Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's HUGE!

3 posters

Go down

It's HUGE! Empty It's HUGE!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:00 pm

So the Blackhawks come to the X tonight to play the Wild. Time to see if the Wild are the real deal. In my view--they are still a year or two away--but you can't beat the rivalry...

Some fun when the Hawks came to town back at the old Met Center--which once stood where the IKEA parking lot is now at the MOA. The last North Stars game I ever caught there was against the Hawks. Late in the 3rd period--score tied--the place just fucking rocked. Fights in the stands were not a uncommon thing back in the day when Chicago came to town--but this one was unusually large. About a third of the section behind me was winding 'em up. Green North Stars jerseys beating on white Blackhawk jerseys and vice-versa. Beer constantly raining down from above. Squadrons of Bloomington cops reaching for their billy-clubs made their way up the steps past me on the aisle. My favorite part? The punk fucking Blackhawk fan standing in the aisle next to my seat--so overtaken by the aggression-charged atmosphere--he looked at me with a smile and said *fuck-it* as another cop turned the corner on his way up towards us--and jumped him as soon as he got within range. I've never seen someone so happy to have their cheekbone ground into concrete with a knee while another cop beat on his back with a club as that douche did. Just had to be part of the show... I'm sorry I didn't take the time to thank him. I quite enjoyed it. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

It's HUGE! Empty Re: It's HUGE!

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Wow...the good ole days! lol

Fighting in the stands certainly wasn't uncommon then. My knucklehead brothers were involved in a few. The one that always stands out to me was them going to see a Rangers/Islander game. They're Islander fans, they ended up fighting with Mark Messier's brother who was in the stands. Oy!

I believe now they stop serving beer at the end of the second period. Rightfully so, I suppose!

Enjoy tonight's game! Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:Wow...the good ole days! lol

Fighting in the stands certainly wasn't uncommon then. My knucklehead brothers were involved in a few. The one that always stands out to me was them going to see a Rangers/Islander game. They're Islander fans, they ended up fighting with Mark Messier's brother who was in the stands. Oy!

I believe now they stop serving beer at the end of the second period. Rightfully so, I suppose!

Eh- go to a Flyers game wearing your colors. It'll always be 1974.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 pm

MB20 wrote:

Yes, that is true. Hockey fans are so aggressive! lol
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm

MB20 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You just knew the Flyers had the bitch bagged the moment she ever walked out on the ice... Cool

Those '73-75 Flyers teams were pure joy in style and substance. Purity. They didn't play to win the fucking game. They played to put a beat down on you--and there was no bother of pretense to fool anyone into believing anything different. Bobby Clarke. The best player ever. Not because he was the best shooter or best skater ever... Not because he was the finest face-off man or stickhandler who ever laced 'em up--but because he was the best winner. Like Reggie White--the man just knew who to win... That was hockey the way it was meant to be played...

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 am

The Rangers are still fighting for a playoff spot. Where does your team stand?
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:The Rangers are still fighting for a playoff spot. Where does your team stand?

Missing a couple of toes on one foot--(just lost sniper Dany Heatley for the season and Cullen has been a big loss) but as long as the ground beneath them doesn't start rocking (who the fuck knows--we're getting a foot of snow in Mpls right now) they'll remain standing to make the playoffs for the first time in several seasons... The GM, Fletcher, made a very nice score at the trade deadline to pick up Sabres Captain and 40+ goal scorer Jason Pominville to take over at RW with Parise and Koivu on the 1st line. You can see the chemistry out there between them immediately...

They really need to pick up another solid defenseman. Another ill advised cross-rink pass by Clayton Stoner cost the Wild the game against the Hawks the other night. Boom. Game over. That's all it takes to lose a game against the best team in the league...

I see the Rangers won in a shootout and the Devils lost yet again... Gee--it's too bad they still don't have that stiff, Parise, as Captain... Totally different team without him...and look who is breathing new life into the Blue Jackets! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Love it... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 pm

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:The Rangers are still fighting for a playoff spot. Where does your team stand?

