Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And oh, before I forget...

+3
MB20
throttleplate
milani
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And oh, before I forget... Empty And oh, before I forget...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:44 am

The Minnesota Wild kick ass... Razz

Back to top Go down

And oh, before I forget... Empty Re: And oh, before I forget...

Post by milani Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

_HD_ wrote:The Minnesota Wild kick ass... Razz

The Blackhawks will take care of them.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by throttleplate Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:48 pm

how are the timberwolves doin this year with Rubio back?
throttleplate
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 pm

They're a cute little team that never has done shit and never will

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 pm

milani wrote:

Stick around and post more Very Happy

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 pm

MB20 wrote:They're a cute little team that never has done shit and never will

LOL! I kinda like that. Just the right amount of prick--but with a soft, buttery crust... Laughing

You're forgetting about the run they made the western conference finals on the back of my bud, Sergei Zholtok (just before he died Sad but you're right--they haven't yet done shit...but watch out in the years ahead... They now have a head coach and they now have a GM...and, as a result, they have some incredible young talent being infused into that lineup they've pulled from the draft and some savvy trades... BTW, how are the Devils doin' this year? Is Parise lightin' the lamp? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Well, they are doing a little better than the NY Rangers, who just can't seem to get it together. Embarassed
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:56 pm

throttleplate wrote:how are the timberwolves doin this year with Rubio back?

Fuck if I know... Been offered tickets many times--never seen them play. Probably wouldn't walk across the street to see them even if they held the game in my honor... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 pm

milani wrote:

Yes, they are smokin'!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:58 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:

Well, they are doing a little better than the NY Rangers, who just can't seem to get it together. Embarassed

Yeah--you need to have a sit down with Gabby and help that boy get his mind right... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 am

_HD_ wrote:
~Sheila~ wrote:

Yeah--you need to have a sit down with Gabby and help that boy get his mind right... Wink

Yes and it is time for Tort to go!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:46 am

_HD_ wrote:

LOL! I kinda like that. Just the right amount of prick--but with a soft, buttery crust... Laughing

You're forgetting about the run they made the western conference finals on the back of my bud, Sergei Zholtok (just before he died Sad but you're right--they haven't yet done shit...but watch out in the years ahead... They now have a head coach and they now have a GM...and, as a result, they have some incredible young talent being infused into that lineup they've pulled from the draft and some savvy trades... BTW, how are the Devils doin' this year? Is Parise lightin' the lamp? Very Happy

Did your goalie just return from a 6-week layoff and score a goal in his first period back? No? Mine did Razz

No, but seriously- it's like you transfer what would have been your Viking-fan-ness to your hockey team. The 2003 Western Conference finals? Really? I have fond memories of 2003 for another reason altogether. But, how about the run my guys made to the Finals last year? That was good shit, although it came up short 2 games of what I would have really liked. I half-expect you to whip out the hockey equivalent of Helga braids and flog the dolphin to some regular-season win over the Red Wings from 2009 here.

Your coach isn't anything special, and your salary cap is tied up in two guys who are talented, but not team-carrying-types. You play in the same conference as the Blackhawks, Blues, and other really solid clubs. I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I think you guys have a really tough climb ahead of you.

Skol Wild!

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:13 pm

MB20 wrote:
milani wrote:

Stick around and post more Very Happy

I wish the Hawks had Clutterbuck...
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Did your goalie just return from a 6-week layoff and score a goal in his first period back? No? Mine did Razz

No, but seriously- it's like you transfer what would have been your Viking-fan-ness to your hockey team. The 2003 Western Conference finals? Really? I have fond memories of 2003 for another reason altogether. But, how about the run my guys made to the Finals last year? That was good shit, although it came up short 2 games of what I would have really liked. I half-expect you to whip out the hockey equivalent of Helga braids and flog the dolphin to some regular-season win over the Red Wings from 2009 here.

Your coach isn't anything special, and your salary cap is tied up in two guys who are talented, but not team-carrying-types. You play in the same conference as the Blackhawks, Blues, and other really solid clubs. I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I think you guys have a really tough climb ahead of you.

Skol Wild!

I hear ya, man... Pullin' the 40 off the pond from JP's boy must rub you raw like a $20 whore who just squatted on a sandcastle, but what can ya do? Maybe a continuous loop of Scott Stevens ending Lindros' career will help ya heal... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Skol Wild!

I hear ya, man... Pullin' the 40 off the pond from JP's boy must rub you raw like a $20 whore who just squatted on a sandcastle, but what can ya do? Maybe a continuous loop of Scott Stevens ending Lindros' career will help ya heal... Laughing

Fuck, that video will ALWAYS heal whatever ails me Laughing One of my favorite NHL games ever.

I wanted Parise back- but not at that price. I knew someone was going to pay him like he was "the man"- and the Wild obliged. He's great during the regular season when he gets those garbage goals, and those goals matter too, but when the playoffs roll around and shit gets real, he disappears. Those garbage goals aren't as easy to come by from April on.

I'm actually more annoyed at that friggin' gag gift in a hockey sweater named Zidlicky that you guys pawned off on us Mad

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:56 pm

So many trades going on.

