"Well known around the league"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:42 pm

George1963 wrote:
10 out of 46 is all it takes.
For what?  What are we talking about?  Denying him on the first ballot, or denying him the Hall altogether?  You never made clear which one we are talking about.


The two I quoted (And I could have quoted more)

Both NY writers
Borges
The guy from Oakland
Indy
Cle

Buffalo
Carolina
That's my opinion.  Ok, that's your opinion.  We'll revisit it someday.  I have a feeling that I'll be the one far more willing to bring it up than you will.  That's my opinion.


You got any quotes from these guys?  Never mind, because they all spoke right after the Wells Report* had just came out.  Things are much different today.    
You think the two NY writers will vote against Brady?   Wrong.  Gary Myers from the Daily News has called deflategate the "silliest" controversy in history.  I've read all his articles, and I know pretty much what he thinks.  No way he's holding this joke of a "scandal" against Brady in any way, shape or form. 

The other quotes cited that were pulled from the NY Post article were from May 9.  A lot of water has passed under the bridge since that time.  Including the fact that the Wells Report* and Attorney Wells' personal so-called "conclusions" have been shown to be worthless toilet paper, and the NFL and Goodell have been shown to be blatant liars.  Things have changed since May. 

In addition, Judge Berman (the FIRST actual impartial person to look at this record) totally poo pooed Goodell's use of the word "scheme" in his "appeal" decision.  There is no doubt that the judge sees right through the hatchet job that going on here.  So I'm pretty sure with the final legal outcome not determined yet that none of the Hall voters' views are cast in stone at this point. 


 
You talk about what you call my "blind homerism"Pffft.  I could just as easily talk at length about your Blind Hatred and Blind Bias
In fact, your blind hatred and bias are much higher up on the hatred and bias scales than my homerism is on the homerism scale.  Much higher. 

At least I enjoy myself and have some fun celebrating my team's accomplishments.  Call it whatever you want, I couldn't care less.  At least its from a positive perspective.  And satisfying.   Your whole approach, on the other hand, is to get yourself all worked up about whatever is negative, even the very miniscule and unimportant.  All to take attention away from the actual game played on the field simply because you don't like the results, and like a little kid cannot bring yourself to give credit where credit is due.  Can't beat 'em on the field, so might as well slander them.  Wow, how special.  It must really suck to have that negative thinking dominate your mind day after day after day.  So depressing.   I sure as hell couldn't do it.



You
provided me with a definition.  One that applies more to you than me I think. 
But allow me to return the favor.  I think enough of you that I can give you a definition too.  One that is very apropos to you. 


bi·as
ˈbīəs/
noun
noun: bias; plural noun: biases
1.
prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.


One little four letter word.  That's really all it takes to describe your entire outlook. 



avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 am

In addition, Judge Berman (the FIRST actual impartial person to look at this record)


I'll expect you'll change your opinion in the near future.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 am

10 out of 46 is all it takes.
For what?  What are we talking about?  Denying him on the first ballot, or denying him the Hall altogether?  You never made clear which one we are talking about.




guppy wrote:George1963 wrote:
I'm also sure that in about five years you'll be saying I'm the only person in the world who cares.
You'll be wrong.


I'm pretty sure in about 5 years or more, I'll be reminding you that this will not affect in the slightest TB12's first ballot entrance into the HOF.




[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:17 pm
George1963 wrote:

As far as TB12 being a first ballot, or not, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.



10 out of 46 vote no he doesn't go in.


dis·in·gen·u·ous
ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
adjective
adjective: disingenuous
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:03 am

George1963 wrote:

10 out of 46 vote no he doesn't go in.


If only you could provide actual quotes from at least 10 that they have made up their mind NOW as to how they are going to vote on his first ballot.

If only.....



pho·ny
ˈfōnē/
informal
adjective
adjective: phoney; adjective: phony; comparative adjective: phonier; superlative adjective: phoniest
1.
not genuine; fraudulent.

"I thought your accent was a bit phony"

synonyms:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.];

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:23 pm

George1963 wrote:In addition, Judge Berman (the FIRST actual impartial person to look at this record)


I'll expect you'll change your opinion in the near future.


