Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good sign, I guess.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A good sign, I guess. - Page 2 Empty Re: A good sign, I guess.

Post by guppy Tue May 27, 2014 8:30 am

George1963 wrote:

I'll give him Bryan Stork. Picked too soon, but I think he'll be a good one.

As far as picking Bryan Stork "too soon", consider this.  The Pats traded out of the back end of the third round and into the top of the fourth round, so they were able to pick up Stork in the fourth round at 105 instead of the third round at 93, a drop of only 12 spots.  That means as fourth rounder, Stork will get a minimum salary with nothing guaranteed other than a signing bonus (five, maybe six figures).  If he was picked 12 picks higher putting him in the third round, he would no doubt have a higher base salary, plus his signing bonus would probably have been about $50,000 higher. 

Just business.  So, maybe Stork was picked "too soon", as you think, but it was "less soon" than it could have been, and that move down in the draft will lead to a team friendly $$ savings for the Stork pick providing some financial flexibility to be used elsewhere. 

BB is wicked smaaaht. 

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue May 27, 2014 11:34 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

I'll give him Bryan Stork. Picked too soon, but I think he'll be a good one.

As far as picking Bryan Stork "too soon", consider this.  The Pats traded out of the back end of the third round and into the top of the fourth round, so they were able to pick up Stork in the fourth round at 105 instead of the third round at 93, a drop of only 12 spots.  That means as fourth rounder, Stork will get a minimum salary with nothing guaranteed other than a signing bonus (five, maybe six figures).  If he was picked 12 picks higher putting him in the third round, he would no doubt have a higher base salary, plus his signing bonus would probably have been about $50,000 higher. 

Just business.  So, maybe Stork was picked "too soon", as you think, but it was "less soon" than it could have been, and that move down in the draft will lead to a team friendly $$ savings for the Stork pick providing some financial flexibility to be used elsewhere. 

BB is wicked smaaaht. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Draft Projection
Round 7-Priority free agent

Pretty much all the projections had it like this. What's the money difference between 105 and tuesday?
It's not actually all that much. They took him where they did and he might have been there 100 picks later. Then again, he might not have. So they took him. It's fine. It's not like it's a Craig Powell moment. As I said, I think he'll be good. I saw him in the Senior Bowl or the Blue Grey or something and I remembered his name, so he must have done something  to impress me.
 Smile
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue May 27, 2014 11:57 am

George1963 wrote:

I saw him in the Senior Bowl or the Blue Grey or something and I remembered his name, so he must have done something  to impress me.  Smile

Probably it was his Logan Mankins-like beard.   Smile 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue May 27, 2014 12:35 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

I saw him in the Senior Bowl or the Blue Grey or something and I remembered his name, so he must have done something  to impress me.  Smile

That picture humbles me as a man.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue May 27, 2014 1:15 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

That picture humbles me as a man.

LOL.  Too funny.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2