Rangers have lost Gaborik and picked up some young kid who is presently on the dl list.

What trades have taken place on your team?
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:So many trades going on.

Rangers have lost Gaborik and picked up some young kid who is presently on the dl list.

NYR dumped Gabby? Wow. Why didn't they just move him back to RW instead? Wink I'd take him back in a heartbeat--looking awfully nice on that top line with Koivu and Parise...

Not sure what's up w/the Wild. Just back from 8 days on the beach in Cabo and anything related to snow and/or ice was the last thing on my mind... sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm

_HD_ wrote:

NYR dumped Gabby? Wow. Why didn't they just move him back to RW instead? Wink I'd take him back in a heartbeat--looking awfully nice on that top line with Koivu and Parise...

Not sure what's up w/the Wild. Just back from 8 days on the beach in Cabo and anything related to snow and/or ice was the last thing on my mind... sunny

Yes, wow is what we thought, too! Not sure why they didn't keep him, maybe because he only has one year left of his contract? He would fit in nicely with Koivu and Parise.

How nice for you! Cabo is beautiful! Not sure what is happening with Spring here on Long Island. We've been dropping into the 20's these past few days and barely reaching mid 40's during the day!!
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Please let me introduce myself Sheila. I am Ringo. Hello.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!! GO PACKERs
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 pm

_HD_ wrote:

What difference does it make what position Gaborik is in? Madison Square Garden is where elite scorers go to die, because Tortorella thinks those guys should be blocking shots all fucking day. I'm so glad they have that mope.

My Devils are proving the old adage "You can never have too many mediocre, over-the-hill skaters" to be tried and true. I just can't believe a guy as bright as Lamoriello looked at this team and decided that 64 year-old Steve Fucking Sullivan is the cure for what ails it.

I think Lou's just about done. Or he should be.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 pm

RingoCStarrQB wrote:Please let me introduce myself Sheila. I am Ringo. Hello.

Nice to meet you Ringo! My nephew for some reason is a BIG Packers fan...so I'll let you slide. lol Smile
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Sheila~ Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 pm

What difference does it make what position Gaborik is in? Madison Square Garden is where elite scorers go to die, because Tortorella thinks those guys should be blocking shots all fucking day. I'm so glad they have that mope.

My Devils are proving the old adage "You can never have too many mediocre, over-the-hill skaters" to be tried and true. I just can't believe a guy as bright as Lamoriello looked at this team and decided that 64 year-old Steve Fucking Sullivan is the cure for what ails it.

I think Lou's just about done. Or he should be.[/quote]

Interesting; 'MSG where the elite scorers go to die'. I actually thought Jagr was going to finish out his career with the Rangers, but he keeps bouncing around and now he's with Boston.

So much young talent out there, the over-the-hill-skaters need to move on, but it's also hard letting go of them, too.
~Sheila~
~Sheila~
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 pm

~Sheila~ wrote:What difference does it make what position Gaborik is in? Madison Square Garden is where elite scorers go to die, because Tortorella thinks those guys should be blocking shots all fucking day. I'm so glad they have that mope.

I think Lou's just about done. Or he should be.

Interesting; 'MSG where the elite scorers go to die'. I actually thought Jagr was going to finish out his career with the Rangers, but he keeps bouncing around and now he's with Boston.

So much young talent out there, the over-the-hill-skaters need to move on, but it's also hard letting go of them, too.
[/quote]

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Gaborik, Brad Richards, and countless other free agents in the Glen Sather era (no, Scott Gomez never counted Razz ). And while I realize many of those whose names I can't remember predate Torts, it always seems to be something. I can't think of a single high-profile Sather FA signing that actually went as planned. Not one. I'm stunned that he is still managing to live off of what he did 30 years ago. That in itself is a talent to be admired.

Boston is the perfect spot for Jagr, btw. You can hide him in the bottom 6, and he can still produce without having to skate 22 minutes a night.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:51 pm

MB20 wrote:
_HD_ wrote:

Yup...Sheila is dead on about Tortorella. He doesn't seem to understand that motivational tactics are a custom-sized proposition depending upon character type. The one-size fits all punishment model is cave-man type shit in today's era... Sure--it works on a select breed--very well in fact...but for him to take a guy like Marian Gaborik--classic eastern European...relatively diminutive in size...quiet...understated...and going through life with the challenges associated with being male yet saddled with a name like Marian...repeatedly benching the guy and plugging him on the checking line under the auspices of shaming him and utilizing other negative reinforcement tactics does nothing but destroy the man's confidence and decay his inner spirit--thus further exacerbating his performance slump. With this type you build them up when they become down. His is not a sin of comfort in his superstar status and taking his position for granted--thus demeaning him or his role cannot be expected to incite greater achievement effort to retain his former status--but instead the opposite--just as it has... Fucking moron--takes a $7.5M/year warhorse and turns him into a $5 pony ride at the fair...

Mark my words--Gabby is FAR from done. The right coach will pull smoke from the snap shot yet again... Cool

Last edited by _HD_ on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next