Really?  The judge mercilessly hammered the NFL's lawyer for the second week in a row. 

It was so one-sided it was actually worse than 45-7. 

Instead of quoting the judge's actual questions and comments, I'll translate:

Judge Berman to NFL's lawyer:   "Your client's case stinks to high heaven."



avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:14 pm

10 out of 46 vote no he doesn't go in.


If only you could provide actual quotes from at least 10 that they have made up their mind NOW as to how they are going to vote on his first ballot.

If only.....



If I could you'd dispute it, question their character, point out that they might not even be around when Brady came up, or change the subject.

Most probably change the subject.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:In addition, Judge Berman (the FIRST actual impartial person to look at this record)


I'll expect you'll change your opinion in the near future.


Really?  The judge mercilessly hammered the NFL's lawyer for the second week in a row. 

It was so one-sided it was actually worse than 45-7. 

Instead of quoting the judge's actual questions and comments, I'll translate:

Judge Berman to NFL's lawyer:   "Your client's case stinks to high heaven."




I'll translate further:

Judge Berman to NFL's lawyer:   "Your client's case stinks to high heaven but ON THE ISSUE IN FRONT OF ME it's rock solid but I'm doing all I can to force you to drop any kind of admission of guilt or aknowledgment of the Wells report from a settlement because I'd rather have you settle and Brady, being the baby he is, will never admit he's anything less than perfect. I don't need to ask any questions about article 46, law of shop, the CBA, the commissioners powers or anything about WHAT THE CASE IN FRONT OF ME IS ABOUT because that's all pretty clear, I'd just rather have this settled because I don't like having my decisions appealed. And I know it will be. Because people in the wrong with money beat shit to death in the courts."
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:43 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:In addition, Judge Berman (the FIRST actual impartial person to look at this record)


I'll expect you'll change your opinion in the near future.


Really?  The judge mercilessly hammered the NFL's lawyer for the second week in a row. 

It was so one-sided it was actually worse than 45-7. 

Instead of quoting the judge's actual questions and comments, I'll translate:

Judge Berman to NFL's lawyer:   "Your client's case stinks to high heaven."




I'll translate further:

Judge Berman to NFL's lawyer:   "Your client's case stinks to high heaven but ON THE ISSUE IN FRONT OF ME it's rock solid but I'm doing all I can to force you to drop any kind of admission of guilt or aknowledgment of the Wells report from a settlement because I'd rather have you settle and Brady, being the baby he is, will never admit he's anything less than perfect. I don't need to ask any questions about article 46, law of shop, the CBA, the commissioners powers or anything about WHAT THE CASE IN FRONT OF ME IS ABOUT because that's all pretty clear, I'd just rather have this settled because I don't like having my decisions appealed. And I know it will be. Because people in the wrong with money beat shit to death in the courts."
I just gotta tell you..... I love the way you phrase things.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Everywhere

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Admin wrote:

Because people in the wrong with money beat shit to death in the courts."

I just gotta tell you..... I love the way you phrase things.


Ya, real well thought-out brilliance on display there.
Incredible analysis. 
I'm just in awe.

 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:45 pm

George1963 wrote:10 out of 46 vote no he doesn't go in.


If only you could provide actual quotes from at least 10 that they have made up their mind NOW as to how they are going to vote on his first ballot.

If only.....



If I could you'd dispute it, question their character, point out that they might not even be around when Brady came up, or change the subject.

Most probably change the subject.

Translation:  "Gup, you'd most probably change the subject.  You know, like I just did right here."

Further translation:  "I really aint got 10.   I just kinda say things sometimes.  You should know by now how I roll." 
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:26 pm

guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:

Because people in the wrong with money beat shit to death in the courts."

I just gotta tell you..... I love the way you phrase things.


Ya, real well thought-out brilliance on display there.
Incredible analysis. 
I'm just in awe.

 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I wasn't talkin to you, so STFU NE FLAMER!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Everywhere

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm

If I could you'd dispute it, question their character, point out that they might not even be around when Brady came up, or change the subject.

Most probably change the subject.

