Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt

2 posters

Go down

ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt Empty ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt

Post by guppy Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Wow.  The comments are coming fast and furious from everywhere against ESPN and its tabloid journalism regarding trying to promote this phony deflategate "scandle" at every turn, knowing it was never anything to begin with.  People's comments against ESPN are being deleted off its website as they try to silence their critics.  ESPN has lost all credibility.  Even non Pats fans are saying things such "I'm no Pats fan, but they are really looking like the victim here."  And the number of non Pats fans saying such things is increasing every day.  What a pathetic joke.  I hope Kraft sues for defamation, because the retractions/corrections and apologies will never be given the same degree of play that the bogus accusations got.  Fuck em.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt Empty Re: ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt

Post by George1963 Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 am

guppy wrote:Wow.  The comments are coming fast and furious from everywhere against ESPN and its tabloid journalism regarding trying to promote this phony deflategate "scandle" at every turn, knowing it was never anything to begin with.  People's comments against ESPN are being deleted off its website as they try to silence their critics.  ESPN has lost all credibility.  Even non Pats fans are saying things such "I'm no Pats fan, but they are really looking like the victim here."  And the number of non Pats fans saying such things is increasing every day.  What a pathetic joke.  I hope Kraft sues for defamation, because the retractions/corrections and apologies will never be given the same degree of play that the bogus accusations got.  Fuck em.

You know what's weird? This thing first came out tuesday. I saw it. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't know what the hell it meant. I'm sure you heard about it too. Why didn't you comment?
And FWIW, ESPN says they deleted comments for profanity and the idea that ESPN would go out of their way to try to defame the Patriots, or any NFL franchise is ridiculous.
They're a freakin house organ. If anything they'd be trying to cover it up.
Also, a defamation suit would last about 2 min.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt Empty Re: ESPN starting to see a huge backlash for phony deflategate witch hunt

Post by guppy Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:30 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:Wow.  The comments are coming fast and furious from everywhere against ESPN and its tabloid journalism regarding trying to promote this phony deflategate "scandle" at every turn, knowing it was never anything to begin with.  People's comments against ESPN are being deleted off its website as they try to silence their critics.  ESPN has lost all credibility.  Even non Pats fans are saying things such "I'm no Pats fan, but they are really looking like the victim here."  And the number of non Pats fans saying such things is increasing every day.  What a pathetic joke.  I hope Kraft sues for defamation, because the retractions/corrections and apologies will never be given the same degree of play that the bogus accusations got.  Fuck em.

You know what's weird? This thing first came out tuesday. I saw it. I didn't say anything about it because I didn't know what the hell it meant. I'm sure you heard about it too. Why didn't you comment?
And FWIW, ESPN says they deleted comments for profanity and the idea that ESPN would go out of their way to try to defame the Patriots, or any NFL franchise is ridiculous.

The point is not whether the Pats would actually win a defamation suit in court.  Kraft would never go down that road.  He didn't when the Boston Herald published the LIE about taping the Rams walkthrough.  In that instance he just accepted the retraction and the front page apology.  The point here is that the way this phony "scandal" has been handled by ESPN is so low class from a journalism standpoint that it is fair to characterize it as defamation.

I wonder about these "leaks" and how they happen.  Is Ted Wells mad that they happen?  He asked that no comments be mde.  People privy to information violate that.  And they don't give their name.  They are just known as "sources".  Why?  Because they know they are doing something wrong.  I bet sources are paid off in cash to provide leaks.  Otherwise what's their motivation for violating orders to keep information confidential?
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

The point is not whether the Pats would actually win a defamation suit in court.  Kraft would never go down that road.  He didn't when the Boston Herald published the LIE about taping the Rams walkthrough.  In that instance he just accepted the retraction and the front page apology.  The point here is that the way this phony "scandal" has been handled by ESPN is so low class from a journalism standpoint that it is fair to characterize it as defamation.

I wonder about these "leaks" and how they happen.  Is Ted Wells mad that they happen?  He asked that no comments be mde.  People privy to information violate that.  And they don't give their name.  They are just known as "sources".  Why?  Because they know they are doing something wrong.  I bet sources are paid off in cash to provide leaks.  Otherwise what's their motivation for violating orders to keep information confidential?

Why is it you have no problem with the "leaks" that cast favorable light on the Patriots? Rappaport saying that unnamed sources told him that 11 balls were a tick under and one was way under you start stating as fact. Don't ever question my objectivity again. You risk major cuts from your glass house falling down.

Kraft would go down that road in a second if he thought he could win. Either by being in the right, or if he thought he had enough resources to outspend/out wait the opposition.
Look at his business history. It's what he does.
Here, he has none of them. Just like with the Herald.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:06 am

George1963 wrote:
 Don't ever question my objectivity again.

Objectivity?  LMAO.  What objectivity? 

You made the statement that the Pats flat out "cheated again the team [you] root for."  

The mere allegation was enough for you.  

How are those allegations looking at the moment?

Not too good. 

So an issue that has never ever come up before  in the history of the National Football League (the slightest variations in psi in a ball) became your main focus.  I guess that way you don't have to focus on the game itself, you know, offensive execution, defensive execution, special teams execution, coaching adjustments, basically all the things that actually matter in the outcome of the contest.  Forget about all that.  That's not as important as some psi in a ball.   Let's take a leak by Chris Mortensen about some psi numbers of balls used by the Patriots in the first half and make it the lead story on the evening news, not just the sports news.  I mean, seriously, this country has lost its mind.

Now all the allegations of "intentionally manipulating" balls, of "2 psi under", of locker room attendants going to the bathroom for 90 seconds, of trying to "introduce" a non approved ball into the rotation of kicking balls, but then refuted by another reporter from the same network that the only reason the attendant handed the ball to the alternate official was because the ball was handed to him by an NFL employee, and the only reason they were short on balls was because an NFL employee was stealing them to sell for himself, despite the fact that they were supposed to be sold for an NFL charity, and that employee was then fired.   

We are now officially in the Bizzarro World.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Take a lesson from Bob Kravitz.  If he can do a (half-ass) mea culpa for wrongly shooting first and asking questions later, so can you.

Kraft would go down that road in a second if he thought he could win. Either by being in the right, or if he thought he had enough resources to outspend/out wait the opposition.
Look at his business history. It's what he does.
Here, he has none of them. Just like with the Herald.

Geez.  Did the Herald do a front page retraction and apology, or not? 

When it did, Kraft said he was "satisfied".  That's it.  Done.  The party who was wronged by another party's grossly negligent publication of a flatly false story was "satisfied" after the grossly negligent party recanted and apologized for its wrongful and reckless conduct.  End of story.  He moved on.  That's what he deemed best for his business.  No reason to sue.  No need to do it for money, that's for sure.  Put the whole episode in the rear view mirror and move on.  Why is that so hard for you to understand?  Why are you always looking for (and assuming) angles that aren't there? 

You are a Colts fan.  However, quite strangely, you seem far more concerned with your perception (accurate or inaccurate as it may be) of the "business history" of the owner of the New England Patriots, than you are with the substance abuse problem of the owner of the Indianapolis Colts. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down