Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third round Target and other Tidbits

Go down

Third round Target and other Tidbits Empty Third round Target and other Tidbits

Post by RLON39 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:27 am

SS Shamarko Thomas is a player to target in round 3, as an eventual replacement to Troy. He compares to Bob Sanders more than Troy, but hopefully he is more durable than the two. He is a heat seeking missile, disruptive, and he is going to be a great value in the third.

One player who I think the Steelers may....and should reach on....is Justin Hunter. He has the best size to speed ratio in this draft class, and he can jump out of the stadium. People will grown that we took him too high at 17, but the guy is Moss-like and capable of immediate impact.

Unfortunately, I think my goal of a LB, S, and WR in the first three rounds won't happen, as I can see the Steelers shocking people by drafting a tight end in the first couple rounds. The top three tight ends can likely be had with each of the Steelers' first three picks, as about a round separates each of their values.

Linebacker is the interesting need, whether it be inside of outside. A guy like Arthur Brown could be targeted earlier than expected, by the Steelers. On the outside, 1-17 will be a difficult decision if Jarvis Jones is still on the board. In the second, Jamie Collins could be a target.

The Steelers have also met with OLB John Simon and ILB Vince Williams, who could be third to fifth and fifth to seventh round picks, respectively. The most interesting visit was RB Christine Michael, a chiseled RB and good athlete, who has some red flags because of his attitude. He seems like a potentially explosive back, and I think he has an attitude because his name is Christine. I find that scary for anyone who will be trying to tackle him...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down