Translation:  "Gup, you'd most probably change the subject.  You know, like I just did right here."



I change the subject? Really? Do me a favor. Look at the top of the page and tell me what the subject of this thread is. Then tell me if you've ever said a word about it.
Give me a friggin break.



10 out of 46 vote no he doesn't go in.


If only you could provide actual quotes from at least 10 that they have made up their mind NOW as to how they are going to vote on his first ballot.

If only.....



Give me the 36 who've said he goes in on the first ballot.You seem pretty sure he will, so prove it. Because you know you can't just say what you think. You have tou have proof. So give me the 36 names and links or stfu.
Seriously. If you can't live by the standard you set for everyone else keep your fucking mouth shut.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:18 pm

guppy wrote:Admin wrote:

Because people in the wrong with money beat shit to death in the courts."

I just gotta tell you..... I love the way you phrase things.


Ya, real well thought-out brilliance on display there.
Incredible analysis. 
I'm just in awe.

Sarcasm isn't analysis at all. It's what halfwits use when they don't have a response.
Lowest form of wit, right?
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:30 pm

Admin wrote:

I wasn't talkin to you, so STFU NE FLAMER!


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:39 pm

George1963 wrote:
If you can't live by the standard you set for everyone else keep your fucking mouth shut.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:41 pm

George1963 wrote:


Give me the 36 who've said he goes in on the first ballot.You seem pretty sure he will, so prove it.

Easy.  Two points: 1) Lawrence Taylor, despite arrests, drug abuse, a dead beat dad rap, and admitting having teammates submit their urine samples as his in order to fool league drug testers, just to name a few of his transgressions, got in on his first ballot;  and 2)  In stark contrast to LT, Tom Brady has been a model player, and a person of impeccable character for the entirety of his 15 year career.  Additionally, he did not ever, at any time, break any league rule, nor did he direct anyone else to do so -- a fact which is more becoming more clear every day as more and more people realize that Ted Wells's conclusions are illogical and incorrect.  People see that there is zero evidence that TB ever expressed a preference for balls below 12.5 psi, there is zero evidence that anyone else ever thought he ever had a such a preference for balls below 12.5, and there is zero evidence that he ever told any staff person to actually get balls below 12.5 for him.  Quite the opposite actually.  Therefore, it is very clear that not only will he get the necessary 80% vote of the HOF selectors on his first ballot, he will do far, far better.  He will receive 100%.  All 46.

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 pm

George1963 wrote:

Sarcasm isn't analysis at all. It's what halfwits use when they don't have a response.
Lowest form of wit, right?


Sarcasm is often viewed as a low form of wit, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] published in Organization Behavior and Human Decision Processes suggests that it might make you more creative.
Little research has been done on the effects of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which is why researchers from a host of top American universities, including Harvard and Columbia, experimented on how sarcastic comments affect creativity. The experiments involved more than 300 men and women whose creativity was tested by completing tasks after saying or receiving sarcastic comments. Another control group of participants was also asked to complete the tasks, although they were told sincere comments. The findings revealed that those who gave and received sarcastic comments were three times more creative than the control group because the sarcasm forced their brains to think abstractly, boosting creativity.
“We found that sarcasm may stimulate creativity, the generation of ideas, insights, or problem solutions that are novel and useful,” Dr. Li Huang, an author of the study and assistant professor of organizational behavior at Insead, a graduate business school, told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As Oscar Wilde believed, sarcasm may represent a lower form of wit, but we found that it certainly catalyzes a higher form of thought.


Well, duh.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:27 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


Give me the 36 who've said he goes in on the first ballot.You seem pretty sure he will, so prove it.

Easy.   He will receive 100%.  All 46.

You might think you've found a clever way to side-step there, but you haven't.
Provide links to all 46 selectors saying that.
YOUR STANDARD Guppy. Nobody's allowed to express an opinion. Have factual evidence to back up every word you say or don't say anything.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Sarcasm isn't analysis at all. It's what halfwits use when they don't have a response.
Lowest form of wit, right?


