckleheads that can play ball. Now if we learn that their partying is getting in the way of them being good players...SEE YA! The road is littered with those type of people, they're call bums...

I looks like I'm in the minority here but I'm sticking with Leshoure, Fairley and Culbreath. While their arrests are frustrating, as a Lions fan, I'm accustomed to frustration and being frustrated with the Lions coming off a playoff season is a whole lot better than with a nation either laughing or taking pity on the Lions and their fans.

Of course if one of the misguided youngsters run afoul with the law again...Not only would I cut them, I would do it after giving them crap coaching and just minutes before the first game of the season...Because I can be a real prick if pushed! Twisted Evil
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 pm

you may be in the minority with the fans here but i betcha that the leos agree with you.

this team won 10 games last season and if the past two drafts provide any help (other than titus), the leos should be off to the races as one of the elite teams. railey is going to be a big plus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down