Missing a couple of toes on one foot--(just lost sniper Dany Heatley for the season and Cullen has been a big loss) but as long as the ground beneath them doesn't start rocking (who the fuck knows--we're getting a foot of snow in Mpls right now) they'll remain standing to make the playoffs for the first time in several seasons... The GM, Fletcher, made a very nice score at the trade deadline to pick up Sabres Captain and 40+ goal scorer Jason Pominville to take over at RW with Parise and Koivu on the 1st line. You can see the chemistry out there between them immediately...

They really need to pick up another solid defenseman. Another ill advised cross-rink pass by Clayton Stoner cost the Wild the game against the Hawks the other night. Boom. Game over. That's all it takes to lose a game against the best team in the league...

I see the Rangers won in a shootout and the Devils lost yet again... Gee--it's too bad they still don't have that stiff, Parise, as Captain... Totally different team without him...and look who is breathing new life into the Blue Jackets! Wink

Eh.... we had sucky seasons WITH Parise, too. Whaddya gonna do? He wasn't coming back no matter what. It'd be nice if Lou got up off his ass and got some fucking goal-scoring on this team, though. This team he's constructed is just good enough to lose.

You're awfully plucky for a fan whose team is about to make the playoffs for the first time since what... 2003? Laughing Like I said... when it comes to hockey, you are a Vikings fan through and through

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:36 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Eh.... we had sucky seasons WITH Parise, too. Whaddya gonna do? He wasn't coming back no matter what. It'd be nice if Lou got up off his ass and got some fucking goal-scoring on this team, though. This team he's constructed is just good enough to lose.

You're awfully plucky for a fan whose team is about to make the playoffs for the first time since what... 2003? Laughing Like I said... when it comes to hockey, you are a Vikings fan through and through

LOL! Don't jump the gun there, Clark... Since Cullen and Heatley went down--this team has had *miss the playoffs by two points* written all over it... Like I said--they're still two years away. Too young--with a roster too lacking in establishment with one another... However--am I excited to see and free to express it that the team has progressed to the point where when the train pulls away from the station--they maybe aren't left standing on the platform? Fuckin' right. Guilty as charged... They're the '93 Green Bay Packers right now... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:51 am

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

LOL! Don't jump the gun there, Clark... Since Cullen and Heatley went down--this team has had *miss the playoffs by two points* written all over it... Like I said--they're still two years away. Too young--with a roster too lacking in establishment with one another... However--am I excited to see and free to express it that the team has progressed to the point where when the train pulls away from the station--they maybe aren't left standing on the platform? Fuckin' right. Guilty as charged... They're the '93 Green Bay Packers right now... Wink

Now THAT I can track with...

For me, thank Jesus H. Christ this season is so short. I can just kind of think back on it and be like, "What the fuck was THAT? Good thing that shit was short and sweet." Screw it- baseball season is here. Time to chase my next fix...

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 pm

The Hawks are flying right now. But in the playoffs they'll have trouble with the Ducks and Kings. They don't match up with them as well. Too many teams are tempted to skate with the Hawks. You have to bottle them up on inside both blue lines and make them play a board battle. But if they get through I'd like to see them go head on with the Penguins. The Bruins would be the other team in the east that plays the style that would wear them down.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:12 am

_HD_ wrote:

I saw all the snow you were getting! Crazy!
Good luck to your team, a friend of mine still misses Parise being on the Devs.

Yes, they won in a shoot out. Smile
Last nights game between the Rangers and Islanders was a nail biter! FINALLY the Rangers scored in OT, the only goal of the game to take the win. They still sit one point behind the Islanders.
Gaborik, yep he's doing real well on the Blue Jackets. Brings to mind what you said, with the right coaching, he'll do well.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 am

_HD_ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Love it... Cool

Interesting video. I liked hearing how the league was formed and came together.
Tough old goons they were, no helmets, no shields and NO teeth! lol Too scary for me!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

For me, thank Jesus H. Christ this season is so short. I can just kind of think back on it and be like, "What the fuck was THAT? Good thing that shit was short and sweet." Screw it- baseball season is here. Time to chase my next fix...

And your next fix is? Mine's the Yankees! Alright, alright, hold back all your nasty comments from all! :p
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:53 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

And your next fix is? Mine's the Yankees! Alright, alright, hold back all your nasty comments from all! :p

Phillies. Yeah, it's gonna be a long summer.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down