Sarcasm is often viewed as a low form of wit, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] published in Organization Behavior and Human Decision Processes suggests that it might make you more creative.
Little research has been done on the effects of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which is why researchers from a host of top American universities, including Harvard and Columbia, experimented on how sarcastic comments affect creativity. The experiments involved more than 300 men and women whose creativity was tested by completing tasks after saying or receiving sarcastic comments. Another control group of participants was also asked to complete the tasks, although they were told sincere comments. The findings revealed that those who gave and received sarcastic comments were three times more creative than the control group because the sarcasm forced their brains to think abstractly, boosting creativity.
“We found that sarcasm may stimulate creativity, the generation of ideas, insights, or problem solutions that are novel and useful,” Dr. Li Huang, an author of the study and assistant professor of organizational behavior at Insead, a graduate business school, told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. As Oscar Wilde believed, sarcasm may represent a lower form of wit, but we found that it certainly catalyzes a higher form of thought.


Well, duh.


Yea...no.  I don't think you were trying to 'catalyze a higher form of thought' with:


Ya, real well thought-out brilliance on display there.
Incredible analysis. 
I'm just in awe.

I think it's more likely you couldn't think of anything to say but felt you had to put your two cents in and dipshit, wiseass sarcasm was the best you could do.

avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by George1963 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:37 pm

"Judicial review of a labor-arbitration decision pursuant to such an agreement is very limited. Courts are not authorized to review the arbitrator's decision on the merits despite allegations that the decision rests on factual errors or misinterprets the parties' agreement.... It is only when the arbitrator strays from interpretation and application of the agreement and effectively 'dispenses his own brand of industrial justice' that his decision may be unenforceable. When an arbitrator resolves disputes regarding the application of a contract, and no dishonesty is alleged, the arbitrator's 'improvident, even silly, factfinding' does not provide a basis for a reviewing court to refuse to enforce the award."

[size=undefined]Major League Baseball Players Association v. Garvey, 121 S.Ct. 1724 (Sup. Ct., 2001)[/size]
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:51 pm

George1963 wrote:"Judicial review of a labor-arbitration decision pursuant to such an agreement is very limited. Courts are not authorized to review the arbitrator's decision on the merits despite allegations that the decision rests on factual errors or misinterprets the parties' agreement.... It is only when the arbitrator strays from interpretation and application of the agreement and effectively 'dispenses his own brand of industrial justice' that his decision may be unenforceable. When an arbitrator resolves disputes regarding the application of a contract, and no dishonesty is alleged, the arbitrator's 'improvident, even silly, factfinding' does not provide a basis for a reviewing court to refuse to enforce the award."

Major League Baseball Players Association v. Garvey, 121 S.Ct. 1724 (Sup. Ct., 2001)

Judicial review is "very limited".  Not "it can never happen". 

What don't you get about that?

I tried explaining it to you.  You still have to have "fundamental fairness" in the process.  But you didn't want to listen.

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by guppy on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Judicial reversal of an arbitration decision is very rare.  All agree on that as a general principle.

It only happens in cases where there is an obvious gross miscarriage of justice.

Brady being framed by Goodell on NO evidence fits the description of a gross miscarriage of justice.  I clearly explained this.


I also explained to you that Article 46 gives the Commissioner the power to discipline for "conduct detrimental", and that because the Pash-Wells Report* found no "conduct" whatsoever by Brady, only a so-called assumed "general awareness", that Goodell outright violated Article 46.  Article 46 gives no such power to discipline for "awareness", and this is the first time in history Art. 46 is being used for that purpose.  You can't do something like that for the first time.  That blatant, illegal misuse of Art. 46 by this bafoon of a commissioner could NEVER withstand judicial scrutiny.

You should have set your bias aside for two seconds and listened to me.


What did Judge Berman say about "general awareness" which it called "the principal finding in both the Wells Report and the Vincent Letter"?  



He said pretty much EXACTLY what I said, and what I tried explaining to you:


"The Court concludes that, as a matter of law, no NFL policy or precedent notifies players that they may be disciplined (much less suspended) for general awareness of misconduct by others.  And it does not appear that the NFL has ever, prior to this case, sought to punish players for such an alleged violation."

Drops the mic.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: "Well known around the league"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum